Wild Rose Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near North Salt Lake, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Wild Rose Trail has three offerings from the trailhead located near North Salt Lake, Utah and is good for all skill levels. There is an easy 2 1/2 mile loop for hiking or riding. An easy 1 mile (each way) to lookout point. And, a moderate 2 1/2 mile trail that overlooks City Creek and Salt Lake.

Good, short hike with nice views of the lake and surrounding communities. I appreciated the signage along the trail to help me decide if I wanted to extend the loop by checking out one of the spur trails.

This is an easy and fun family trail. We hiked from the park at the top of Sky Lark Lane to the lookout point and back. This part of the trail was shaded almost the whole way, and the fall colors were beautiful. my kids also enjoyed playing at the park when we were done.

Nice easy trail in north Salt Lake City with dog off-leash. Met by a stray golden retriever. Hot day. Beautiful views of the city and great Salt Lake. Had to contend with a few mountain bikers on trails that criss-crossed the hiking trail making it a bit hectic for the free running dogs.

Nice trail that was great for my dog. Has some great overlooks for views. Some parts are very narrow so make sure you are aware with the bikers using the trail. Leaves are turning very pretty up here.

Great for kids and the whole fam.

great for beginner/intermediate mtb. quick short and easy trails for after work

The views are great, but it was hot out there! The terrain was a little rocky, which was murder on my ankles. Otherwise, it was a nice little hike. It may not be the best for small dogs, as mine got worn out.

Great hike for a beginner like me. The view of the valley at the top was beautiful! I started around 6:30pm and it was still pretty hot - there is little shade on the trail...

Great trail for hiking with a young family :)

This is a beautiful easy trail with stunning views of the valley. In May everything is lush, green and full of wildflowers.

Nice, easy trail with very few rocks or trip hazards. This trail overlaps with other trails so pay attention at all of the forks.

The trail was easy but breath taking. Loved the view and all the wild flowers!

Easy hike. The trail is covered half of the hike and open for the rest so it may not be the best hike on a super hot day. Benches are positioned throughout the hike to sit if you need a rest. Wildflowers are out in force right now making it really pretty.

Nice for an urban hike. Super kid friendly. My kids loved it!

Overall really nice trail for mountain biking (especially for beginners) and it also seems it would be a nice trail for hiking too. Very beautiful scenery and would make for a wonderful sunset hike.

Very easy trail (especially if you have a little one on your back)! This trail is well marked—it surprised me how at each point there was a sign with a ‘you are here’ and map of the trail. Also continued to the Chukara loop as well, and that was a great extra mile if you’re up for it. Another nice surprise is the intermittent shaded areas, and the park benches allowing one to sit and take in the view! I’ll definitely do this again at some point!

Perfect trail for beginners.

Hiked up on Saturday and it was raining but it was very beautiful! The colors and smell of spring is definitely a good hike to start off the season

The views are beautiful. There are wooded areas and open views of the whole valley. A little bit of everything with resting areas in the shade throughout. Easy trail for small or big dogs.

This trail is by far one of my favorites! I took my dogs out with me, it's a dog friendly off leash trail, and they enjoyed every bit of it! It's very easy and a beautiful hike! There are pretty flowers lining the trail most of the way and its lovely and lush right now!

This is not the sort of hike where you’ll see stunning mountain vistas, but for what it is - more of an urban hike- it’s lovely. It’s full exposure, so spring or fall is the perfect time for it. The view from sunset point is pretty incredible as you can see most of the Salt Lake valley, the Great Salt Lake, and into Davis and Weber Counties. This could not be more fitting for small children as the incline is gradual and only 2 miles to do the shortcut route. The trail is well marked and well-maintained. Would do this again for a short hike with great city views.

Such a stunning overlook towards Salt Lake and beautiful flowers along the path.

Great easy little trail. Well maintained & lots of signage. I wasn't expecting so much of the view to be of houses and a golf course, but the trailhead is at the top of a large subdivision.

Wow! The views on this trail are 5 Star views. The slippery snow on the trail and the few spots of mud made this hike SUPER hard for my 9 and 11 year old with special needs. And the effort I had to put in to ensure they didn’t fall made this one of the longest 1.7 miles of my life. My 15 year old flew over the same footing. But even with the slipping and sliding, we loved this hike. So beautiful! I can only imagine how pretty it would be at other times of the year.

I enjoyed the hike, easy but challenge enough for someone that is starting to hike. Beautiful view of the Valley and the mountains in the North East.. It was a little muddy but nothing really bad.

Really enjoyed the hike. Little mud but not too bad. Views were awesome.

Trail alternated between ice and mud (mostly ice) but that’s not the fault of the trail. I fell on my butt once and slipped a lot (poor choice of boots for winter conditions, my bad). Trail was easy enough and had a nice mix of scrub forest and salt lake valley views. There are a few lookout points with metal benches along the trail as well. I went on a Wednesday afternoon at about 2-3pm and there was nobody else, which was great for my first solo off leash dog hike. The trailhead has a parking lot, a small park with a pavilion a playground, and bathrooms. I’ll be back!

Nice and easy climb with some good views. Would recommend!

Great easy hike with amazing views. Lots of parking and dogs ok off leash. You can do the 2 mile Wild Rose loop or extend to 3 miles via the Chukara loop. Trails are well maintained and very well marked.

Monday, October 16, 2017

Great easy trail, great for kids (13, 9, 6). Easy to follow signs, cool playground and restrooms at the trailhead. Great fall colors and only a tiny bit of snow off to the sides. Some reviews made it sound like we would be hiking right next to big houses but it wasn't like that at all. Just some off in the distance. Didn't ruin it for me. Beautiful views.