Whiterocks Amphitheater Trail

Whiterocks Amphitheater Trail is a 0.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Saint George, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 0.9 miles Elevation Gain: 127 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Lots of possible exploration around the amphitheater.

Fun trail. Took it to Lava Flow. Just over 3 miles out and back.

The walls of the amphitheater are fun to climb. I went up the rock on the left side. I'd guess it's a YDS Class 3. It was most fun I had at the park.

Nice intermediate rock climbing. saw some wild life.

The amphitheater has an amazing overlook once you get to the top

Wonderful hike after snowfall; the sand was frozen & easy to walk across. Glorious views

This is one of my favorite hikes for toddlers! Bring sand toys and enjoy!

Mon Aug 13 2018

fun family trial. you can climb all over on the rocks.

Wed Jun 13 2018

Th perfect hike or those with small children. Once you get to the amphitheater kids love exploring the rocks and playing in the sand. If you go in the summer the sand can get very hot so make sure to go earlier in the day so the kids can still play. So many cool places to take pictures.

Sun Apr 15 2018

great hike

Sat Apr 14 2018

Beautiful trail with lots of sandstone to climb on. We started here and then headed toward Butterfly trail and got to experience so many different kinds of terrain from sand to volcano tubes there was not one bad place for a picture; just stunning.

Sat Apr 07 2018

The kids absolutely loved hiking around and playing in the sand. My senior parents were able to make the short trek with us, and sat watching the grandkids play. We will definitely be back!

Tue Apr 03 2018

We went left at the fork. Easy, short walk to the overlook. The white rocks are beautifully contrasted by the red rocks in the distance. Parts of the trail are a bit sandy.

Sat Mar 24 2018

Very easy to get to the amphitheater. Lots of exploring can be done once there so the difficulty depends on you!

Sat Mar 10 2018

This trail does NOT allow dogs, despite the AllTrails description.

Sun Mar 04 2018

Short hike but a nice trip inside the White Rocks section of Snow Canyon. Once in the belly of the amphitheater, I was intrigued to see if I could get my 280 lbs up the rough, chunky rocks to the pimple dome visible from the road. Thankfully, it’s not all fat and I discovered that scrambling is now my favorite mountain-scape activity. Once I was confident I could retrace my steps down, if necessary, I climbed my way to the top, using the elephant-hide texture to cement my hand holds and steps. The dome sits about 4500’ up, so a modest 300-400’ scramble up from the amphitheater floor but well worth it. Beautiful views into the rest of Snow Canyon and the surrounding peaks. Coming down was challenging, having to hug a couple of edges and correct course but I couldn’t help but let out a holler after getting back to the bottom, simply because it was so incredibly fun. If you’re adventurous and minimalist, throwing down a bag at the top for the night would be a star-gazers paradise, as there are a few small oasis of flat ground with built-up sand and soil.

Wed Feb 21 2018

Fun, kid friendly trail.

Fri Feb 16 2018

Sandy beach at the top was fun for the kids! Fun hike and amazing scenery!

Sat Dec 09 2017

If you’re planning on spending some time in Snow Canyon State Park, this is an excellent extension Trail. It is a fee Trail for the park but has an excellent view of the top of Snow Canyon. It is not difficult but you can add challenges at the end if you like.

Sat Dec 09 2017

Nice easy trail that ends with white rocks to scramble up. Gets pretty windy but really beautiful.

Sun Nov 26 2017

Such an awesome fun hike. Beautiful white petrified sand hills - fun to scramble along. At the end of the trail there is a white sand dune hill that the kiddos loved playing on for hours.

Mon Nov 06 2017

Absolutely beautiful and unique geology. Has a white sand hill to play in too

Sat Oct 07 2017

Nice, short hike. Good for all ages. Beautiful views. It was fun in the white sand. We took our shoes off and walked through it. Kind of fun!

Sun Sep 24 2017

This is more or less an easy walk, especially when starting the trail from the trailhead that starts off route 18 (not inside the park). The trail starts in the sandy desert, and then leads up some slick rock into the ampitheatre. It was well marked when we were there, and the all trails map was a perfect guide. The only thing to keep in mind is if it is windy, the wind will be more intense inside the ampitheatre (where the trail ends). We got in there and it was so windy! Sand hitting us from all sides. Luckily the wind was not strong enough to blow us over, but it was hard to see because sand would blow in your eyes. Also another note, the parking lot exit has a high angle to the road, so take a wide turn to get out. I kinda scraped the bottom of our Volvo because I did not take a wide turn :(.

Mon Apr 10 2017

This is an awesome hike for kids. The amphitheater is full of really fine sand that my kids loved playing in. If you hike to to top of the mountain to the south of the amphitheater you will get an awesome view of the red cliffs in Snow Canyon.

Sun Mar 19 2017

Quick and fun. Nice rock formations.

Sat Aug 27 2016

Beautiful white rock formations, easy hike in.

Mon May 30 2016

Nice easy and short hike to a slickrock amphitheater in the rocks.

Sat Apr 02 2016

Great little hike for the kids. A fun bit of scrambling on the white sandstone at the end with a fun and unique amphitheater to explore. To date my favorite Snow Canyon hike with little ones.