Bromley Mountain Via Long Trail (Appalachian Trail)

Bromley Mountain Via Long Trail (Appalachian Trail) is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Peru, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Manchester Depot, VT: Five miles east of Manchester Depot on SR 11 / 30 is a parking area and trail access for the Appalachian / Long Trail. Begin there.

Easy day hike. We went at a moderate pace and only took a few hours. The view at the top is ok. Part of the hike is actually walking up a ski trail. There is some rocks at the summit to sit on and eat or bring a small towel if you don't want to sit in the grass. Well marked trail, very easy to follow. Slow incline and some rocky spots. I hiked Killington earlier this summer, would recommend that much more than this. In my opinion, the view at the top of Bromley is disappointing compared to many others nearby! But still a decent, easy hike! Definitely appropriate for all skill levels. Saw lots of kids (age probably 5 and up) and even teeny dogs hiking!

I really enjoyed this hike that I completed on 8/17/17. I probably ran into a total of 15 people and was alone at the summit for the entire hour that i was up there. The trail is moderate with a nice descent. If I had more time and was in better shape, I would love to do at least 70 miles on the Long Trail. Being out in the woods is a wonderful experience

I started my 65 mile section of the Long Trail here. The hike ascents at a moderate grade through a calm spruce forest to the ridge over a few false summits. The are a number of views on the way up. The summit has panoramic views and you can see Stratton and Okemo from the top. If you are continuing to the shelter there is a vista on the backside. I highly recommend this trail.

Just got back from hiking this - it's a pretty easy hike with a decent view at the top. The trail was muddy in places.

Had a great time doing this climb today! Trail was wet from the recent rainfall but still quite passable. A nice steady ascent to the summit with only the last 3/4 mile being more than easy. Views are amazing and more than worth the effort to get there! A good one for the kids and dogs, if which I saw many today!

Beautiful! Perfect trail!

I really enjoyed the hike with the exception of swarms of black flies. It took my daughters and I around 3.5 hours to complete. A great work out but the last stretch on the ski slope was challenging for me. Well marked and friendly hikers. The day we hiked there were lot's of other hikers.I found it to be a very quick hike.

I only went up a mile due to limited time as it was getting dark. Great trail, not difficult to go along. Can't wait to go back!