White Rock Loop is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Syracuse, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.3 miles Elevation Gain: 708 feet Route Type: Loop

lots of biting gnats

it was pretty intense for 2nd time riding.

So many gnats. There must be millions on the island.

steep

fee

Great trail. Inside the park so there is a fee. A lot of bikers on trail. The elevation gain is in the first 2 miles. Great views.

Very busy, lots of mountain bikers. beautiful views.

Went Mar 9 on a bike. rode counter-clockwise. really nice trail. had to walk the bike for a few parts of it (because I'm out of shape), but still a great trail. saw several buffalo and also some deer. the ride down is awesome as it's all primarily down hill.

Nice fun run! Didn’t see any animals but such a gorgeous spot !

Nice hike with sweeping views of the Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island. I went with a meetup group on September 15, 2019 and this was a challenge for me as a “56 year old, out of shape, newbee”. We hiked clockwise and this got the assent out of the way early making the last 2/3s of the hike a gradual descent. Saw a couple of buffalo in the distance. The trail is in good shape and wide enough to walk side by side with a partner for most of the trip. I recommend you take the following: - Lots of water - I took 1.5 liters and ran out with 1.5 miles to go. - Sunblock - there is NO SHADE and you will bake. - Lunch/Snacks you will want to refuel. - camera - great photo opportunities along the way. - Bug spray - we ran into a few biting flies. But depending on the season I guess they can be a big problem. Our group hiked this In 3H 11M from parking lot to parking lot, (not including our lunch break). We shared the trail with horses and mountain bikers so be alert. There are no water or toilets on the trail. But you will find toilets at the parking lot. Pack out what you take with you. Keep the trail clean! Enjoy!

Not many bugs this time of year. Beautiful panoramic views. Didn’t see many bison.

Not many brine flies this time. No shade so early morning is a good time to do this trail. Saw a heard of bison just off trail. Restrooms are close to trailhead. Fun Trail.

Mon May 27 2019

Mtn biked it. Bring face nets and bug spray

Sun May 26 2019

Nice MTN trail. Bring the face nets and bug spray though. Saw about 9 bison. 3 where at about 50 yards away from the trail.

Sat Apr 27 2019

I really wanted to like this trail but it is swarming with brine flies! It made the trail unbearable while hiking because they are everywhere. We thought it would get better the further you traveled but it only got worse. We turned around after a mile. If you go I suggest you wear like a bee keepers mask or something because it really is that bad. I researched if brine flies bite and it said they don’t but we ended up having red marks on the back of our necks but they went away after a day.

Wed Apr 03 2019

1st trail ride in my life. We made it to the top of the loop then had to turn around at the 3.?? mile where the map is due to a bike malfunction. Regardless, It was beautiful. We rode from about 4:30pm-6:30pm March 15, 2019 and the weather was perfect. We passed at least 10 bikers, two guys on horseback and 6-8 Buffalo right along the trail. At one point we had to stop and wait 5-10 minutes til the buffalo moved far enough away from the trail so we could pass.

Sun Mar 17 2019

Great views. NO shade. The trail (gate to gate) is 7.2 miles.

Tue Oct 30 2018

Gorgeous views over Salt Lake. There's no shade on the entire hike, so be prepared for that. We extended the hike with a few kilometres, easily done with the connecting Junction and Bone Road Trail.

Sat Apr 14 2018

First mountain bike ride, it was beautiful. The ascent was a bit challenging heading left/east after the first fork but once you get to the top, the rest of the ride is absolutely worth the climb. Loved it and will be back.

Wed Mar 28 2018

Went in late March-no bug issues. Little to no shade on trail. Leisurely walking and stopping to enjoy the views-approx 3.5 hour hike. Beautiful views throughout entire trail!

Thu Mar 15 2018

My husband and I hiked this trail on Saturday March 10. It was a sunny 50 degrees... we regretted not bringing sunscreen! On the day we went, there was actually a race event going on, so for the first 15 minutes, we were cheering on runners as we passed them on the trail. The initial ascent was moderate, but not too grueling, and the rest of the way was more level. We saw one herd of about 100 bison.... very cool to see. The views of the lake and the Wasatch Front were beautiful. We took the optional short side route to the beacon. Pretty neat to see, and good view up there. The backside of the trail was more tedious, with fewer spectacular views. Trail has no shade, so be prepared! Overall a nice, unique hike!

Thu Mar 01 2018

Excellent ride today. 37 degrees. Sunny. Varying conditions. Snow, sand, mud, gravel. Many bison around. More than I've seen in 20 yrs of riding here.

Sun Feb 04 2018