White Rim Overlook Trail is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Island in the Sky Visitor Center: Drive 6.25 miles southward on the Main Island Road. At the junction of Upheaval Dome/Grand View Roads bear left toward Grand View Point. Continue traveling five miles, past the Buck Canyon Overlook, to the Gooseberry Trailhead.

It's impressive to see the road down there. Great view

As mentioned before, there is no sign from main road telling you the side road leads to the White Rim trail, only a sign stating picnic area. This road is on the left before you get to Grand View. While the walk is easy, it was SO worth it with good canyon views on the tiny “peninsula in the sky” it ends on. My wife and I really enjoyed it. We saw maybe 5-6 people on that trail yesterday.

Great overlook that you’ll probably have all to yourself

Epic views. I went end of Aug, in the afternoon, and was the only one on the trail. Easy and well-marked.

A word of caution to Canyonlands “newbs” such as myself- the trailhead is not marked from the road as Gooseberry or White Rim Trail. Look for the sign saying “Picnic/Hiking Trail” after Buck Canyon and before the Orange Cliffs Overlook (I overshot the turnout).

The best views in Island in the Sky, along with Grand View Point, and a very easy trail. Would definitely recommend.

fantastic views at end of trail

Great trail. My family went on this one and sunset was beautiful also.
It's easy one to do but view is great and is my favorite one from this park

Another hike to a scenic overlook, each has its unique view of the canyon. Just a little less busy because it has a little more length than most of the overlooks. Makes it all the more reason to do it.

Great little hike with with an amazing view as a payoff. Very low traffic for Memorial Day weekend, we only saw 5 other people on the trail. It took us 35 minutes round trip including picture time.

Had the trail to ourselves the whole time with great views in every direction. Limited parking for hikers think there was only 3-4 spots available so if you get there early you won’t have any issues.

Easy trail with a great view of the Canyon at the end. Did it after I lost the Gooseberry Trail.

Great views !

Great extended views

I enjoyed this trail a little more than Grand View. There was almost no traffic and I had the place all to myself. The views are just as spectacular as anything else in Island in the Sky.

Monday, November 13, 2017

I really loved this trail the best of my 9 hikes today. It goes out to a narrow point with stunning view of the layer of white rock around the rim of the middle section of the canyon

Thursday, June 08, 2017

It's basically a walk along the rim with spectacular views!! Worth it.

Monday, April 03, 2017

Beautiful overlook! Canyonlands has over 300,000 acres and its amazing to see the vast expanse!

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Easy walk down to a great lookout.

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Easy trail for some great views.

Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Fun trail that leads to some great views of the canyons within Canyonlands National Park