Yellow Fork Canyon Trail is a 6.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Herriman, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a very nice trail system that gradually climbs its way to a ridge line with fantastic views of the Oquirrh mountains and the Salt Lake Valley.

Great hike. Not many people. I saw deer both times I went.

Nice area, but lots of horse poop. If you're on foot and are terrified of stepping in horse poop like me, this trail isn't for you!

My first time there today. It was challenging but great. Very nice views when on top. Many people on horseback, I’m not sure it’s great for bikes though. For hiking, definitely it’s a go :)

I have hiked this area probably close to 60 times in the last couple of years and have found the trails to be whatever I wanted them to be. I want solitude I can find it because of all of the branch offs that go up different draws. If I want strenuous, it is there. If I want leisurely, it's easy to find as well. I almost never see other hikers on mostvof the trail branches that I have hiked. There are lots of deer and other animals including cougars so keep your eyes open. :)

There are many trails and roads you could take as out and backs or loops from the Rose Canyon Trailhead. I don't think many of the descriptions here are actually of the loop shown on the map. I went up almost to the radio towers on the way to Butterfield Peaks, mostly on the road, which worked out to 10.6 miles and 2700 ft of elevation. If I had known I was almost at the peaks, I would have kept going. There were some fantastic views walking along the ridgeline, but it's still very hazy everywhere from the fires. Good view of the copper mine in the distance. Some ATVs, trail bikes and pick-up truck traffic on some of the roads, and cows in random places. The trailhead has space for a lot of parking, and it was all full when I finished at 10:30 AM on Labor Day.

I've done this twice this week and loved it both times. Hiked up the south side and ran down the north side of the loop. The run was through the trees in soft, powdery dirt. So much fun! Make sure to cut into the trees when the full downhill starts, otherwise you'll miss the powder and will be stuck on a rocky downhill.

This trail is one of my go-to trails because it’s close to home. I love that it loops so that you don’t go back the same way you came. There’s always quite a few horseback riders and mountain bikers so it’s not for you if you’re really looking to get away! I wish there was more water toward the top because it’s pretty dry and hot this time of year. Would recommend!

This trail was awesome! I saw a ton of cows in this area and we were basically alone the whole time (plus there was service). Difficult, but doable. I'll be visiting this beautiful area again, hopefully soon!

Really enjoyed biking, going down was my favorite.

Nice climb on my mountain bike

We visited on 5/26/2018 and hiked about 1.5 miles up the trail. There was some horse poop along the trail but ultimately it’s not really much of a bother. We saw 2 small snakes near the trail and 2 small deer in one of the clearings. Overall we loved it and will definitely go back to hike further

I love this trail. Great for hikes and mountain biking. There are so many options/connections trail wise. On weekends it can sometimes be busy, but compared to BCC and LCC, it’s nothing. The views aren’t dramatic as some hikes in BCC and LCC, but definitely worth checking out.

Nice little Sunday hike, trail is pretty clear. If in doubt for the big loop hang right. Besides that the meadow at the top is peaceful and coming back down is as tranquil as can be.

finished this hike yesterday. a nice hike with little elevation gain. Looking forward to taking my family on this one.

We didn't finish more than 1 mile because my kids were starting to get tired. Hike was nice, and the scenery was beautiful, but there was way to much horse poop. We had to really watch where we stepped. There was a great breeze and the mile we did was easy for my kids ages 19, 6 and 4.

went to check out this trail for the first time yesterday with my uncle. made only about a mile because of time. I look forward to completing it in the near future

Easy hike. Lots of mud today but easy to navigate through. Dog friendly. Lots of places for the kids to explore. Only made it up about a mile and then turned back.

Great trail and great time of year to do it. Second time doing this trail, the first being mid summer last year, that was miserable. Went last weekend before the snowfall, still had drifts up to ~3 ft to go through near the top but wasn't too bad if you have waterproof boots. I prefer to start on the left and have the majority of the elevation gain at the beginning. Would recommend.

Started the day Intending to hike the loop as described but didn't want to hike the roads where possible so instead of coming down the Yellow Fork Canyon Road we used the Big Rock trail to get back to the trailhead. Nice time of year to hike and avoid crowds

Went today to burn off calories and take ... was really nice. it's close to home and almost nobody there. love the peace there. today's trail was packed down for the first mile and a half. farther on it there was only inches of fluff to walk through. overall a beautiful serene hike! :) dog friendly area

I love it!

Saturday, December 09, 2017

Great views once you get to the top. Lots of horse traffic.

Thursday, October 19, 2017

While this was an ultimately beautiful hike because of the leaves changing colors, there were a couple things that cause me to give it 4 stars. I would not recommend this trail unless you download the map!!!
DIRECTIONS: The directions will take you right to the beginning, Walk over the bridge and take the trail to the right, by the creek.
Almost the whole way up the trail if you come to a fork, go right. And you will come to a fork about every half mile so there are A LOT of them. I did pretty well following the map until about halfway up when you are supposed to cross the stream. This happens when you see a large open field with picnic tables and soccer net poles on the north side of the stream. There are a bunch of picnic tables on the way up, but this is a big, wide open area. Cross here and continue up the trail. You will then come to fork at the base of the mountain, go to the left. This climb right here is where all the elevation kicks in. The views at the top weren't spectacular, but they were pretty. The way back down takes forever with lots of switchbacks.
Wasn't my favorite hike, but the changing leaves made it beautiful and I only saw 3 people on the whole 7 miles so that was a plus. Lots of horse poop on the last 1/2 mile though.

Friday, September 01, 2017

This was a really wonderful hike nice gradual relatively smooth track. I was glad for my downloaded map because there are a maze of trails in the area and would have gotten lost for sure, as it was I got off track a couple of times and needed to backtrack. There was a lot more cover and shade than I was expecting on the trail on the south of the stream. I will repeat this in the fall for the colors of the oaks and maples.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Awesome as always 4 th straight week on this trail, it never gets old.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Love this trail for running. A little tricky the first time or two because the trails aren't marked and there are a ton of forks. Lots of deer. Not too crowded on a Saturday morning.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

This should be rated hard. Lots of inclines and then declines in and out of canyons. Got lost several times. Make sure to download map first. Saw a deer. Small babbling brook. Make sure you have sunscreen and water. Most of trail is in sun. The thistle was taller than me and full of yellow finches. It was best part of trail. There is a great summit view. You can see mountains all 4 sides. This trail features desert look.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Did this trail again this morning I took the entire loop and the left fork all the vertical on the left is in the first 3 miles. Whew! Still a great trail and those on horse back are very courteous!