Bald Mountain Loop Hike

Bald Mountain Loop Hike is a 3 mile loop trail located near Rutland, Vermont and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from September until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice loop hike with many vistas, lots of blueberries in August The Bald Mountain Trail is noted for its vistas, blueberries, and wildflowers. Four vistas located at rock promontories along the trail offer panoramic views of the Green Mountain range, Otter Creek and Cold River valleys, as well as Rutland City. The East Loop is 3.3 miles long and the West Loop or Lower Loop is 0.9 miles. The hike has mostly moderate grades with a few steep decents on the West Loop and the end of the East Loop.

do this many time a year one of my favort thank-you trail crew with the clea
n up

Awesome view from vistas. There is some trees down from the storm, however there is paths around. There some planned maintenance pink Ribbons along the way. This was my first time on this trail. Steep in spots, great cardio workout. Also wet in places. You will see where main trial turns into right hand side of the loop. If you stay to the left,'you will then see

hiked this in April with my sister, brother -in-law and my 2 kiddos (9, 7). it was the kids' most difficult hike yet but they powered through. views were incredible and we look forward to heading up again!

Well maintained-- nice views

Beautiful hike with the dog. Not crowded either.

Steep then easy. Needed my poles.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Not as picturesque as I had hoped, but a good hike for the legs, heart & spirit!

Monday, May 30, 2016

Sunday, April 24, 2016

I got a little off track, only made it to 2 of the 4 vistas. going to try again in August and hopefully find some blueberries!

Saturday, March 05, 2016

Sunday, November 29, 2015

I don't know how this is classified as hard, compared to what? Mt Moosilauke is hard; this trail is moderate at its most challenging sections. Great for a few hours in the afternoon with the family. I took my seven year old up this morning (11/29) and it was frosty toward the top. The wind was a bit much, so we didn't finish the whole loop. Definitely a trail I will frequent as I live in Rutland, but best done in late spring or early fall.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Very nice little hike in the fall. (About 2 hours for two relatively in shape 30-something's hiking at a gentle pace with stops for lunch and photos). We went Oct 3rd, and had some nice foliage. It's a well-maintained trail and while there is no real peak (bald mountain is a total misnomer) there are 5 or 6 really nice little lookouts with lovely views. Definitely recommended. Also, the trail head is easy to find with good parking. Note that the trail starts at the kiosk/map.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

I really love hiking this loop.

Friday, August 08, 2014