Yellow Fork Canyon Trail

Yellow Fork Canyon Trail is a 6.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Herriman, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a very nice trail system that gradually climbs its way to a ridge line with fantastic views of the Oquirrh mountains and the Salt Lake Valley.

I love it!

Great views once you get to the top. Lots of horse traffic.

While this was an ultimately beautiful hike because of the leaves changing colors, there were a couple things that cause me to give it 4 stars. I would not recommend this trail unless you download the map!!!
DIRECTIONS: The directions will take you right to the beginning, Walk over the bridge and take the trail to the right, by the creek.
Almost the whole way up the trail if you come to a fork, go right. And you will come to a fork about every half mile so there are A LOT of them. I did pretty well following the map until about halfway up when you are supposed to cross the stream. This happens when you see a large open field with picnic tables and soccer net poles on the north side of the stream. There are a bunch of picnic tables on the way up, but this is a big, wide open area. Cross here and continue up the trail. You will then come to fork at the base of the mountain, go to the left. This climb right here is where all the elevation kicks in. The views at the top weren't spectacular, but they were pretty. The way back down takes forever with lots of switchbacks.
Wasn't my favorite hike, but the changing leaves made it beautiful and I only saw 3 people on the whole 7 miles so that was a plus. Lots of horse poop on the last 1/2 mile though.

This was a really wonderful hike nice gradual relatively smooth track. I was glad for my downloaded map because there are a maze of trails in the area and would have gotten lost for sure, as it was I got off track a couple of times and needed to backtrack. There was a lot more cover and shade than I was expecting on the trail on the south of the stream. I will repeat this in the fall for the colors of the oaks and maples.

Awesome as always 4 th straight week on this trail, it never gets old.

Love this trail for running. A little tricky the first time or two because the trails aren't marked and there are a ton of forks. Lots of deer. Not too crowded on a Saturday morning.

This should be rated hard. Lots of inclines and then declines in and out of canyons. Got lost several times. Make sure to download map first. Saw a deer. Small babbling brook. Make sure you have sunscreen and water. Most of trail is in sun. The thistle was taller than me and full of yellow finches. It was best part of trail. There is a great summit view. You can see mountains all 4 sides. This trail features desert look.

Did this trail again this morning I took the entire loop and the left fork all the vertical on the left is in the first 3 miles. Whew! Still a great trail and those on horse back are very courteous!

Fun trail good inclines and wildlife! I had a Doe and dawn scare the $&@ out of me I'm glad no one saw that!

I got lost. How did I get lost?

Awesome

Nice easy up hill walk until about half a mile before the summit. Then it kicked our butts. Felt good! It's a beautiful view up top!

On the northern loop at the 2 mile marker the main trail proceeds at the opening of a wooden fence. I took a trail that crosses the creek. I assume this trail was much steeper than the main trail.

Seems easier than a moderate, but I also didn't do it all.

Great trail with a fair amongst my of shade. Steep climb nearing the summit with loose rocks, but most of the trail is moderate. We enjoyed starting to the right for maximum shade. We finished the loop in 2 hrs 25 min.

Fun challenging trail with multiple forks

This is a great hike. The view from the top is spectacular. I prefer hiking up on the north (right) trail since it is a little more shady and down the other more open side. I saw deer, butterflies, birds, lizards... and very few people. Great 2-21/2 hour experience.

beautiful hike and it splits off into many other trails. I went up to an antenna about 8300ft. The mountains behind it continue to go up over 10k but are still covered in snow.

Yellow Fork Canyon has several trails. Dog friendly, bike friendly, horse friendly, and hiker friendly IF it is not a crowded day. Today we took the hike ascending from the metal bridge and followed the ridgeline a good way. It may be steep for some but there was only a couple other hikers on the trail. The views are beautiful. It is sun exposed and can be hot as the temperature rises. From the higher elevation there are trails leading back into the canyon that lead you to the creek and offer some shade.