Belvidere Mountain

Belvidere Mountain is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Belvidere Center, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Great trail. A bit muddy with slippery rocks on the top. Only one viewpoint at the end. NOTE: I lost a broche on the trail, piece of wood with a silver leaf. Let me know if you find it! marie.dupuis@gmail.com.

Nice hike with a great 360 view from the fire tower at the summit!

Doing this trail again today and though wet as it’s been raining, I’m not concerned. Seems like every time we go it rains, haha! Good amount of parking at the trail head.

*As an aside, I hike with my 4 large dogs - this app says dogs have to be leashed but that isn’t true. The trail is a part of the Long Trail which allows off leash dogs except at crowded summits and when there is alpine vegetation. This app is overall not especially accurate regarding dog use and I suggest doing additional research before going out to any trail if you don’t wish to use a leash (I literally can’t with 4 dogs, smallest of which is 60lbs). That being said, this trail has a lot of little stream crossings which is great for them.

Loved it, leisurely at the bottom with lots of small brook/ river crossings. Steeper at the top. Very wet and muddy. Excellent views on a clear day.

Beautiful.

Great hike. Did it with my 20 lb terrier a Saturday morning in October. The dog loves it and was able to ascend off leash as we didn't see any other hikers until just below the summit. Unfortunately can't speak for views as it was overcast when we went but the immediate views around the trail still pleasurable.

Also a Great less trafficked alternative to other area hikes

Good stuff folks a little challenging

Monday, July 24, 2017

Very difficult parts of the trail due to erosion. You need to go over lots of rocks. The view is worth it once you get to the top, however.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Very muddy, make sure you have waterproof hiking boots. Once your reach the top it's worth it. I would recommend a hiking stick as there are several slippery spots. I wouldn't recommend small children as the hike took roughly 4 hours.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Moderate climb, not too technical, but quite muddy. OK for running. Great views from the fire tower on top.

Friday, June 23, 2017

did this hike at 4:30 on a beautiful afternoon! amazing views and saw absolutely no one else on the entire trail. somewhat rocky but otherwise great!!

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Perfect day hike. When it's clear weather you can see to Quebec

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Friday, April 21, 2017

I've climb this twice now and I'd do it again. No views from tower today, but when there are you can see all the to Mt. Washington. I had the trail to myself today and saw 2 pheasants and a white very large rabbit near the summit. No snow until you hit around 2000ft, but wet. I put on microspikes and my gators. I had snowshoes, but never used them. Postholing was too bad either. Trail up near the top was a little hard to follow. Perhaps trail could use more blazing on trees vice rocks. Lots of snow and ice with trees being very tired after a long hard winter.

Monday, October 17, 2016

The fire tower up top provides amazing views!!!!

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Went in August 2015. The hike then was well-enough marked, that may have changed since, had nice scenery, and was a moderate hike. I have a fear of heights, so fire towers are out of the question. The view from the summit itself, however, was still very enjoyable, but trees on the south side and a bit on the west blocks, if my memory serves me right, about half or more of the view. Regardless, I'd go hike this again.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

the first half of the trail is well marked and muddy. it had great scenery including a stream that ran a lot of the way. by the time we were 2/3rds up the markers were scarce and I spent a lot of unnecessary time looking for where the path continued. to top off the bad markers, which are white and a terrible color to find on a tree. we also got into a lot of snow and ice... this made the trail extremely difficult. micro spikes were needed... (of course, I did not have them). perhaps it would not have been so challenging if over a mile wasn't thick with ice/snow. I would rate this as hard, and not for beginners.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

This was a moderate but nice trail. The lower portion of the trail was a little muddy, but as I went up in elevation, there was snow and ice on the trail. This added time to the ascent and decent. The views from the top by the tower were excellent. If you decide to do this prior to the summer I would be prepared for snow and ice close to the summit.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Excellent trail with awesome 360* views

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Amazing view at top. Five story fire tower on top

Sunday, October 02, 2016