Wild Rose Trail

Wild Rose Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near North Salt Lake, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Wild Rose Trail has three offerings from the trailhead located near North Salt Lake, Utah and is good for all skill levels. There is an easy 2 1/2 mile loop for hiking or riding. An easy 1 mile (each way) to lookout point. And, a moderate 2 1/2 mile trail that overlooks City Creek and Salt Lake.

I enjoyed the hike, easy but challenge enough for someone that is starting to hike. Beautiful view of the Valley and the mountains in the North East.. It was a little muddy but nothing really bad.

Really enjoyed the hike. Little mud but not too bad. Views were awesome.

Trail alternated between ice and mud (mostly ice) but that’s not the fault of the trail. I fell on my butt once and slipped a lot (poor choice of boots for winter conditions, my bad). Trail was easy enough and had a nice mix of scrub forest and salt lake valley views. There are a few lookout points with metal benches along the trail as well. I went on a Wednesday afternoon at about 2-3pm and there was nobody else, which was great for my first solo off leash dog hike. The trailhead has a parking lot, a small park with a pavilion a playground, and bathrooms. I’ll be back!

Nice and easy climb with some good views. Would recommend!

Great easy hike with amazing views. Lots of parking and dogs ok off leash. You can do the 2 mile Wild Rose loop or extend to 3 miles via the Chukara loop. Trails are well maintained and very well marked.

Great easy trail, great for kids (13, 9, 6). Easy to follow signs, cool playground and restrooms at the trailhead. Great fall colors and only a tiny bit of snow off to the sides. Some reviews made it sound like we would be hiking right next to big houses but it wasn't like that at all. Just some off in the distance. Didn't ruin it for me. Beautiful views.

Great little trail with some beautiful views of the fall colors.

The view at the top is amazing and definitely worth the short hike to get there.

closed due to fire danger

Beautiful view and a very easy trail.

Great trail. It's not hard but has varying views; you will go through parts that are shaded with trees and shrubs then into open more dry areas.

We took our dog and had no problems. This trail also connects with city Creek over look and another trail to the south so if you want to have a longer hike you just hike those.

Super easy, my dog and I like to run this trail on the evenings during the sunset.

It was a nice very easy hike. Even though they had lots of maps I still found it a bit confusing. Great view of the city but I think I prefer greener hikes. It was a fun way to hang out with a friend.

Multiple loops can be taken. Do it all in one day or have a new adventure each time you go. Great for kids and dogs. I saw a few folks on bikes, also. Trailhead days it can take horses, but track is very skinny in places and maneuverability could be an issue. 5 stars.

Great sunset views.

This is a great place to do short little hikes. Park at the beginning of the trailhead. Only thing is that there is a lot of areas that are open to the blazing sun. Great for the little ones. Just go early in the morning so you don't get to hot

Definitely needed this app to make sure I was on the right path and not on another like the biking path.

We love this trail. So much nature to appreciate and multiple trails to take.

Very easy and fun trail. Very quiet and didn't see anyone else there. Very peaceful hike, and great for beginners.