Wrangler Trail East Loop

Wrangler Trail East Loop is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sandy, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Dimple Dell Park offers a variety of hiking trails through more than 600 acres of serene, natural landscape in the heart of a bustling urban area. The park has a vast network of trails open to hiking, biking, and horseback riding. The flexibility of route options make Dimple Dell a perfect choice for beginners and for those wanting to ease into longer, more difficult hikes. The trails at Dimple Dell are generally well maintained and are suitable for hikers of all abilities. http://slco.org/recreation/parks/pdf/trailsMapDD.pdf

The trail is mostly wood chips and sun-exposed which was fine. My gripe was the horse and dog poo along with a dozen side trails that made me had to keep checking my GPS to make sure I was on a legitimate trail. Bathrooms at the TH. One water crossing (take off your shoes) and one bridged water crossing.

We ran it, it was a nice run not too far from the city!

More of a walk, tons of horses and kids out. Dog friendly.

great trail for people in the sandy area wanting a quick break from the city

My pup and I had the place to ourself. I love winter hiking.

there's a ton of horse pooh, and the vegetation looked dead. It was a good hike in all.

Easy. Surrounded by houses. In the middle of Sandy. Take sunblock. Its OK.

Hiked a portion of this trail from the Centennial Loop Trail Junction north to the the Junction with the North Rim Trail.

A nice, easy trail with sparse shade on the second half. It is a little urban for my taste, as much of the path runs right alongside homes. The path is clearly marked with plenty of smaller offshoots from the main trail. If you normally hike in Chacos or sandals, I suggest different footwear for this hike. The mulch and pebble path makes for a lot of debris in your footbed. Overall, a pleasant and easy day hike.

I came to the trail to do some trail running. Definitely didn't like running in all the mulch. Better suited my taste for walking.

fun run

Monday, May 23, 2016

This was an easy but very beautiful hike.
I did the full hike 9km.
I will be back to do it again.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

This is an easy, but beautiful hike. We only did about half because the dogs were tired from their initial excitement and enthusiasm. We'll go back next weekend and finish it.

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Nice loop hike. really easy except for steep climb on the upper half if you go counterclockwise

Wednesday, May 04, 2016