Wild Rose Trail

Wild Rose Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near North Salt Lake, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Wild Rose Trail has three offerings from the trailhead located near North Salt Lake, Utah and is good for all skill levels. There is an easy 2 1/2 mile loop for hiking or riding. An easy 1 mile (each way) to lookout point. And, a moderate 2 1/2 mile trail that overlooks City Creek and Salt Lake.

This is not the sort of hike where you’ll see stunning mountain vistas, but for what it is - more of an urban hike- it’s lovely. It’s full exposure, so spring or fall is the perfect time for it. The view from sunset point is pretty incredible as you can see most of the Salt Lake valley, the Great Salt Lake, and into Davis and Weber Counties. This could not be more fitting for small children as the incline is gradual and only 2 miles to do the shortcut route. The trail is well marked and well-maintained. Would do this again for a short hike with great city views.

Such a stunning overlook towards Salt Lake and beautiful flowers along the path.

Great easy little trail. Well maintained & lots of signage. I wasn't expecting so much of the view to be of houses and a golf course, but the trailhead is at the top of a large subdivision.

Wow! The views on this trail are 5 Star views. The slippery snow on the trail and the few spots of mud made this hike SUPER hard for my 9 and 11 year old with special needs. And the effort I had to put in to ensure they didn’t fall made this one of the longest 1.7 miles of my life. My 15 year old flew over the same footing. But even with the slipping and sliding, we loved this hike. So beautiful! I can only imagine how pretty it would be at other times of the year.

I enjoyed the hike, easy but challenge enough for someone that is starting to hike. Beautiful view of the Valley and the mountains in the North East.. It was a little muddy but nothing really bad.

Really enjoyed the hike. Little mud but not too bad. Views were awesome.

Trail alternated between ice and mud (mostly ice) but that’s not the fault of the trail. I fell on my butt once and slipped a lot (poor choice of boots for winter conditions, my bad). Trail was easy enough and had a nice mix of scrub forest and salt lake valley views. There are a few lookout points with metal benches along the trail as well. I went on a Wednesday afternoon at about 2-3pm and there was nobody else, which was great for my first solo off leash dog hike. The trailhead has a parking lot, a small park with a pavilion a playground, and bathrooms. I’ll be back!

Nice and easy climb with some good views. Would recommend!

Great easy hike with amazing views. Lots of parking and dogs ok off leash. You can do the 2 mile Wild Rose loop or extend to 3 miles via the Chukara loop. Trails are well maintained and very well marked.

Great easy trail, great for kids (13, 9, 6). Easy to follow signs, cool playground and restrooms at the trailhead. Great fall colors and only a tiny bit of snow off to the sides. Some reviews made it sound like we would be hiking right next to big houses but it wasn't like that at all. Just some off in the distance. Didn't ruin it for me. Beautiful views.

Great little trail with some beautiful views of the fall colors.

The view at the top is amazing and definitely worth the short hike to get there.

closed due to fire danger

Beautiful view and a very easy trail.

Great trail. It's not hard but has varying views; you will go through parts that are shaded with trees and shrubs then into open more dry areas.

We took our dog and had no problems. This trail also connects with city Creek over look and another trail to the south so if you want to have a longer hike you just hike those.

Super easy, my dog and I like to run this trail on the evenings during the sunset.

It was a nice very easy hike. Even though they had lots of maps I still found it a bit confusing. Great view of the city but I think I prefer greener hikes. It was a fun way to hang out with a friend.

Multiple loops can be taken. Do it all in one day or have a new adventure each time you go. Great for kids and dogs. I saw a few folks on bikes, also. Trailhead days it can take horses, but track is very skinny in places and maneuverability could be an issue. 5 stars.

Great sunset views.

This is a great place to do short little hikes. Park at the beginning of the trailhead. Only thing is that there is a lot of areas that are open to the blazing sun. Great for the little ones. Just go early in the morning so you don't get to hot

Definitely needed this app to make sure I was on the right path and not on another like the biking path.

We love this trail. So much nature to appreciate and multiple trails to take.

Very easy and fun trail. Very quiet and didn't see anyone else there. Very peaceful hike, and great for beginners.

This was a nice trail, but completely spoiled by the mansions and highway noise. Someone was mowing their lawn for about 20 minutes and I could hear it from the lookout point.

There were lots of birds and some pretty flowers. I only passed about 5 people and I liked how the biking trails were separate. Bring your sunscreen because the trail is mostly unshaded.

This was a nice little hike, but I really prefer to be completely away from the city noise, so I probably won't do it again.

Smells like flowers and you get a great view

Very nice local NSL trail for hiking and sections for mountain biking. Was cool and breezy today despite the valley heat.

Roughly 30 minutes or less mountain bike. Great scenery and downhill run is fantastic.

Great easy hike. Had 5 kids with me and it was perfect for them...even the 2 year-old walked most of it. Fun lookout points. Quite a few bikers...but all were great.