Willow Heights Trail

Willow Heights Trail is a 2.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 629 feet Route Type: Loop

Note: Because this trail lies within a protected watershed, dogs and swimming are not permitted in the area. This gorgeous trail is rated as easy to moderate. The first 1/4 mile has a steep incline, but the rest of the trail levels out.

17 minutes ago

Beautiful trail. It is a pretty steep trail almost all of the way up, but it’s worth it. The trail is well packed and great for snowshoeing

Super fun little Trail to hit in the snow. Really pretty after getting some deep powder in the area.

It was as my first time snow shoeing and this trail was great. We had kids with us. The trail was clearly marked with a packed trail. The first part is pretty brutal but we just took it slow. We saw 6 or 7 other groups of people on the trail. Enough to know ur on the right trail but still felt like We were in the wilderness. It took us about 1 1/2 hrs to do the loop. I’m It was beautiful. We will Definitely do it again!

I wouldn’t have found the trailhead if it wasn’t for a car parked across the street from it. It was the longest short hike I’ve ever done, trudging and sweating all the way up and scrambling and falling all the way down. Even following someone’s footsteps 1 to 2 feet deep on the trail was hard. I expected a beautiful, Harry Potter movie-esque frozen lake with a clear surface but there was only snow. Wouldn’t have noticed if not for AllTrails keeping me on track. A nice man on skis made sure I was alright and took a picture for me near the lake (looked like a snowy field). On the way down the sun started setting and yeah, all I could think about was putting my foot down on something that wouldn’t give way an unpredictable amount each step. Fell over a log too, to add to the experience. I’m from California. I’m used to miles of dirt and dust. This was hard because I had regular street boots. Got soaked from the thighs down, drying off in my car now. Would try again in summer.

Great snowshoeing

Quick hike with a lake in a meadow. Beautiful! Zero foot traffic today!

icy

Great short hike with no foot traffic.

icy

love this trail. Not a Moose in site, Carl the Bull Moose usually says hello from a distance. With the mud and ice it took a little longer than usual.

icy

great trail. great incline. It was a little slippery today with the snow melting so it was muddy but all in all it was awesome.

icy

Snow starts at the .5 mile mark but is still doable without spikes. Probably need them going forward though..

Unfortunately all of the aspens are already brown, so not the fall hike I was hoping for. Still a great trail!

this is the trail I learned how to hike on. I have a great love for this trail.