Learn more

Wire Mesa is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rockville, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September.

Distance: 6.8 miles Elevation Gain: 524 feet Route Type: Loop

Great trail - both for mountain biking and hiking. Hiked it with 4 children aged between 8 and 11. Description says 6.8, map ended up showing 7.7 miles. Bring lots of water, terrain is not overly challenging, views are amazing. We did not run into a single other person during our 4.5 hour hike.

Relatively easy, some rocky technical sections. Views for days!

Fantastic intermediate trail with a few technical slick rock sections that provide someone like me who’s a relatively inexperienced as a mountain biker a chance to practice skills. Gentle up and down, but with the summer heat it is still a workout if you push it. We did it in about 70 minutes.

Great views and not many other hikers but a good amount of mountain bikers. The hike was a little long since the views and elevation were pretty much the same the whole time, but they were obviously beautiful so I can’t complain!

We came in through apple valley and out through Rockville. You can get right to the trail head in any vehicle coming through apple valley - you will most definitely need 4 wheel drive if you come from Rockville. Super fun trail with amazing views. I would call myself beginner/intermediate and my husband is more advanced, we both really enjoyed it. A few technical parts, but nothing extremely nerve wracking. Can’t wait to go back!

Loved this trail and the view! The only tricky part was getting to it, I came from the Rockville side and had to bike an extra 1.5 miles from the furthest my car could go to the trail head. Trail offers alternative paths around the more technical parts, which is nice.

This trail was so fun! As an intermediate rider, it was a fun challenge at spots because if you start going clockwise, you get some tricky ascents coming back. Great trail! Took us about 1.5 hours to do it.

Very easy path to follow which is such a relief for a runner that just wants to zone out. White paint to guide you but they're not needed. It is well paved. About half of the trail is pretty rocky but I enjoy the undulation, scrambling, and ups and downs to make my run more challenging and interesting. Beautiful views of Smithsonian butte. Most of the path is enclosed but when it opens up, oh it's a treat. Beautiful cactus bushes all around. One of my favorite paths to run in the area! I will absolutely revisit

I'm a intermediate rider and thought this trail was perfect. It was a little techie and I had to walk a few spots. Not any hard climbing. The views were fantastic!!

We decided to do this trail on the last day of our trip since it looked relatively mild and it was near where we were staying in Apple Valley. Although this is designed as a mountain bike trail primarily, it was still a nice hike. The trail was very well maintained and there were many viewpoints along the trail to look over the valley and into the beautiful canyons. I only rated it 4 stars since from a hiking perspective the trail does pointless meandering. I think this would be a 5 star mountain bike trail. But as a hiker, we like having more of a goal. Still a nice hike regardless.

Sat May 04 2019

Beautiful scenery, decent shade on large part of trail. 1/3 of trail is technical rock climbs/descents. Be prepared to walk these if you aren’t comfortable scaling boulders in the granny gears. Trail condition was dry and well kept. Clear markings on trail. Follow white paint dots on rocks.

Wed Apr 24 2019

Mostly mountain bikers on this trail but great for hiking. Moderately easy. Gentle slopes over desert sand and rock. Beautiful views of Zions and surrounding areas from bluff.

Sun Oct 28 2018

Trail ran this trail, beautiful views all around.

Sat Jul 14 2018

Sat Jul 07 2018

Excellent views. A rare 5-star trail

Mon May 21 2018

First time riding this trail it’s fun with beautiful views! Will go back for sure

Sun Apr 08 2018

Loved this trail. Second fave after guacamole. About the same difficulty for me as guacamole. Easier than gooseberry. Trail was easy to follow. Was recommended to ride trail clockwise which after ride was done I agree with. Trail starts at top of parking lot. Trailhead was on a dirt road about 4 miles off highway. Some flowy, some technical rock. All fun. Gorgeous views.

Wed Apr 04 2018

Hard rocks

Mon Jan 08 2018

Amazing views of all sides of the Mesa. Juniper trees grace the trail and give off a wonderful scent. This is a great trail in the cooler months.

1 hour ago