Wind Cave Trail

Wind Cave Trail is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Wind Cave Trail is an easy to moderate canyon hike with stunning views of the unique rock formations. Though the trail is on the easy side, there may be a few challenges along the way. There are a few steep spots. Please note that trail conditions are also dependent on weather conditions. You may come across mud or snow along the way.

This was a great hike with some cool caves at the end. We went about 6:00pm and there were quite a few people on the trail. The temperature was perfect though. It was a very well maintained trail and not too steep.

This hike is pretty steep in a lot of places so it's harder on the knees. There isn't a lot of shade. I feel like there are way better hikes up the Logan Canyon.

Great view for a slightly under moderate hike.

Beautiful trail...great views...enjoyed this nice break from our drive from Montana to Moab.

It's a hot hike. take water, keep and eye on the kids. Beautiful though

Great trail and the view is worth the hike. I took my 9year old boys & they had a great time. I was a little nervous at the top because it has a sharp cliff in the caves. Just watch your kids carefully at the top!

It is easy hike if you are hiking every week. No sport shoes please take your hiking shoes or boots. It is hot between 12pm and 5pm during summer months.

Loved this hike! We went in the late afternoon to evening and it was really nice.. not too hot and good shade areas. The cave at the end was awesome so bring cameras.

Went barefoot, it hurt. But well worth it...I think

Absolutely beautiful end. Worth every step.

Beautiful hike. Saw a baby rattlesnake on the trail, so keep watch. Didn't seem too far to the top and the views were excellent from the top and also along the switchbacks during the ascent. Would definitely do this one again.

The views were beautiful the whole way and the cave at the end was fantastic! Watch out for snakes though!

A good hike for most age groups. I frequently see young children on the trail as well as elderly couples. Take your time and enjoy the sights! Beautiful ending with the wind cave.

This is one of the best Logan hikes. Although every time I hike it, it doesn't feel worth it until near the end. Great views. Should be called wind arch trail. Can be busy. Best times to hike are early summer and when the fall colors are prime.

This hike kicked my butt (I’m not an active hiker) but it was well worth it. The view is absolutely beautiful!

Is very scenic and awesome to climb with friends ...but climb with caution , very steep hill sides

Did not have to walk in the water in the first 10 minutes.
No snow on 4/20/18, a slight breeze, very pleasant weather! I suggest you start at least mid day, that way the wind cave wont be in the shadow of the hill its on. Better lighting for better pictures. This is a unique, natural formation; it is a nice reward for the hike.
This is very doable, don't let the elevation gain per mile scare you off. We saw parents with kids and a dog, old people trail running, and some parents packing a baby up. This is great for anyone. If I lived in Logan, I would be here quite a bit.

Beautiful hike and the caves are amazing. So cool with great views.

Written from inside the cave.

Up here in the wind caves, if you sit inside, it's like you’re sitting in a big ear. You sit and listen with more power than normal human hearing because the rock interior gathers a large quantity of sound and funnels it down toward you.You hear the hum of the valley. Mostly the hum of humans. An airplane up overhead, a semi truck on the highway far below. But overall the sound that you hear is the wind... and the water; the forces that created these strange rock formations and this valley. You’re reminded that while humans are a force, nature is a much more powerful force. Out here you feel like just another living thing among the living things. You feel small.Your wants and worries feel insignificant. All you need is food, water, and shelter. You don’t hear people clamoring for an iPhone X or a new pair of Jordans. You don’t hear people moving to an affluent neighborhood or networking. You don't hear the "ding!" of a notification on your phone. You don’t hear people stunting on one another. A mountain lion could remove you from this life in the next twenty minutes. You’re listening for his silent footsteps through the brush. There isn’t time to dwell on much of anything. There’s only time to feel the rawness and realness of being just a human.

What a great hike! Beautiful scenery all around.

Good hike, but not really too pretty. I’m sure in the fall it would be more beautiful.

Good leg burner to start the Spring with.

Hiked this on the morning of March 3 after a decent snow shower the night before. My husband and I had microspikes but you could probably make it up with just decent hiking shoes. The sky threatened more snow, but the dry weather held out.

Very pretty! This hike will get you breathing, but it’s not hard. Mostly dry, but there was a bit of mud towards the top. The cave itself kind of freaked me out with how slanted it was.

My Strava recording said it was 4.0 miles, 1204 elevation and it took 1 hour 23 mins.

We hiked this trail the other day. It was beautiful, especially in this unusually warm weather we’ve been having. Very little mud. Definitely worth it. We took our roommates’ pup and he had a blast!

Very pretty cave. Somewhat steep but not hard.

Not too difficult, I’d say it’s somewhere between easy and moderate if you’re in decent shape. Much more pleasant in winter vs scorching summer heat. The trail is muddy right now but I was just fine in my hiking boots! Nice short jaunt with awesome views of the Canyon!

I liked the hike and the views... the "lunch cave" was warm and had a great view. The trail was busy and full of mud, slush, packed ice and snow. I'm way out of shape and it took me longer than most up and down but I enjoyed it. Thought it was only 3.5 miles round trip... I was fooled! I seemed to be the only one falling. I'd still do it again only in dryer conditions... or more frozen.

While the elevation is a lot, the grade I felt wasn't as steep as some of the trails we have done near Salt Lake City. It seemed to be more gradual... I enjoyed this hike and would do it again! We went on a Saturday afternoon, Jan 13.. temperatures were in the 40s... the trail was moderately crowded.. we saw about 6 other parties going up and down. The trail was muddy, slushy, icy and slippery in places, so our microspikes did come in handy! We heard there are often rattlesnakes spotted on this trail, though we did not see any. I don't know if they tend to come out more in the summer....

Note: our stats were 4.4 miles, 1,280 ft elevation. This is in comparison to the alltrails stats of 3.5 miles, 1,000 ft elevation.

Steep