Learn more

Wild Rose Trail is a 2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near North Salt Lake, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 344 feet Route Type: Loop

Wild Rose Trail has three offerings from the trailhead located near North Salt Lake, Utah and is good for all skill levels. There is an easy 2 1/2 mile loop for hiking or riding. An easy 1 mile (each way) to lookout point. And, a moderate 2 1/2 mile trail that overlooks City Creek and Salt Lake.

Biked this trail early in the morning and loved it. Beautiful views of the valley.

This trail was great. It was easy enough for my almost 3 year old to walk. At times we had to carry him on our shoulders but overall the trail was easy. In conjunction with the app's map there are signs that helped keep us on the right path. I would definitely recommend it for families.

Lovey little trail.

I would highly recommend this trail for someone who is willing to push themselves in certain areas. There are parts of it that are very steep but do able. 10/10 would do this hike again!

Awesome trail! Beautiful views and wild flowers. Make sure to pay attention to where you are going because lots of different routes!

Wife, baby and I do this trail like 3 times a week. We love it. We park, I strap my 1 year old baby on my back, and we do the loop. Takes us about 50 mins.

Cute easy trail. not much wow. In and out of shade. Too many people.

Beautiful and well-maintained trail. The signs along the way were very helpful in ensuring that I stayed on the right trail. I also kept the Alltrails map open and checked it occassionally to make sure I hadn't taken an offshoot. There was more shaded areas than I had expected and the area was nice and green! Excellent views of the north side of the valley and Davis County as well.

beautiful hike, we competed with my 10 year old, 7 year old and 8 month old. lots of signs, so easy to follow the trail. A bit rocky on the way down so be careful, specially with the kids.

Kid-friendly but confusing trail system. there are numerous forks in the trail, some for bikers only and others to different trails. there are signs but it's not clear. we had to follow the GPS the entire hike. partial shade, beautiful overlooks, nice park at trailhead.

Totally an easy trail.. almost no shade but beautiful. I went around 2pm and I saw like 3 people there.. loved it

Lots of great flowers, easy inclines, not a lot of bikers after 5:00

So beautiful! Leave early to avoid the crowds. The wildflowers are as gorgeous as people have said. It does open up, so be prepared for a short time without shade. Just follow the signs, because there are a number of trails that branch out

Beautiful with all the wild flowers! Great hike - took our 5 kids ages 9-18. Beautiful views and plenty of shade. Definitely one of our favorites.

This is an incredible Mountain Biking Trail. My son and I ran it again and again last night until dark.

Lots of beautiful wild flowers. Great views of the valley! Great for families with older kids.

Nice, colorful, mellow hike. I enjoyed it more than I expected. Loved the wildflowers.

Super fun family friendly trail! We missed the second loop because signage gets confusing. Fun nonetheless!

Amazing!!! Easy hike with magnificent views. Family friendly!

Omg! This was an awesome hike beautiful greenery’s, beautiful views a lot of bikers but were so respectful. I would definitely recommend.. also take a sweater it gets chilly in the evening...

Very enjoyable and easy hike

This is a great easy loop. We did it in an hour. It get hot in some spots but cool in the trees. Lots of dog walkers. Please take your little black bags out.

Great hike! Even getting off the path a couple of times wasn’t a problem because there are so many maps and trails back. My kids loved the benches along the path too and all the wildflowers. The shade was a great plus as well. Beautiful.

This multi use trail is rated moderate. Several different trails to choose from. I found the trails easy enough for young children. Next week the wildflowers should be in full bloom as they were just ready to pop open. Lots of dogs were off leash despite signs saying to keep your dog on a leash. Good directional signs.

Short hills that were perfect for a pregnant lady.

Enjoyed this hike! Well maintained trail, easy difficulty, great views, and long enough to make it worth the visit. Our 2 year old hiked half of it and did great. We only had 3 bikes pass us up hill, but bikes have a dedicated downhill so didn’t see any on the way down. Off and on shade made it nice. Dog had to be kept on leash.