Zion Narrows Trail to Upsilon Temple

Zion Narrows Trail to Upsilon Temple is a 14 mile out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a river. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking.

amazing trail full of challenge. Definitely rent water hiking boots in Springdale and carry a WOOD hiking stick. we saw people breaking their nice telescoping ones. Don't wear sandals or tennis shoes if you want to get further than a mile in the water. This isn't for anyone who isn't ready for a great challenge. We did from Temple of Sinawava to Big Spring on the first bus at 6am (get in line no later than 5:30). our hike was 10 miles round trip and took about 6 hours and we were BEAT after. The boots SAVED our hike for sure, highly recommend. #happyhiking!

The most unique hike I've ever been on! The beauty of this canyon is unbelievable!

Did it with Grammy and three kids. All loved it!

Awesome. But start early as gets really crowded near the entrance.

rent the gear. the shoes and stick are a life line. we went the whole way it was amazing.

As far as I know you can't find anything like this! Truly unique and easily one of the best hikes I've ever done! Absolutely rent the shoes and a walking stick at the visitor center. Makes it much more enjoyable. Renting pants isn't necessary.

If you are in the area, this is a must. I have done this hike twice, once in March and the other in October. The March trip required dry suits and neoprene gloves. The water temp was in the 30's and the air temp was just above freezing. The upside was we were all alone and it made for a one of a kind day. On my October visit my daughter used dry pants and we both had neoprene socks and canyoneering shoes. Well worth the money. We both used the go to wooden pole instead of trekking poles. There are too many nasty rocks to break off a nice trekking pole on. There are plenty of outfitters in the area of comparable price, some require advance reservations for equipment. Be an early riser, my daughter and I were on the first bus and were able to stay ahead of the crowds which helped to keep a more unique experience. Although very flat and easy, it takes a lot of energy to wade upstream and fight for good footing, save enough energy for the trip home, like a summit bid on a big mountain, wherever you stop to turnaround it is only halfway!

Heavy traffic but it's worth the trip. The crowd becomes smaller the deeper you go. You can turn around anytime you want. We turned around after hiking 3mi because the sun was setting.

The experience was unreal. You feel like you're in a different world. The water wasn't cold, during September. Most of the hike is knee-thigh high deep. The trail is hard mainly because of rocks you may not see and you're going upstream. There are banks where you can rest and dry out for a moment. My next goal is to this hike from the top down.

Wow! Unbelievable......!! Water was cold in November but it was worth the pain. A must do!!!