White Pine Lake Trail

White Pine Lake Trail is a 9.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sandy, Utah that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

fly fishing

The White Pine trailhead is on the south side of the road, 5.5 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon and 0.7 miles below Snowbird. The turnoff for the parking area is just after a turn and is easy to miss. Start slowing down just after the "White Pine Slide Area" sign. An asphalt path leads from the parking area to a footbridge across the stream

Breathtakingly beautiful hike.

Great hike! Like others have said, there is a lot of run off flowing down the trail. There is still a decent amount of snow above 9,200 ft so I imagine it will be quite wet for a while. We were up there early (7:45am) and the snow was all still frozen.

Great hike, bring waterproof hiking shoes, lots of snow melt running water and mud in the trail. Last 3/4 mile still snow and lake still mostly frozen.

Great hike.

Beautiful hike! Rather muddy and wet, but nothing extreme. Still tons of snow in the last mile. Careful not to get off course in all the snow at the end, else you'll miss the lake! We finished in just over 2.5 hours

Backpacked in about two miles and camped a little above the first set of switchbacks (right after the red pine split). Then, hiked up to the ridge overlooking the lake. There is still quite a bit of snowpack and a large amount of runoff water on the trail at this time of year, so it was a pretty wet hike. About the last mile+ is still covered in snow, so be prepared for that, but the lake is reachable. This is a fun, beautiful hike and I'd highly recommend it.

I've seen a wolverine on this hike... one day I'm going to snap a photo of it.

This was a beautiful, amazing hike! There was a lot of snow and I did not find a lake , however I couldn't see the trail so I may have accidentally followed a ski trail . If you want to have a comfortable and safe hike I would :
Wear good hiking boots , put Yak Traks on your hiking boots , wear gaiters above your hiking boots, wear sunglasses and lots of sunscreen due to all the reflection from the snow. I am definitely going back in Summer!!

My Wife, Brother in law, Sister in Law and I climbed this with full packs to stay for 2 nights. We brought enough to stay for a week and that was a big mistake:) It took everything in us to make it to the top with all the weight, but the payoff was worth it. This was the most beautiful camping experience I have ever had. The view was gorgeous. While we were up there life flight had to fly overhead for about an hour in the dark to try and find a hiker who had gotten lost trying to traverse the cliffs around the area. That was intense and they didn't find the person til morning and they unfortunately had to take his body off the side of the cliffs. Don't hike alone please! Other than that it was an amazing trip. This hike was hard!