Yellow Knolls Trail

Yellow Knolls Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Saint George, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Parking is free and easy at the trailhead.

one of my favorites !

fun trail! not so hard ...couldnt finish it though due to a fat dog! poor Betty!

Lindsay A. Boring? Not very Scenic? HAHA!

should be rated as easy. not very scenic

boring

Friday, November 18, 2016

Kinda boring, lots of places for snakes to hide I was paranoid the whole time but I guess it's worth hiking atleast once!

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

A decent, dog friendly hike. Note that it is 2 miles out and 2 miles back -- so 4 miles round trip.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

An easy, fun Jaunt past the Yellow Knolls. Makes it more fun to scramble up to the summits of the knolls themselves. Another option is to add the Black Gulch trail and return that way.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Was okay. Nice and easy.

Monday, March 07, 2016

Went okay. Good scenic areas. Just a nice walk in the park. I like more extreme trails.

rock climbing
Monday, February 29, 2016

Fun peak bagging

Friday, November 27, 2015

Doesn't look like much from the trailhead but gets interesting and cool about a mile in. Not a hard trail, but does get sandy in a few spots. We turned around at a place we called the 'Lizards Belly' because of the way the rocks looked, so I'm not sure about the trail beyond that. Would definitely do it again.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Beautiful hike! Its kina short, nice easy great for the kids!

Sunday, May 25, 2014

yes sandstone is cool, but power line interrupt the long distance views. so many stunning trails near by have more interesting sights. see chuckwalla.

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

So many things to look at and do. One of the coolest hikes I've ever been on and it's not that far out of the way. I left an ounce of gold in a black box and put it in a crevasse 14 paces east of the overhang. You'll know the over hang when you see it, cause I made a campfire there and you can see it still

Monday, November 18, 2013

It looks like a walk into the desert until you round the mountain. Then there are a variety of fun things to explore ranging from lava rock to beautiful sand stone formations. Really enjoyed this hike. It is not shady so the fall is a great time to hike here.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Really enjoyed this hike with my wife. Friendly hikers all around with lots of repellers taking advantage of the great weather. Loved the little side trails and caves that caused me to rate this hike a five star event.

Thursday, December 06, 2012

I love this place. So much to see and explore. I really liked seeing all the agave plants. I enjoyed this hike with my dogs. Been several times and always find something new to see. The formations are very unique.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017