Wind Cave Trail is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Wind Cave Trail is an easy to moderate canyon hike with stunning views of the unique rock formations. Though the trail is on the easy side, there may be a few challenges along the way. There are a few steep spots. Please note that trail conditions are also dependent on weather conditions. You may come across mud or snow along the way.

5 stars, this trail was breathtaking. Fall colors were glorious and getting to the caves at sunset with no other people there, to die for. Amazing. Will do again.

I've wanted to do this one for a while, and finally made it up today with a few friends. The trail is relatively steep, but well marked. I really enjoyed the hike; one of the best in northern Utah in my opinion. A brisk fall day might have contributed to how much I enjoyed it, because we had the cave all to ourselves.

Fun, easy hike. Took me 45 minutes to reach the cave. October 6,2018. Not too difficult, beautiful weather.

Great quick hike. Beautiful views.

Beautiful hike! Nice breeze and sounds of birds the whole way. The colors of the leafs are so brilliant right now! The cave at the end is a treat! Highly recommend. Not too steep !

I went with three other friends early in the morning 9am this fall (totally recommend going in the fall). We stopped a lot for pictures and to catch our breath. (One has asthma). But we still made it up to the Caves in an hour and 45 mins. When we got there, the Caves were underneath so we climbed down to them and it was fantastic! We ate lunch there and it was wonderful weather, once in a while a big gust blows at you but not like you’re going to be pushed around. As a group, we went around the cave to find another one next to it. Be careful, even with good shoes it’s very slippery (dry). We decided to go down what looked like a trial and it lead us back to the original trail. Warning, about 2/3 there’s a fork in the trail. Left side is a very steep cliff that’s about a 9ft drop. It’s manageable if you have people around you. The right also has a small drop and it’s manageable for one person. Over all, the whole adventure took about 4 hours. I’d totally do this again(even going through the steep trail). Makes great memories with friends! Also, I’m not an experienced hiker. I’m mediocre at best. Have fun!

very cool and worth the effort

great views and great experience

Beautiful hike. Loved the caves, and view of the canyon. Didn’t love hearing the vehicles on the road for the first half mile up. Good climb up for sure but Kids did a great job, and so did we. Got started late on the hike so it was very hot with A lot of hikers. Would recommend starting early in the day and going in the fall for sure.

Fantastic hike to kill a few hours. Gorgeous views of Logan Canyon with a really fun cave at the end. If you are lucky enough to be there in early autumn when the leaves have changed it is truly breathtaking. It's a very popular hike, so if solitude is what you're after this is not the place to find it. Unfortunately, some idiots have graffitied numerous spots on the trail which detracts from the beauty. Please be respectful of nature and other hikers by leaving your ridiculous love declarations and hashtags where they belong. Hint: Not here.

Fun, quick hike for an afternoon or evening that will get the blood pumping and the sweat dripping! Great hike for the whole fam!

Definitely a strenuous hike for unconditioned bodies! Well trafficked area with lots of people on the trail. Dogs allowed which is nice. Available parking close to entrance during the week. Lots of kids. Good warm up hike for the newly adventurous.

Our family has completed this hike three times now, most recently was September 2017. Our 9, 8 and 6 year-olds did well. Our 4-year-old had to be carried quite a bit. We took our time to enjoy the views etc. This hike is best enjoyed in fall, imho. The top does make me a little nervous with the children.

Hiked this trail again on Wednesday for probably my 25th time. I’ve lost count. Had a great time. It’s dry, bit we saw a few people we knew also out enjoying this trail. Great for kids 10 and older because the caves at the end have drop offs that little ones might be a little scared of.

You get a great view of the China Wall portion of the Crimson Trail on the other side of Logan Canyon.

Worth it every time and would definitely recommend this trail if you are in the area and want a good hike that will take about 4 total hours from downtown to the top and back to downtown.

beautiful

A definite uphill battle to get there, but it had its gorgeous spots, especially the caves. My 4 year old had a tough time and had to be carried.

So . . . cave is a understatement more like wind blown hole in the side of a mountain. It is a steep trail. Also this is the only trail I have ever got a tick on. Lower ankle (lucky) stuck in hair.

This is a great hike for the family. Not too difficult and some cool caves at the end.

Great trail but it's pretty difficult! it's totally worth the challenge!

Beautiful views at the top.

Great hike to bring the kids on. Make sure to bring plenty of water and sunscreen as much of the trail is not shaded.

This is a fine hike. Not hard, small incline and your at a few formed arches and caves. I can see some marking this as a 5 star, then coming back and making it a 2 or 3 as they experience better hikes. A lot of locals seem to do this as it is easy and popular.

Beautiful views and worth doing in different seasons.

Great hike for the family. My four year old little girl was able to make it to the caves so that might give you an idea of the difficulty.

This hike is pretty steep in a lot of places so it's harder on the knees. There isn't a lot of shade. I feel like there are way better hikes up the Logan Canyon.

Great view for a slightly under moderate hike.

Beautiful trail...great views...enjoyed this nice break from our drive from Montana to Moab.

It's a hot hike. take water, keep and eye on the kids. Beautiful though

Great trail and the view is worth the hike. I took my 9year old boys & they had a great time. I was a little nervous at the top because it has a sharp cliff in the caves. Just watch your kids carefully at the top!

It is easy hike if you are hiking every week. No sport shoes please take your hiking shoes or boots. It is hot between 12pm and 5pm during summer months.