White Pine Lake Trail

White Pine Lake Trail is a 9.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sandy, Utah that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

fly fishing

The White Pine trailhead is on the south side of the road, 5.5 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon and 0.7 miles below Snowbird. The turnoff for the parking area is just after a turn and is easy to miss. Start slowing down just after the "White Pine Slide Area" sign. An asphalt path leads from the parking area to a footbridge across the stream

First hike here and I loved it! I was getting pretty tired but passing hikers/runners gave me motivation to keep going!

One of the most beautiful hiking trails I've ever been to. It's rated as hard, but I don't agree. I would consider it as moderate. I highly recommend it!

great hike to put some work into, and the lake is beutiful at the end. you really get to appreciate the wildflowers on the way back down.

Awesome! Definitely not "difficult", though, unless inclímate weather. Snow and freezing temps makes this hike much more of a challenge. Long, but very do-able for just about anyone. 5.2 miles up, no less.

Trail was super rocky, and as you got toward the top you were walking through probably a foot of snow for the last hour. Took about 3.5 hours at a moderate pace to get to the lake, which was very shallow and not really that special. It was so small that is was hard to find almost. Maybe October isn't the best month for this trail.

At least during this time of the year, I would recommend wearing something a little better than tennis shoes too. My shoes and socks were soaked, and they were also covered in mud. It was also very slippery in some areas, at times you're walking on pure ice.

It just seemed like a lot of time invested (7 hour round trip), for nothing too spectacular. My phone recorded 14.5 miles once I got to the bottom, and although phones can be inaccurate; it did feel like a lot more walking than 10 miles. The high snow and having to carefully strafe the trail in order to not slip probably didn't help.

Beautiful trail started early, at the top there was close to a foot of snow to hike through. Still worth it, the trail was really wet on the way down (expect water in your shoes) . Took about 4 hrs to get up cause of the snow and about 2 to get down. Saw a bunch of deer.

Amazing trail- saw a moose and some deer. Well maintained

I went on thursday morning. it took me about 3.5 hours to finish at a good pace. It was easier than red pine in my humble opinion. first time doing it, beautiful views, definitely cold. I would recommend gloves!! great hike!

Hiked to the lake and then bagged Red Baldy. Cold (25°F?) and windy with a dusting of snow on the ground near the lake and all the way up to the peak. Awesome views, wide trail.