Wrangler Trail East Loop is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sandy, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

Dimple Dell Park offers a variety of hiking trails through more than 600 acres of serene, natural landscape in the heart of a bustling urban area. The park has a vast network of trails open to hiking, biking, and horseback riding. The flexibility of route options make Dimple Dell a perfect choice for beginners and for those wanting to ease into longer, more difficult hikes. The trails at Dimple Dell are generally well maintained and are suitable for hikers of all abilities.

The trail itself is very beautiful. There is frequent shade and plenty of foliage, the incline isn’t steep, and it wasn’t very crowded. It’s virtually all sand, and because it’s a horse trail there’s plenty of horse droppings in various stages of decomposition all over the trail, so we didn’t complete the whole trail because my 8-year-old son was too grossed out. There are several trails all parallel to each other at this site, and none of them are really marked so you either have to use GPS or make your best guess that you’re on the trail you actually wanted to be on. On the way back we somehow ended up on a narrow, fairly steep trail instead of on the gently incline we came down. I don’t think we’ll be doing this one again.

good beginners conditioning ride, a little bit of down hill, also good for beginners, fun ride along the stream and through it a couple times, which my 12 year old enjoyed.

I took my dog with me and he got his paw hurt bc of the pieces of mulched wood on the ground and he had to be carried I didn’t love this hike there wasn’t many trees around

I went a bit later in the evening around 8:00p during the week. Somewhat creepy only because it’s a secluded, quiet, brushy area and the sun was going down. The water crossings makes it a bit difficult to trail run. The trail consisted of wood chips, some sand, some rocks, some paved areas.
Once you’re down into the park, there are no trail signs etc. I only ended up running for a little over a mile before I psyched myself out. Would be a nice trail during the day, shady.

From a mountain biking perspective, this trail was pretty poor. The trail down by the creek bed wasn't bad, but was un-rideable due to the constant water crossings. The trail up from the creek reeked of horse manure and was nothing but sand

its nice and relaxing for me and my 6 yr old son.and friends.it depends on your mood if you want a challenge or work out.either way your moving and losing some calories.you can go down by the dry river and hike up to the trails.

Saturday, September 09, 2017

As a larger guy and a newb to hiking, I thoroughly enjoyed this trail. There's enough hills to get the heart pumping and equally enough flat spots so you don't feel the need to quit moving. There was a decent amount of droppings from horses and dogs, but it wasn't so bad that you didn't have the majority of the trail available to walk on.

Friday, September 01, 2017

worst. hike.ever. Unless of course you love horse and dog s***. The "hike" is the back of people's homes. So scenic lol. I left and went on a real hike.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

I live 2 blocks from the trailhead, so this is my go-to for keeping myself in shape and heat conditioning myself (I'm the crazy person who starts at 1pm when it's hottest). I'm on this trail at least twice a week when I'm not traveling for work. When I have time, I make it a bit more interesting by zig-zagging back and forth between the upper and lower trails, taking all the small connection trails back and forth. I have turned this 6-mile hike into 8 miles many times by doing that.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Took this loop for the first time and boy was it a treat! I loved having a trail that is "easy" not too steep, etc. but still pushes me because of the distance, etc. The one section of the river bed that you had to cross was dried up so it was just rocks, and there were a number or horses but the trail is wide enough you feel safe and nobody is in each other's way. Definitely doing this one again.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

The trail is mostly wood chips and sun-exposed which was fine. My gripe was the horse and dog poo along with a dozen side trails that made me had to keep checking my GPS to make sure I was on a legitimate trail. Bathrooms at the TH. One water crossing (take off your shoes) and one bridged water crossing.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

We ran it, it was a nice run not too far from the city!

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

More of a walk, tons of horses and kids out. Dog friendly.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

great trail for people in the sandy area wanting a quick break from the city

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

My pup and I had the place to ourself. I love winter hiking.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

there's a ton of horse pooh, and the vegetation looked dead. It was a good hike in all.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Easy. Surrounded by houses. In the middle of Sandy. Take sunblock. Its OK.

Monday, October 03, 2016

Hiked a portion of this trail from the Centennial Loop Trail Junction north to the the Junction with the North Rim Trail.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

A nice, easy trail with sparse shade on the second half. It is a little urban for my taste, as much of the path runs right alongside homes. The path is clearly marked with plenty of smaller offshoots from the main trail. If you normally hike in Chacos or sandals, I suggest different footwear for this hike. The mulch and pebble path makes for a lot of debris in your footbed. Overall, a pleasant and easy day hike.

Monday, August 29, 2016

I came to the trail to do some trail running. Definitely didn't like running in all the mulch. Better suited my taste for walking.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

fun run

Monday, May 23, 2016

This was an easy but very beautiful hike.
I did the full hike 9km.
I will be back to do it again.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

This is an easy, but beautiful hike. We only did about half because the dogs were tired from their initial excitement and enthusiasm. We'll go back next weekend and finish it.

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Nice loop hike. really easy except for steep climb on the upper half if you go counterclockwise

Monday, May 02, 2016

Not much of a hike more of a walk but very pretty!

Friday, April 22, 2016

Walked this trail with my toddler in my pack today. It was disappointing due to all the graffiti! However, I would love to go back on my bike!

Thursday, April 14, 2016

I walk this trail 3-4 times a week. Great way to get milage in when you can't in the canyons

Monday, March 28, 2016

I love it. Even though it says it's easy it's a great workout. My dogs where out by the end of it. Good for kids to we took 4 and they loved it as well. I would definitely recommend

Sunday, October 11, 2015

I like this walk its really pretty. Its a nice way to feel like you are in the middle of nature however, the downfall is that you can hear the traffic and you know that you have not really escaped the city.

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Great run and beautiful trail. Still a little muddy