Bromley Mountain Via Long Trail (Appalachian Trail)

Bromley Mountain Via Long Trail (Appalachian Trail) is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Peru, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Manchester Depot, VT: Five miles east of Manchester Depot on SR 11 / 30 is a parking area and trail access for the Appalachian / Long Trail. Begin there.

I really enjoyed this hike that I completed on 8/17/17. I probably ran into a total of 15 people and was alone at the summit for the entire hour that i was up there. The trail is moderate with a nice descent. If I had more time and was in better shape, I would love to do at least 70 miles on the Long Trail. Being out in the woods is a wonderful experience

I started my 65 mile section of the Long Trail here. The hike ascents at a moderate grade through a calm spruce forest to the ridge over a few false summits. The are a number of views on the way up. The summit has panoramic views and you can see Stratton and Okemo from the top. If you are continuing to the shelter there is a vista on the backside. I highly recommend this trail.

Just got back from hiking this - it's a pretty easy hike with a decent view at the top. The trail was muddy in places.

Had a great time doing this climb today! Trail was wet from the recent rainfall but still quite passable. A nice steady ascent to the summit with only the last 3/4 mile being more than easy. Views are amazing and more than worth the effort to get there! A good one for the kids and dogs, if which I saw many today!

Beautiful! Perfect trail!

I really enjoyed the hike with the exception of swarms of black flies. It took my daughters and I around 3.5 hours to complete. A great work out but the last stretch on the ski slope was challenging for me. Well marked and friendly hikers. The day we hiked there were lot's of other hikers.I found it to be a very quick hike.

I only went up a mile due to limited time as it was getting dark. Great trail, not difficult to go along. Can't wait to go back!

The Bromley trail is an enjoyable hike, it's scenic and brings you to the summit of Bromley Ski Area.

Loved this trail. The view is amazing. Did it 3 years ago.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

This out and back from route 11 is pretty enjoyable as long as you aren't looking for scenery all the way. It is very enclosed with trees and there is not a lot to see but it is a steady 3 miles to the top and he path is fairly forgiving. I would not describe this as hard, this is an easy or moderate hike at best. A strong hiker could do this too top to bottom in two hours, if you are little slower 3 hours but that is at a stilling pace. It has two rewarding points, about a mile from the top there is a beautiful vista that looks out over the region and then at the top it has a wonderful 360 viewpoint. Make sure you are going in good weather because if there is low cloud you will not be happy missing the only real reward. I've done this route a few times and would recommend it in good weather.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016