White Pine Lake Trail

White Pine Lake Trail is a 7.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

One of best hikes I have ever done in Utah

If you are an experienced hiker you will find this a pretty easy hike. The only significant elevation is at the beginning and then as you descend to the lake then ascend back. My GPS tracked exactly 4 miles to the lake with a little campground exploration. The views are stunning, birds singing everywhere, but really, if you lived in a place like this, you'd sing too!
We back packed in and it took 2 hours with several stops for pictures, a blister first aid, and drinks. Busy trail but except for the horse poop, it's very pristine. Hikers are taking care to keep it clean. If you come later in the evening on a weekend you might have a hard time finding a camp spot. We arrived at 6:30 and there were several to choose from. We saw only two other groups. But by dusk the place was packed.
Really no firewood unless you go hunt for it and even then a hatchet will be your friend. We found plenty, but it took four of us to go search away from the area both night and morning.
Hardly any bugs, that may change as the summer progresses.
Honestly doesn't get much better than this.
Pack out whatever you pack in!

Great!! Very beautiful hike with more flat hike. Hardest part was the return going back up from the lake, but after that pretty moderate in difficulty.

Beautiful start to finish. Steady uphill grade to the ridge crosses several alpine streams with spectacular Rocky Mountain Vistas. Getting used to the altitude was my biggest challenge. Over the ridge and a series of switchbacks down the other side followed by a steady downhill grade to the lake. Ridiculously beautiful mountain setting for White Pine Lake. Because this location is heavily visited, fire wood is a challenge to find. Suggest backpack food. Caught several brook Trout. Tons of fun fishing. Next morning body was was good with the altitude which made hike out of there much better. Don't underestimate this hike. By the time you get back to Tony's Grove Lake you will be thrashed - but glad you went.

Great trail to take a beginning backpacker. Its easy, beautiful and short. I like to do it at least once a year as a short fun weekend trip.

Camping under mount Magog in the wildflowers was awesome! The lake is pretty neat and we saw some deer at dusk. Lots of good campsites, had no trouble finding one in July.

I have been hiking this with my kids for the last 3 years (they are 9 and 10 now) it is so worth the hike. It's a pretty easy hike with only part of it being intense.

I drive up to Tony Grove to backpack this trail every fall. It's a beautiful drive and a very easy hike. If you get here at the right time, the aspens are all yellow and look outstanding! Descending down to the lake is fun and there are quite a few spots to camp.

Perfect moderation. And the road was amazing up to the trailhead so my old car didn't have a problem.

An easy, beautiful hike!

loved this beautiful hike. some bikers, couple horses but mostly back packers. parking lot gets busy but beautiful lake and hike.

Took the horses last fall, the leaves were stunning. It's a good trail for the horses. The last little bit going down to the lake are some switchbacks where we ran into some tight passing with hikers. I'm looking forward to going again and maybe trying to access from Franklin Basin.

This was a very beautiful hike. It's been on my list for several months now. lots of scenic wildflowers and nature. On the down side, it was extremely busy with people hiking, horseback riding, and biking. There were those that left there animal waste on the trail.

Such a beautiful hike with wildflowers everywhere! We back-packed later in the afternoon and it wasn't busy at all. The next day we hiked out around noon and there were tons of people hiking in, plus it was extremely hot! I do suggest either hiking in the early morning or later in the day to avoid congestion on the trail and to not sweat to death.

Mostly exposed to the sun, so can get hot and sunburn. Elevation change is modest. There are a couple of meadows along the way, which are full of wild flowers in the summer. The lake is pretty and rewarding.

Can get really crowded.

We love this hike and have done it several times. Expect snow in early June, we lost the trail under snow a couple times before when in snow. so beautiful and peaceful.

Great hike, saw a moose. Plan on paying $6 for parking

This hike is beautiful.

Good hike for a nice Saturday. Start early to avoid crowds and bring sunscreen to avoid looking like a lobster.

Loved the meadows filled with wildflowers.

A beautiful hike filled with rolling hills, aspen groves, jaw dropping cliffs, wildflowers, streams, and alpine lakes.

Beautiful hike in with awesome scenery and a most impressive mountain surrounded lake at the end!! The switch backs were a little rough on the way out, but all in all a great hike!!!

Hiked this trail today on the 4th of July. Our Corgi made the whole way just fine with some rests. There's still some snow up there but it actually helps you get over the muddy spots. Once you get about 0.9 miles from the lake the trail forks. Take the higher fork up towards the campgrounds -- the other way is super muddy. Overall fun hike with lots of incline on the way back! We ran up it to get it over with faster.

I thought that this was a lovely little hike. We took kids and they found it challenging but manageable. White Pine Lake is awesome, a great little fishing spot. We had to pack in quite a bit of water, because we didn't know if there was any down there, and it was a good thing we did, because we never found any. It was pretty crowded on a Friday night, so I'd avoid the weekends, but other than that, it was incredible!

This was a pretty easy trail. Lots of wild flowers and cool scenery. The incline wasn't bad at all. Lot of people on the trail today. We were glad we went early in the morning. The lake and scenery are worth the effort. Will definitely need to backpack in and spend a night or two at the lake.

A beautiful hike. Gorgeous mountains, beautiful streams and Brooks, majestic trees and skylines. This certainly is not a challenging hike but there are aspects of it that will definitely get your heart pumping and lungs expanding. The trail is very well used, easy to follow, and fairly safe. Little children would find this difficult as well as older people. So please use caution with the little ones. If you explore around the lake a little you will definitely be hiking a good 8 miles. This distance is a round trip distance. We hiked on July 1 and there were plenty of small snowfields along the way that were melting. This caused some muddy trails, which can be slippery so good hiking boots would be advised.

Best hike in Logan Canyon

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Hiked 2 miles in before I saw a fresh bear track so I hightailed it back to my car. Will try again with a buddy and bear spray later. There were two huge snow fields (20+ minutes each) so I had to use GPS. Crampons would've been nice. Hiking sticks helped with the snow and two water crossings since the spring runoff was still a little strong. Again, I would've been stubborn and made it had I not seen that bear track but I'm not stupid - I don't take on bears solo.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Amazing hike. Still snow to this date. We where not able to make it to the lake because of the steep and snowy descent to it. Quite dangerous without the proper gear.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Just got done attempting this hike, I wanted to post this review to share that everything is still snowed in down to the Tony Grove gate (about 1 mile from Tony Grove Lake). Looks like it would have been an impeccable hike though.