Z Trail

Z Trail is a 6.4 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Millcreek, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

6.4 km
298 m

The hike itself was beautiful and not too difficult. We went at 2:30 p.m. which was obviously a mistake. There is very little cover past the first part of the trail. Early morning or evening would be better, or maybe the fall?

I love this trail! It’s a steady, intense climb for the first 400’ or so and then if you take off around the front of the mountain, the trail is nice rolling elevation. Lots of beautiful scenery!

** We did see a rattlesnake this morning around 8:30 am

I walk or run this trail almost every week with my dog. The trail is steep at the beginning but mellows out for the remainder. Gorgeous views for the whole hike and you can often walk along this trail not seeing a single soul. Its the perfect little quite, quick hike with amazing views.

The first part is the steepest, after that its pretty mellow. When everything starts to bloom again, this trail will be even more jaw dropping! Beautiful views and wildlife around.

Great hike that is super close and and you have a full view of the valley for pretty much the entire hike. First little bit is a pretty good climb...then it just meanders up and down and is easy. Hiked it on 1-1-18 and almost the entire trail was packed ice. Wore snowtrax which made it doable...there was no way we would have hiked this without them...

Great city views

We've been doing a hike for every letter of the alphabet, so the Z Trail was a godsend! This trail gains a lot of elevation at the beginning, but the trail has nice, smooth footing. We hiked it at sunset and just went as far as the overlook bench (see Breck Tuttle's recording and pics). This was perfect for me and my 4 kids (15, 11, 9, 7). And the sunset? Incredible!!!

Saturday, November 07, 2015