Yellow Fork Canyon Trail

Yellow Fork Canyon Trail is a 6.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Herriman, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a very nice trail system that gradually climbs its way to a ridge line with fantastic views of the Oquirrh mountains and the Salt Lake Valley.

Fun trail good inclines and wildlife! I had a Doe and dawn scare the $&@ out of me I'm glad no one saw that!

I got lost. How did I get lost?

Awesome

Nice easy up hill walk until about half a mile before the summit. Then it kicked our butts. Felt good! It's a beautiful view up top!

On the northern loop at the 2 mile marker the main trail proceeds at the opening of a wooden fence. I took a trail that crosses the creek. I assume this trail was much steeper than the main trail.

Seems easier than a moderate, but I also didn't do it all.

Great trail with a fair amongst my of shade. Steep climb nearing the summit with loose rocks, but most of the trail is moderate. We enjoyed starting to the right for maximum shade. We finished the loop in 2 hrs 25 min.

Fun challenging trail with multiple forks

This is a great hike. The view from the top is spectacular. I prefer hiking up on the north (right) trail since it is a little more shady and down the other more open side. I saw deer, butterflies, birds, lizards... and very few people. Great 2-21/2 hour experience.

beautiful hike and it splits off into many other trails. I went up to an antenna about 8300ft. The mountains behind it continue to go up over 10k but are still covered in snow.