Bromley Mountain Via Long Trail (Appalachian Trail) is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Peru, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

Directions from Manchester Depot, VT: Five miles east of Manchester Depot on SR 11 / 30 is a parking area and trail access for the Appalachian / Long Trail. Begin there.

As everyone says, its muddy :) We did a lot of stone hopping, but had an amazing time. We wanted a shorter hike, so we didn't do the full hike (we just walked in two hours and back). It was beautiful and our dog loved the trail too!

Our trek today was really muddy but the smell of pine trees along the way was really nice, and the view on top was was beautiful. Definitely worth a visit.

Fall and this trail is everything. The views are amazing and if you are lucky enough to have a clear day, will be an awesome hike.

This was a nice hike and you can see that at times of rain it could be very muddy. There was just a few spots that you had to navigate some mud but heck your hiking right? Don’t wear ballet shoes and you will be fine. At the top you can have a nice lunch on the lift platform. They were offering free rides on the gondola back and forth to the lodge.

Great Trail for all ages. Wear sturdy hiking footwear and layered clothing for the fall...overall a great adventure.

Pretty good hike although it was very muddy even though it hadn't rained in a few days. Made it in under 4 hours.

This actually is getting four instead of five yesterday because of the enormous amounts of mud. It took us almost 5 hours up the Peru trail because of having to cut around to avoid large swaths of the stuff, 6 inches deep in some spots. I’m only complaining because at one point while trying to jump from rock to rock, I fell....and ended up looking like Big Foot. The trail and wonderful 360 degree view at the top made it all worth it! Great, relatively easy...and I’m a whiner.

We jogged this trail which had many stream crossings and gently meanders up to Bromley Skiway. It rained hard the night before so the trail was muddy but not terrible. We met some AT hikers at the top (there’s a small lodge) and checked out the surrounding mountain ranges that weren’t blocked by the clouds. It’s 6 miles round trip (out and back) and it took us almost 2 hours jogging most of the way with about 20 minutes spent at the top. It you’re in the area and are looking for a good hike that won’t take all day, I’d recommend it!

I love this trail as it is both part of the AT and Long Trail. It is mostly wooded with nice switchbacks that make the climb more fun than hard. There are a couple bridges and streams along the way and a nice Vista about halfway up which provides a nice view. The last .03 miles is spent walking up a ski slope and in my opinion is the hardest part of the trail. The 360 degree views from the top are phenomenal.

Nice hike for half a day. Last of hike on ski slope. Out house on top. Wear good hiking shoes, will get muddy with streams.

great easy hike with a well-maintained trail

The round-trip took me about four hours, but I'm not exactly in shape or an experienced hiker. The trail was well marked and well-maintained. Plenty of bridges and planks out to get through the worst bits. One thing I noticed: despite a lack of rain recently, the ground was still fairly wet and the rocks were slippery. (the humidity was high, probably giving nowhere for the water to go.)

Family fun trail. Casual 1.45 walk to summit. Wide trail. Popular and awesome!!

View at the top was worth the hike. It is not a difficult hike and has several switchbacks to keep the steep ascents at a minimum.

Monday, November 13, 2017

5 stars with no explanation needed. The AT/Long trail is always well maintained and easy to follow. They were making snow at the summit as we got there for the ski resort, but still had a beautiful almost 360 degree view of the nearby Green and Taconic Mountains.

Saturday, October 07, 2017

Easy day hike. We went at a moderate pace and only took a few hours. The view at the top is ok. Part of the hike is actually walking up a ski trail. There is some rocks at the summit to sit on and eat or bring a small towel if you don't want to sit in the grass. Well marked trail, very easy to follow. Slow incline and some rocky spots. I hiked Killington earlier this summer, would recommend that much more than this. In my opinion, the view at the top of Bromley is disappointing compared to many others nearby! But still a decent, easy hike! Definitely appropriate for all skill levels. Saw lots of kids (age probably 5 and up) and even teeny dogs hiking!

Friday, August 18, 2017

I really enjoyed this hike that I completed on 8/17/17. I probably ran into a total of 15 people and was alone at the summit for the entire hour that i was up there. The trail is moderate with a nice descent. If I had more time and was in better shape, I would love to do at least 70 miles on the Long Trail. Being out in the woods is a wonderful experience

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

I started my 65 mile section of the Long Trail here. The hike ascents at a moderate grade through a calm spruce forest to the ridge over a few false summits. The are a number of views on the way up. The summit has panoramic views and you can see Stratton and Okemo from the top. If you are continuing to the shelter there is a vista on the backside. I highly recommend this trail.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Just got back from hiking this - it's a pretty easy hike with a decent view at the top. The trail was muddy in places.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Had a great time doing this climb today! Trail was wet from the recent rainfall but still quite passable. A nice steady ascent to the summit with only the last 3/4 mile being more than easy. Views are amazing and more than worth the effort to get there! A good one for the kids and dogs, if which I saw many today!

Monday, June 26, 2017

Beautiful! Perfect trail!

Monday, May 29, 2017

I really enjoyed the hike with the exception of swarms of black flies. It took my daughters and I around 3.5 hours to complete. A great work out but the last stretch on the ski slope was challenging for me. Well marked and friendly hikers. The day we hiked there were lot's of other hikers.I found it to be a very quick hike.

Thursday, March 02, 2017

I only went up a mile due to limited time as it was getting dark. Great trail, not difficult to go along. Can't wait to go back!

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

The Bromley trail is an enjoyable hike, it's scenic and brings you to the summit of Bromley Ski Area.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Loved this trail. The view is amazing. Did it 3 years ago.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

This out and back from route 11 is pretty enjoyable as long as you aren't looking for scenery all the way. It is very enclosed with trees and there is not a lot to see but it is a steady 3 miles to the top and he path is fairly forgiving. I would not describe this as hard, this is an easy or moderate hike at best. A strong hiker could do this too top to bottom in two hours, if you are little slower 3 hours but that is at a stilling pace. It has two rewarding points, about a mile from the top there is a beautiful vista that looks out over the region and then at the top it has a wonderful 360 viewpoint. Make sure you are going in good weather because if there is low cloud you will not be happy missing the only real reward. I've done this route a few times and would recommend it in good weather.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Started from RT.11 and followed the Bromley Brook Trail up to the ski trail...the last 0.3mi is up the ski slope to the summit. There is no longer a fire tower, but the chairlift ramp makes I nice platform to enjoy lunch, the sun & a satisfying view!

Friday, September 04, 2015

Did a loop with an overnight. Hiked Lyle Brook trail and detoured to the waterfall which was beautiful. Then continues trail which is extremely overgrown with hobble bushes, camped at Bourne pond, woke up and hiked the Branch Pond Trail which is nicely maintained. Stayed on trail to the intersection with AT then turned down service road to Prospect Rock which provides a beautiful view of the mountains to the south and west. Trail continues to the paved road for a mile and a half hike back to start.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

There is no longer a tower on top of Bromley. There is still the outhouse & hut.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Great workout coming in from either side. Coming in from the south, the parking area is just outside of Manchester, easy to get to. It starts out slow, but then gets steep. If hiking in winter / early spring watch out for snowmobilers as that trail crosses this trail, and they can go fast (watch your dogs if not on leash).