Willow Heights Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This gorgeous trail is rated as easy to moderate. The first 1/4 mile has a steep incline, but the rest of the trail levels out.

I brought two 11 year olds and an 8 year old. The trail got a little bit muddy as it got warmer. Overall, it was really fun and beautiful.

November 10,2018

Good casual hike. Negligible snow. Minimal ice and mud. Lake was frozen over but not enough to walk on.

This is a great hike for beginners or those looking for a short but scenic hike. The majority of the trail is through beautiful aspens and there are great views of the mountains on the opposite side of the canyon. Parking is easy and safe due to the long, wide shoulder. As of 10/27/18 all of the leaves have fallen, there are patches of snow, and the lake is low.

Very beautiful. We saw two moose, ducks, and a woodpecker. Definitely steep for the first half.

Lol... this one is steeper than some rated hard on here. It’s just short. I’d say this is moderate, because of the steep part. It’s really not hard, but still a lot steeper than some others rated lower. Decent view.

Incredible hike through a wonderful Aspen forest. The lake is worth the hike. So peaceful. We talked with a local or two who said that this is a great place to spot moose. Sadly we didn’t see any. We did the hike with a 7 year old and were from Louisiana. Great hike for beginners. When you get to the Y in the trail the left path is a bit easier terrain.

Loved this hike fall colors were great there was
a lot of moose activity
I think the AllTrails description of
“lightly trafficked “ is off I would call it moderate to heavy and it was a Monday night when I went I can’t imagine what it looks like on the weekend.
I will be back love this area

Really loved this hike! The aspens are so beautiful in their fall colors. Leaves have fallen onto the evergreens, making them look like Christmas trees with gold lights. Then at the lake we saw two moose! A word of caution...the trail is not marked once you go up. If you aren't careful coming down you could end up away from your car. Look for a fork to the left to go back down to the Willow Heights trailhead.

Nice short trail, great for trail running!

Hike was great. It’s pretty short (I did not think it was steep as other reviews were) and my kids did great! Probably took 30-40 min with many stops for breaks to get up. Very pretty this time of year

Enjoyable family adventure! Would’ve loved to have come across some wildlife. No moose sighting! Beautiful fall colors. Bit of a climb going in, and the 3 year old had a great time sliding his way back out. We recommend!

Very nice short hike.

Really nice, quick hike to a lake. Beautiful fall colors and saw two moose.

Awesome trail. It levels out after about 20 minutes. Lots of shade for the majority of it. Opens up to a beautiful field with trees if you want to hammock. Ducks at the lake are super friendly

Love the trail. Steep at first but worth the climb. Smithing special about hiking through aspen forests. Ducks are very friendly at the lake. Only reason for the 4 rating is because it’s a busy trail.

Really pretty and good trail

Pretty hike through aspen trees. The beginning is pretty steep, but the hike is so short it's really no big deal. The lake is pretty and if you sit there quietly you will see Moose! We saw 5!

Easy, scenic hike. First things first, parking is along the side of the road, but it’s easy to miss if you don’t know where it is. Although it’s a quick hike up, it’s really steep. Basically no switch backs and just straight up. Even so, only takes around 20 minutes. Once you get to the lake (which is small), the view is beautiful. Lots of aspens and a good view of Solitude. The ducks here are friendly, they swam right over to me, I assume because they expected food. I also saw 2 huge moose, and I went around 1. Good hike if you’re looking for something quick and scenic.

We took a 3 yr old and 5 yr old. They could make it. The three yr old needed some help getting up the steep trail if you stay right going up from the trail head. We came down the other path that ends up in the houses and it seemed easier. Not many people and we saw 5 moose, deer and ducks. We went at about 5pm and came back down with very little light so we caught all the animals coming down for water. It was amazing!

Nice hike through aspen groves to a small lake. Some moderate but not too difficult inclines that our 5 & 7 year-olds were able to handle fine. Trail head was easy to find and follow.

Nice & easy

Thought it was really pretty with all the aspens. Make sure you take the time to pause and look around from time to time, you may be surprised what you see.
Looking forward to experiencing this trail in the other seasons as well.

Beautiful day, nice shady hike through aspen trees. Unfortunately no moose, but our kids loved the friendly ducks who are obviously used to being fed. Fairly steep at first, but flattens out for a nice walk around the lake.

Great hike. The trail can be a little confusing but you should not get lost. We saw a moose.

Delightful hike through the aspen trees.

Nice little hike. There are more wildflowers and clearer lakes on the south side of the canyon, though.

Beautiful hike but the first 1/2 mike was all up hill. Saw a moose and a gopher snake.

We went up in a counterclockwise direction, going up the right fork (steeper side) and coming down the left. Somehow the alltrails gpx map (we did download it into gaia before going as the cell signal is weak here) doesn't show the last switchback on the left side of the trail (alltrails map doesn't show a true loop), and shows going over the river and going back down a part of the steep part. I'm a little surprised the alltrails map is not accurate as this trail is very well traveled. We got here at about 7am on a Sunday. There were several cars parked on the roadside, and several campers/hammock campers in the trail already. We rested at the top and enjoyed the scenery, so came down by 10am. The trail definitely got busy by this time.

Hiked solo and not enough people for me to feel safe. The hike was pretty but I started the loop around the lake to the right and was essentially walking in marsh land until I couldn’t find a defined trail anymore.

Went this morning. Climb was a incline for sure. No moose seen. Cool and crisp hike. Only saw 3 other groups.