Broad Brook Trail

Broad Brook Trail is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pownal, Vermont that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

Parking and trail head are off of White Oaks just into Vermont from Williamstown

This trail is a bit overgrown and easy to lose, so pay attention to the blazes. The waterfall is not much of a waterfall- we weren't even sure that was it until we got to the end of the trail. And you have to go over and back across the creek four times each way- so 16 total crossings. It had been raining a lot recently when we went so you definitely couldn't get across on the rocks- we had to wade a couple times. However, the woods and the creek were beautiful and it was a pleasant hike!

I recently took my girlfriend on this trail, and it was definitely a good time. There are a few spots where you have to play leap frog on the rocks to successfully get across the brook and continue your hike but I find that to be the best part. On our way back out to the truck, she got a little froze up on one of the rocks and ended up taking a swim lol. I suggest this trail to those who are just trying to have a moderate walk through nature

Easy, short hike along the Broad Brook. About 1+ mi. Lots of shade; nice on a hot day.

Sunday, July 10, 2016