Willis Creek Narrows Trail

Willis Creek Narrows Trail is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Kanab, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Everything that is mentioned on AllTrails about this trail is accurate except the location that says Kodachrome Basin State Park! We drove all the way to the park and paid the entrance fee only to find out it is not there! Close though? Yes! The 6mile dirt road to the trail was so worth it, dont turn around!

Dirt road leading to the trail, glad we had 4 wheel drive. Nice slot canyon with a creek running through it. The creek was completely dry after the 1 mile mark or so. Definitely worth doing if you are in the area.

Clearly I'm the outlier here with my three stars, considering the reviews and the recommendations I received from two different park rangers to take this hike. Maybe I should have lowered my expectations. Maybe I should have paid more attention in geology class. Maybe I should admit I've become a dreaded hiking snob. Maybe I should have taken the creek all the way to the end -- but I didn't, having no desire to continue after halfway. I felt like it was just more of the same. I do think it's the perfect hike for a family (friendly brother-sister splashing included) and the creek/canyon provide some respite from the heat. Just not my jam, unfortunately.

The kids loved this trail! Wear your water shoes and they can splash in the creek the whole way.

Easy day hike with numerous shallow stream crossings. Out and back hike that only takes a few hours. Go as early as you can, it is cooler and less people.

super fun hike for the family but try to be done before 2pm. We started to fry.

Got more than I was expecting! Very nice and beautiful hike... My children loved it as well

This trail was great. Took lots of great pictures and enjoyed every minute. This is a very easy trail. I would call it a walk more than a hike. This was my first slot Canyon experience. I will be looking to do more in the future. I don't know if there is water in the creek all year or not, but if there is water I would recommend sturdy water shoe and just walk though the creek when needed. The dirt road out was in good shape and had some great views of the area. The road goes up and down some not like the flat desert road I thought we might have been on.

Lots of slots, running water, and a waterfall. Very nice hike. But lots of people. Dogs loved it.

This trail is great, my lab and I loved it. She got to ply in endless water and I got to look at the amazing scenery. I'd recommend going earlier in the day, it gets pretty hot with limited shade after about two in the afternoon. We went 2.9
Miles out on the trail and never found the end... no one we passed could find it either. However it's an easy trail and fun for the dogs. Be prepared to get your feet wet.

Words nor pictures can describe how beautiful this slot canyon is. Easy hike.

Really cool slots but VERY wet. Be prepared with sandals or water shoes.