Wind Cave Trail

Wind Cave Trail is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Wind Cave Trail is an easy to moderate canyon hike with stunning views of the unique rock formations. Though the trail is on the easy side, there may be a few challenges along the way. There are a few steep spots. Please note that trail conditions are also dependent on weather conditions. You may come across mud or snow along the way.

Definitely a strenuous hike for unconditioned bodies! Well trafficked area with lots of people on the trail. Dogs allowed which is nice. Available parking close to entrance during the week. Lots of kids. Good warm up hike for the newly adventurous.

Our family has completed this hike three times now, most recently was September 2017. Our 9, 8 and 6 year-olds did well. Our 4-year-old had to be carried quite a bit. We took our time to enjoy the views etc. This hike is best enjoyed in fall, imho. The top does make me a little nervous with the children.

Hiked this trail again on Wednesday for probably my 25th time. I’ve lost count. Had a great time. It’s dry, bit we saw a few people we knew also out enjoying this trail. Great for kids 10 and older because the caves at the end have drop offs that little ones might be a little scared of.

You get a great view of the China Wall portion of the Crimson Trail on the other side of Logan Canyon.

Worth it every time and would definitely recommend this trail if you are in the area and want a good hike that will take about 4 total hours from downtown to the top and back to downtown.

beautiful

A definite uphill battle to get there, but it had its gorgeous spots, especially the caves. My 4 year old had a tough time and had to be carried.

So . . . cave is a understatement more like wind blown hole in the side of a mountain. It is a steep trail. Also this is the only trail I have ever got a tick on. Lower ankle (lucky) stuck in hair.

This is a great hike for the family. Not too difficult and some cool caves at the end.

Great trail but it's pretty difficult! it's totally worth the challenge!

Beautiful views at the top.

Great hike to bring the kids on. Make sure to bring plenty of water and sunscreen as much of the trail is not shaded.

This is a fine hike. Not hard, small incline and your at a few formed arches and caves. I can see some marking this as a 5 star, then coming back and making it a 2 or 3 as they experience better hikes. A lot of locals seem to do this as it is easy and popular.

Beautiful views and worth doing in different seasons.

Great hike for the family. My four year old little girl was able to make it to the caves so that might give you an idea of the difficulty.

This hike is pretty steep in a lot of places so it's harder on the knees. There isn't a lot of shade. I feel like there are way better hikes up the Logan Canyon.

Great view for a slightly under moderate hike.

Beautiful trail...great views...enjoyed this nice break from our drive from Montana to Moab.

It's a hot hike. take water, keep and eye on the kids. Beautiful though

Great trail and the view is worth the hike. I took my 9year old boys & they had a great time. I was a little nervous at the top because it has a sharp cliff in the caves. Just watch your kids carefully at the top!

It is easy hike if you are hiking every week. No sport shoes please take your hiking shoes or boots. It is hot between 12pm and 5pm during summer months.

Loved this hike! We went in the late afternoon to evening and it was really nice.. not too hot and good shade areas. The cave at the end was awesome so bring cameras.

Went barefoot, it hurt. But well worth it...I think

Absolutely beautiful end. Worth every step.

Beautiful hike. Saw a baby rattlesnake on the trail, so keep watch. Didn't seem too far to the top and the views were excellent from the top and also along the switchbacks during the ascent. Would definitely do this one again.

The views were beautiful the whole way and the cave at the end was fantastic! Watch out for snakes though!

A good hike for most age groups. I frequently see young children on the trail as well as elderly couples. Take your time and enjoy the sights! Beautiful ending with the wind cave.

This is one of the best Logan hikes. Although every time I hike it, it doesn't feel worth it until near the end. Great views. Should be called wind arch trail. Can be busy. Best times to hike are early summer and when the fall colors are prime.

This hike kicked my butt (I’m not an active hiker) but it was well worth it. The view is absolutely beautiful!

Is very scenic and awesome to climb with friends ...but climb with caution , very steep hill sides

Did not have to walk in the water in the first 10 minutes.
No snow on 4/20/18, a slight breeze, very pleasant weather! I suggest you start at least mid day, that way the wind cave wont be in the shadow of the hill its on. Better lighting for better pictures. This is a unique, natural formation; it is a nice reward for the hike.
This is very doable, don't let the elevation gain per mile scare you off. We saw parents with kids and a dog, old people trail running, and some parents packing a baby up. This is great for anyone. If I lived in Logan, I would be here quite a bit.

Beautiful hike and the caves are amazing. So cool with great views.