Willow Heights Trail

Willow Heights Trail is a 3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This gorgeous trail is rated as easy to moderate. The first 1/4 mile has a steep incline, but the rest of the trail levels out.

Great hike. The trail can be a little confusing but you should not get lost. We saw a moose.

Delightful hike through the aspen trees.

Nice little hike. There are more wildflowers and clearer lakes on the south side of the canyon, though.

Beautiful hike but the first 1/2 mike was all up hill. Saw a moose and a gopher snake.

We went up in a counterclockwise direction, going up the right fork (steeper side) and coming down the left. Somehow the alltrails gpx map (we did download it into gaia before going as the cell signal is weak here) doesn't show the last switchback on the left side of the trail (alltrails map doesn't show a true loop), and shows going over the river and going back down a part of the steep part. I'm a little surprised the alltrails map is not accurate as this trail is very well traveled. We got here at about 7am on a Sunday. There were several cars parked on the roadside, and several campers/hammock campers in the trail already. We rested at the top and enjoyed the scenery, so came down by 10am. The trail definitely got busy by this time.

Hiked solo and not enough people for me to feel safe. The hike was pretty but I started the loop around the lake to the right and was essentially walking in marsh land until I couldn’t find a defined trail anymore.

Went this morning. Climb was a incline for sure. No moose seen. Cool and crisp hike. Only saw 3 other groups.

Beautiful hike! The trail is surrounded by wildflowers! After a few minutes on the trail, there is a fork, we chose to take the trail on the LEFT. It was much easier, less of an incline than the right side - both trails meet at the lake.

Very peaceful hike with wonderful wild flowers and aspens. The lake had 3 families of ducks to watch. Short but good work out to lake is worth it.

Great hike! Saw moose and deer, beautiful wildflowers and lake. Great for beginners. Trailhead is about 200 meters east of AJ Motion Sports, on the left (marked by an engraved rock). We parked next to the road on the gravel. When you reach the first fork in the trail, the trail on the right is pretty steep and continues on a steep incline for about 10-15 minutes. It eventually levels out, but it was definitely a workout. On the way back, you've got to pay attention to the GPS or you will most definitely miss the trail back (which is an off-shoot of the main trail).

Great trail- ZERO trailhead markings. This app didn’t refresh right so we ended up on private property and had to walk up the road to get back to the car.

So pretty! We had a bunch of little kids with us and they did just fine. Tired at times and we had to carry the three year olds, but the others ranging from 5-10 did great. On the way down we forked to the right and ended up coming out into a cabin area and having to walk up the road to get to our cars.

The first 1/2 mile of the trail is very steep. I carry a couple of hiking poles and it helps me up these obstacles! You start with beautiful green bushes and wild flowers. You slowly immerse yourself in you aspen trees and it feels like you’re in a scary movie! Once you find yourself out of the woods, you get a breath of fresh air of just hills, mountains, and a gorgeous view! It’s so green! You’d think you’re in England seeing all of this! Walk a little further, cross a little stream, and BOOM! The lake just catches you by surprise! We were lucky enough to find ducks and their ducklings in their home. Of course these pictures don’t do any justice Ryan actually seeing this live. It’s a pretty easy hike if you go slow. It’s just the first part of the trail is pretty killer. There are people who camp at this area with their families so don’t expect peace and quiet at the lake.

Incredibly beautiful and majestic.

Such a fun hike! My friend and I had a blast on this trail and the scenery was amazing! We did have some trouble finding the trailhead as the directions I received were slightly different on my phone than my friend's phone. We decided to park near a couple other cars parked off to the side of the road and after walking down the road a bit, we found a rock trail marker about 20 feet up from the trail. We found this trailhead to be about 200 meters from AJ Motion Sports and its partner shops. Once on the trail we were grateful to have plenty of shade to block out the blazing 2 p.m. sun. We only saw one family coming down the trail when we were heading up and besides that we were the only ones there. There were many trails that forked off from each other but I think they all lead you to the lake. I would only suggest to always take the trail that leads up!

Beautiful wildflowers, streams and forestry make the hike enjoyable and the lake is fun. There were a few ducks we fed and sweet little side trails throughout. I loved It!

Awesome hike with my kids. Beautiful aspen woods, meadows of wildflowers, and we even sighted a moose right off the trail. A few annoying flies and mosquitoes, but insect repellent worked well. Very peaceful and tranquil up at the lake.
A few slippery sections, so make sure shoes with decent grip (especially for kids) are worn.

The first part was a lot steeper than I expected, even with the tips on these reviews. My 3 year old needed assistance.
The bugs were out in full force and we all got eaten, even with bug spray. The lake was pretty and the wildflowers were amazing, but not sure if I’ll do this one again until the seasons change and it’s a big cooler.

Still one of my favorites. Didn't see any moose this morning sadly. Lots of wildflowers and the trail has grown a lot since I was there a couple weeks ago.

This is kid friendly and my 4 year old just needed a little help making it on the steeper parts. The wildflowers are insane right now—so gorgeous!!

Super fun trail! Even saw a friendly moose.

First little bit would be considered steep/hard, but one past that, you are on a flat path until you reach the lake.
We hiked up to the trees and hung our hammocks and had a nice camp fire going.
There are a lot of mosquitoes that will bite!
We saw 3 moose right before sunset and it was awesome, but one of them was about 8-9 feet away.
Very nice and easy hike after all. We loved it

Awesome hike!! Easy enough for the little ones ranging from 3 (with a little help) -10 years.
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!

This easy to follow trail is good for the kids and a quick get away when time doesn’t allow for something longer. The flowers are in full bloom and the trees offer plenty of shade no matter what time of day you go. Be sure to carry plenty of bug spray as the flies are no respecter of sweaty flesh.

Nice hike...initial portion of trail requires some vertical climbing but levels out near the lake. Trust the app/GPS on some of the parts that are not well marked.

Great hike to do with large group of family. We had 12 people ages 4-57 hiking and everyone enjoyed it!

Gorgeous hike. When going up, the right fork is steep and rocky but a shorter ascent, and the left fork is more gradual. We did not see any wildlife but it might have been the wrong time of day for them (late afternoon). We came down a different way than we went up to get the full experience, but we ended up going to the wrong trailhead and had to walk back up the canyon road to get to our car, so that sucked. Apparently we missed the last creek crossing, which you'd think would have been obviously, but oh well. Still a beautiful hike.

This is a new favorite! Has everything you’d want on a short easy hike: lush underbrush, tons of wildflowers (at their peak right now), aspens, shaded, ends at a beautiful lake. We took the left fork and followed one moose part way up the trail and then saw three more by the lake. They are young and frisky right now so we kept our distance.

Easy hike, beautiful.

Perfect hike with kids. We ran into a few moose along the way and some were a little too close for comfort but beautiful nonetheless. This was our first time and I think we would have missed the trail at the end had someone not warned us on our way down. Great to be in these amazing mountains!