Broad Brook Trail

Broad Brook Trail is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pownal, Vermont that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Parking and trail head are off of White Oaks just into Vermont from Williamstown

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

This trail is a bit overgrown and easy to lose, so pay attention to the blazes. The waterfall is not much of a waterfall- we weren't even sure that was it until we got to the end of the trail. And you have to go over and back across the creek four times each way- so 16 total crossings. It had been raining a lot recently when we went so you definitely couldn't get across on the rocks- we had to wade a couple times. However, the woods and the creek were beautiful and it was a pleasant hike!

Thursday, April 27, 2017

I recently took my girlfriend on this trail, and it was definitely a good time. There are a few spots where you have to play leap frog on the rocks to successfully get across the brook and continue your hike but I find that to be the best part. On our way back out to the truck, she got a little froze up on one of the rocks and ended up taking a swim lol. I suggest this trail to those who are just trying to have a moderate walk through nature

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Easy, short hike along the Broad Brook. About 1+ mi. Lots of shade; nice on a hot day.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017