White Rock Loop is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Syracuse, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Gorgeous views over Salt Lake. There's no shade on the entire hike, so be prepared for that. We extended the hike with a few kilometres, easily done with the connecting Junction and Bone Road Trail.

First mountain bike ride, it was beautiful. The ascent was a bit challenging heading left/east after the first fork but once you get to the top, the rest of the ride is absolutely worth the climb. Loved it and will be back.

Went in late March-no bug issues. Little to no shade on trail. Leisurely walking and stopping to enjoy the views-approx 3.5 hour hike. Beautiful views throughout entire trail!

My husband and I hiked this trail on Saturday March 10. It was a sunny 50 degrees... we regretted not bringing sunscreen!

On the day we went, there was actually a race event going on, so for the first 15 minutes, we were cheering on runners as we passed them on the trail.

The initial ascent was moderate, but not too grueling, and the rest of the way was more level. We saw one herd of about 100 bison.... very cool to see. The views of the lake and the Wasatch Front were beautiful. We took the optional short side route to the beacon. Pretty neat to see, and good view up there. The backside of the trail was more tedious, with fewer spectacular views.

Trail has no shade, so be prepared! Overall a nice, unique hike!

Excellent ride today. 37 degrees. Sunny. Varying conditions. Snow, sand, mud, gravel. Many bison around. More than I've seen in 20 yrs of riding here.

Great trail loop!

Awesome!

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Nice and very easy trail.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

A very unique place

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Cool scenery but the bugs kind of ruin it. Be prepared to get eaten alive by mosquitos!

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Amazing views especially if you go at sunset. Watching the sun set over the Great Salt Lake is really beautiful. Bison a few yards from the trail were a nice diversion from the sunset.

Thursday, May 04, 2017

this place should really be named "bug island" or "bison island" instead. 3 car washes later, the SUV is still covered with dead bugs. >:/

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Amazing island! Just watch out for those bugs. I went April 14th and it was in the 50s so the bugs weren't too bad. But I can't imagine it being tolerable with anymore

Monday, April 17, 2017

Amazing!

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Beautiful hiking with lots of trails. Got a late start to the day- so while had only few hours to hike, had awesome sunset views over the lake as the sun was setting. Will absolutely go back again.
There April 2: mosquitoes were annoying at lower elevation, not so much the higher we climbed. Considering it was still getting into the 30s at night- I can well imagine bugs could be an issue in warmer months.
Saw plenty of buffalo, birds. No antelope sadly.
The geology of the island itself is fascinating. You can literally see/feel the the evolution of the island while walking.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

great for snowshoeing, and animal spotting.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Good trial

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Took the mountain bikes on this trail, it was a lot of fun

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Lots to see. Many trail options.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Great walk lots of deer and buffalo

Monday, October 12, 2015

A very visually interesting place to drive around and then get out and walk in a few places. Great for some landscape photography. I saw one buffalo and no antelope.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Not really much hiking but really fun for the family

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Pretty island, great views of the Great Salt Lake, fun hiking trails, but the bugs can be bad

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Absolutely beautiful island. The wildlife and the views of the lake are stunning. You can hike pretty much anywhere around the island and there are a few lookout points that are nice. Also a great place to bring dogs since it's so open.

However, do NOT go during bug season! I thought September would be late enough to avoid the bugs but I was wrong. I have never seen so many bugs! At night the swarms were so dense we couldn't do anything, including eat dinner or hang out outside of our tent. Would definitely recommend going when there are less bugs, maybe later in the season.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Antelope Island is a beautiful and unique place to visit. We were lucky in September and saw lots of buffalo and even a couple of antelope. The island has a certain romantic quality that comes across in photographs. We drove around the island stopping here and there to take pictures and makes for a nice trip for those who may have difficulty walking.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

We live 2 miles from the entrance and make it a point every summer to visit. It doesn't look like much but we enjoy the driving and taking pictures of the wild life out there. The kids always enjoy the small walk on "the beach", the museum, and and having buffalo burgers there.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I call this home and run the trails here 2-3 times per week from Fall to Spring.. This is the home of the Buffalo Run a local trail runners favorite in the spring.. Great venue, great everything for that matter

Friday, October 21, 2011

I live in Phoenix and frequently travel to Salt Lake City for work. I try to sneak a ride in during my spring, summer and fall trips. Antelope Island easily blew my mind. Split Rock Trail out around Elephant Head, though not very technical (it has its moments, though!), affords stunning views across The Lake unlike any other place. Ride it in early June, and you'll be treated to a beautiful wildflower display as well. The bison and antelope are pretty cool; in fact my first ride out on the island provided my one and only time I could use the "I am late to work this morning because I had a staring standoff with a buffalo" excuse. No kidding. Just me, my Jamis, the lone bison standing his ground between me and my rental car, and a newly risen sun. It was a glorious solo ride I don't think I will ever forget, nor would I want to.

Friday, September 16, 2011

There are plenty of hiking and biking trails all over the island. I went mountain biking and found the trails good in most places, although they tend to be pretty sandy at the lower elevations. We went in October so the bugs and people were almost nonexistent. There were lots of bison roaming all over. They look docile enough, but keep your distance as they are not tame and they are very large animals.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Loved Antelope Island. Will go back when the biting gnats are gone. It was too unbearable to get out of the car. Lots of wildlife to see. We saw bison, deer and antelope. They have a very nice visitor center and would love to go and camp there some time.