Burnt Mountain [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

Burnt Mountain [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Montgomery Center, Vermont that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

private property

Hiking is permitted from mid May to mid November. In Winter a trail fee is charged for cross country skiing and snowshoeing. Winter access is from the cross country ski center on the Hazen's Notch Road.

Beautiful trail, Some really great views. It is on private property so you have to walk beyond the gate, met the owner as we were leaving super nice guy. Bring bug spray & bear mace. Owner said he's seen black bears several times w/cubs but slowly backed out and all was good.

This is one of my favorite mountains I’ve done so far! The view at the top is beautiful! The trailhead is a little confusing to get to though. You have to park at the gate of the farm and then walk straight until you get to the two buildings. You then start walking down a gravel road that is to the left of the buildings. You’ll get to a point where you can either go left to High Meadow or right towards Beaver Pond, to get to the trail for the mountain you go left towards High Meadow! You walk a little more and then the actually trail is near a picnic table towards your right.
It’s steep for a good while and levels out more towards the top. He whole property is beautiful and no one else was there at all when we hiked it and it didn’t seem like anyone had been there for a while!

For my wife and myself we love hiking and we put a hurting on it .. to start out it is an easy road that leads to a picnic area and then the trail awaits .. bring bug spray as bugs were really bad at the bottom of the mountain the hike went straight up after a little ways in and it was a great hike . My wife and I ran down the hill after we hit the top . We did the whole 5 miles in 1hr 45 mins ..There is plenty of wildlife so bring bear mace ..

Sunday, September 18, 2016