Zion Narrows Trail to Upsilon Temple

Zion Narrows Trail to Upsilon Temple is a 14 mile out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a river. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking.

Heavy traffic but it's worth the trip. The crowd becomes smaller the deeper you go. You can turn around anytime you want. We turned around after hiking 3mi because the sun was setting.

The experience was unreal. You feel like you're in a different world. The water wasn't cold, during September. Most of the hike is knee-thigh high deep. The trail is hard mainly because of rocks you may not see and you're going upstream. There are banks where you can rest and dry out for a moment. My next goal is to this hike from the top down.

Wow! Unbelievable......!! Water was cold in November but it was worth the pain. A must do!!!

This was cool because it's so unlike anything I'm used to seeing in Washington State. I didn't make it all the way to the Temple, but it's on my list to do so. The going was pretty slow because of the crowds and because you spend the large majority of your time wading in the river. We went in mid-July, but I'm told that access is limited earlier on because of the water levels.

Awesome

My wife, son and I hiked to the end of Wall Street. On the way back we went about 30 minutes into Orderville Canyon. There were many people on the trail, but not the terrible crowds I was warned about. I think mid week is better to avoid crowds. Friday looked like it was packed with people. Orderville Canyon was fun. A bit more challenging as there were obstacles to traverse, but my son really enjoyed that part. The entire hike took us about 6 hours at a moderate pace. The water temp was low 50s and we rented pants in addition to socks and shoes. I think it made our time more enjoyable. We were never hot.

I have gone up the Zion Narrows many times with various family members ranging in age from 5 years old to 70. The trail is the river, so depending on the water level the difficulty varies. It is a fantastic experience to be hiking between steep, tall cliff sides and hanging gardens. There are some beaches along the way, but you're mostly walking in the river. You can make this hike as long or as short as you like, since it's in and out the same way.

went 5 miles in,great adventure for my wife and I

Awesome

Zion National park is definitely a Top 5 hiking destination in the US. Each trail at Zion is unique. The deeper into the Narrows you venture, the more challenging yet more rewarding it becomes.