Yellow Fork Canyon Trail

Yellow Fork Canyon Trail is a 6.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Herriman, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,354 feet Route Type: Loop

This is a very nice trail system that gradually climbs its way to a ridge line with fantastic views of the Oquirrh mountains and the Salt Lake Valley.

Beautiful hike. Mixture of sun and shade. Just a few spots with a little bit of snow but perfect trail for this time of year.

Hiked through a canopy of oak and aspen trees. Observed cattle, chipmunks, and a gang of turkeys. Leg burner.

Went here last weekend, the fall colors were incredible. I think the app compresses the photos you upload to save space but it mutes the colors of the images I uploaded so the pictures don’t look as insane and pigmented. Even the photos I took didn’t do the real thing justice. This was the first time I did this trail, I’ll be back next fall. First half was exposed, second half was more shaded. A little more than 6 miles according to my fitbit. Also saw a sweet teepee someone made towards the end, as well as some wild turkeys.

It’s a fun trail. Lots of climbing with a great decent. I took a short cut up Big Rock trail. It’s a tough climb (about 30-35% grade). Not sure how many miles it cuts off the loop. Because of the horse shit everywhere I doubt I will return. I also should have taken pictures of the damage that horses do to trails. I will find somewhere else to ride.

Really like these trails. Nicely shaded for quite a ways and lots of alternate options to keep it interesting. We often see deer and other wildlife.

If you live in the region of Daybreak or Herriman it's the best natural hike I've seen this far in the area. Lower trail is as the map shows and nice and green. Upper trail is dry and scenic. Have fun mixing it up.

NEED SOME SIGNS OUT THERE! We enjoyed the different types of terrain (a good workout) but a lot of people riding horses so theres horse poop all over the trail.

Pretty boring trail.. but beware there’s tons of horse flies!!!!! Got a pretty painful bite from one of them. We hiked for about an hour and then just turned around cause there wasn’t much to hike for. Bring sunscreen because there isn’t much shade. Decent hike if you’re just wanting something plain.

This is a very family friendly hike to the two mile mark. There’s tables for a picnic if you want, and small water streams. The view is bland, but overall great hike.

Did this hike yesterday, except we turned left at Big Rock Trail (blue dashed trail) to make a smaller loop. Beautiful views at the top and lots of cover along the way. The incline was gradual in the beginning and end sections (the yellow fork portions), but the part in the middle was quite steep. This was for less than a mile, but we had to stop very frequently to catch our breath. Panoramic at the top was worth it, though! Only negative part was the lack of signs - we had to use our gps to stay on path.

Don’t do this! The road to the left is wrong, the trail to the left is steep as f***. Go all the way right to the trail by the creek or if it’s not during the heat of the day go on the road all the way to the right.

great trail but don't take the cutoff I took. Steep and rocky.

This trail is one of my local favorites. It’s a nice loop that is mostly shady. There are lots of spurs to explore, the area is good for out and backs or the full loop if your up for it. It is possible to also get up to Butterfield Peaks, or Butterfield canyon if you are committed enough.

Incredibly rocky terrain, but the views were well worth it! A variety of insects and amphibians, and colorful vegetation throughout. Highly recommend!

Great Hike! No signs indicating the different trails. Steep incline when you get to it. You climb it all quickly then an easy hike. Beautiful views. Will do it again for sure!

7 mile loop

Perfect for kids

we took the south fork at the start and boy was it steep. The trail can get confusing because there are so many other trails criss crossing this one. Be careful you follow the path on the app so you dont end up hiking all day or getting lost.

So many trails to choose from! Nice quiet canyon! Beware of cougars out there; there’s a debate on wether or not we found some tracks!

this recording is of my hike down after hiking up for 60 minutes. very easy hike. no wildlife except a few birds

Ridge route quick expansive 360° views. Pretty good day with one of my besties. God is good!

Great trail, we went counter clockwise, and was a much easier climb on the way up to the summit. This Spring run off his still carving its own Path through the trail. There is a little bit of snow at the top, muddy in some areas. But over all a great time year to hike this trail.

Nice trail, we brought younger kids to mountain bike which wasn’t the smartest move. Hard with kids(lots of uphill) but we all got a workout and still had a good time. Lots and lots of horses, butterflies everywhere, nice area to take kids but definitely walk/hike the trail with them!