Zion Canyon Scenic Drive

Zion Canyon Scenic Drive is a 17.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for nature trips, road biking, and scenic driving and is best used from March until October.

scenic driving

A super easy pedal up Zion Canyon. Relatively free of cars, this is a peaceful, beautiful way to see Zion Canyon. This easy road bike pedal is a great way to experience Zion National Park. The relative lack of auto traffic enables riders to enjoy the scenery without noise and car-danger. I had a slight tailwind riding up-canyon and made great time.

scenic driving

Although we have driven up many times without any traffic, including the night before this drive, we took the tram this time as we were doing Angel's Landing and then cooling off at the Narrows. Drove up through Springdale and parked on the side of the road just opposite the entrance to the drive. We got there early so secured one of these hallowed spots. Think we got the first or second tram of the morning because there were only 6 people on the tram. We rode up to the Grotto and got off, then did a spectacular hike to the top of Angel's Landing. It was only 109 degrees in the valley when we got down, so we took the tram the rest of the way to the Narrows and cooled our feet in the river.... ahhhhhh.... that's the way to do it! Zion is absolutely heavenly, in step where angels dare to tread. Don't miss the scenic driving or the hiking or the views or encountering mule deer or bighorn sheep.

scenic driving

I love this drive and the trails that it leads to. When I can drive a car because it outside the busy season it's hard to keep my eyes on the road even though I been there many times. Love hiking the many trails that have trailheads along this road.

scenic driving

One amazing view after the next, from the wonderful town of Springdale just outside the park to the end of the road at the Temple of Sinawava.

Nice scenic drive. Saw about 45 deer!