Yellow Fork Canyon Trail

Yellow Fork Canyon Trail is a 6.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Herriman, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a very nice trail system that gradually climbs its way to a ridge line with fantastic views of the Oquirrh mountains and the Salt Lake Valley.

This is a great hike when you have little ones !!! If you go on the south side of the stream the trail is in shade lots more.... we had three 4 yr olds and a new born and we still enjoyed the hike very much . The trail it self is well maintained, you need to be cautious for mt bikes or horseback riders.

Stunning views, lots of deer sighted, reasonable slope that lets you know you are going uphill without turning your legs to jelly. Plenty of parking and hardly any trail traffic on the Saturday afternoon we went.

Feels a little tougher than moderate. Still worth it.

For my first solo without the kids, pretty good. Going up, it's small, thin, rocky trail. Coming down, it's pretty easy. Couple of really wet muddy spots, but easily avoidable.

So green and so very different than the
Wasatch mountain range!
More hilly and leas rocky cliff sides made for a pretty cozy hike with the family.
We stayed comfortable in the heat with all of the shade that the trees provided.
​Passed many trail riders on horse back, and was glad to know a few and say hi!

Great hike and very few people on a Sunday afternoon. We hiked with just boots but might've been nice close to the top to have our snow shoes!

Made it a couple miles in but needed my snowshoes. Turned back almost to the top. The trail was good with my spikes for about 1.5 miles. I will do it again but will make sure I have my snowshoes with me. Got a good cardio workout. It was nice to get out of the inversion and see clear sky and breath fresh air. Very few people on the trail.

11.5.2016 | 15lb Backpack

This is called Yellow Fork Canyon and Rose Canyon. It's a beautiful area with lots of exploration opportunities as multiple trails branch from the main road. It can make following one track confusing but is great if you want to wander. So while we intended to follow the loop, we found ourselves on top of the mountain.

It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon so there were a number of people in the parking lot but once we got out and off the main road it wasn't busy. Lots of horseback riding here which is a nice change from other canyons but also made me more aware of my dog and his reactions.

People come here to shoot, horseback ride, hike and walk with kids. It's a great, versatile canyon and I definitely want to explore more!