Wind Cave Trail

Wind Cave Trail is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Great day hike, bad for camping. This will give you a work out, and often you have to walk in the water in the first 10 minutes.

While the elevation is a lot, the grade I felt wasn't as steep as some of the trails we have done near Salt Lake City. It seemed to be more gradual... I enjoyed this hike and would do it again! We went on a Saturday afternoon, Jan 13.. temperatures were in the 40s... the trail was moderately crowded.. we saw about 6 other parties going up and down. The trail was muddy, slushy, icy and slippery in places, so our microspikes did come in handy! We heard there are often rattlesnakes spotted on this trail, though we did not see any. I don't know if they tend to come out more in the summer....

Note: our stats were 4.4 miles, 1,280 ft elevation. This is in comparison to the alltrails stats of 3.5 miles, 1,000 ft elevation.

Steep

Hiked it today little bit of snow/ice on trail. No problem with trackes. Nice hike moderately steep.

Did this hike on the drive from Salt Lake to Jackson. Well worth the stop! Pretty cool cave to check out at the top.

Fall colors are awesome right now!

Awesome spot! Gotta put in the work for that awesome view, by it's totally worth it.

Great view. Very popular lots of college students

Definitely a work out in the first 2 miles. I unfortunately had to turn back because my dog got too tired. However, it was a well kept trail with a decent but not over-abundant amount of traffic.

Did this hike in the winter, an amazing view

Worth the climb

A lot steeper then our normal hikes. My 7 yr old only made it with a lot of stops and a lot of encouragement. Teenagers made the t with no problem. Great view from the caves.

good trail.

Went for class. It was a blast. But it was steep. That's the hardest part. I took a lot of breaks along the way. It took me two hours to get up there and one hour to go down. But when you get to the caves it's worth it!

I would rate this trail at the low end of moderate. The caves were interesting. If you are looking for a pretty hike with shade this is not for you!

me and my little dog did the trail it took us a while but I am an extremely heavy woman. but we did it it was absolutely breathtaking

Amazing!!! Loved the whole thing! View at the top is spectacular! ❤️

This northeasterner was a bit winded at the high elevation but so worth it.

We did this hike in late spring when there was still some snow on the ground. There were long switchbacks and it was slippery and narrow in a few places. The wind caves were breathtaking.

Fun summer hike, with some shade. Our active kids 5 and 7 did great.