Willow Heights Trail

Willow Heights Trail is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is best used from May until December.

It's a nice trail for a quick hike. Went on a Monday and there were plenty of others enjoying the trail. Nice fall colors and great views of the ski resorts. I would recommend for an easy hike.

Good climb for the first 0.5 miles then nice and flat around the lake. Collared female moose in the lake.

Had a great time up on the trail today. Many leaves have fallen, some mud along parts of the trail, and we saw a beautiful moose in the water. Some people were lounging in hammocks up near the water. Great idea! Many friendly faces along the trail. There was a bit of snow along the shady sections of the hillsides. We made a snowman! Trail is easy to follow. There is a section near the start of the trail that forks off and isn't marked. Luckily other hikers told us to go right up towards the steep section rather than go left.

Decent hike to see the Fall colors. I likely wouldn't hike it any other time of year. Super crowded, even at dusk on a Thursday. Took the extra steps up to Dry Lake, which was literally a dry lake this time of year. No moose for me on this one, only 2 whitetails. Easy hike. Very short.

Great trail with beautiful views! I saw two moose today... one by the lake and one by the trailhead. Both times I have been trail (on weekdays) there were a lot of people. From what I have seen, I would not call it lightly trafficked.

Lovely views of the mountains surrounding Big Cottonwood Canyon. The hike is straight up then level around the lake.

Super easy and quick, great reflections during golden hour.

This hike gets 5 stars because our primary goal was to see moose and we did! It is NOT a beginner trail, and folks who said little kids hiked it easily must be a family of hikers. It is steep, but not dangerous-climb up rocks steep. Once to the prairie and the lake it's pretty, but not that special when compared to magnificent vistas we see everywhere. We saw moose tracks along the way, and a moose with big antlers sunning by the lake (included in pics). For us, seeing the moose was worth it! We went at 10am on a weekday.