White Pine Lake Trail is a 7.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,332 feet Route Type: Out & Back

icy
28 minutes ago

went up last weekend and trail was still covered in snow :(

Gorgeous today! Little muddy at some parts, but nothing too crazy.

Very pretty! Can the trail was super muddy, but the lake views were fantastic!

I love this trail! Our only issue was (time of year, of course) the massively muddy trail from melting snow. This can make it messy and very slick. However, we are not pansies and it added to the adventure. Not a hard trail, by any means, but give yourself plenty of time to stop and enjoy the sweet lake. Seriously, I could have spent all afternoon sitting by that gorgeous, pristine lake. I’ll be back, for sure! Oh and bring jumper cables...just in case your car battery dies while you are off gallivanting around in the mountains. Just sayin.

I loved this trail! A real challenge but well-marked! Varied terrain, great views! Glad I had trekking poles & boots as there are a lot of rocky terrain & streams to cross! Super fun!

This was an excellent hike. The trail was in good condition. Don’t plan on seeing any wildlife, except for the cows grazing everywhere and shitting all over the trail. The end is very rewarding and I went for a dip. Bring a towel.

This is just a fantastic hike. It is roughly 8 miles round trip. The hike to the lake is not too bad. It's enough to get the blood pumping for sure, but the hike back from the lake is rough. While not technically difficult, it is quite the ascent and apparently I am not in the shape I thought I was. Some of the hike is wide open to the sun, but groves of aspens and pines offer periodic (and very welcome) shade. The wildflowers are gone for the year, but judging from the remnants, I am excited to go back next year to see the trail in full bloom. The lake itself is very pretty and a nice cooling off point before the hike back. Saw a few other hikers, but not many so I had that lovely solitude and the trail to myself for the most part.

I love this hike! I’ve done it multiple times since living in Logan. The only “hard” part of the hike is the way back up from the lake. Easily one of my favorite hikes in logan canyon!

Love the trail and the lake was SO PRETTY! Tony Grove lake is currently partially drained to do some work, but I had no issue with that for the Pine Lake hike.

This is a really nice intermediate hike up into the Alpine area. Not overly strenuous and a beautiful lake at the end. Coming back, I had a little squall of rain and snow but only in the last 15 minutes. A great hike and well worth it. Paved road all the way up to the trail head is always a nice benefit!

Great trail! Not difficult, but takes a few hours!

Was Beutiful and not that bad. The last mile into white pine in a little rough if you don’t backpack a lot. And coming out is a little worse. But other than that it was awesome the Entire way. With breathtaking views once you get to white pine.

Great hike! Beautiful views! We missed the peak of beautiful flowers by a week or 2 but there were enough left to make it worth it. There were some steep sections of the trail but enough flat sections to give us relief. Our reward at the end was a gorgeous lake surrounded by majestic, steep 1,000 foot, limestone cliffs (our best estimate)!

bears

Loved it! Beautiful views. Surprised to see a dozen cows grazing. Crossed the creek a few times. 6:30-9:30 am on Monday morning, late August- no other hikers. Took us 80 min to get to the lake. Spent 20 min there. Took us 80 min to return. But we move quick. The first half of the return is the steepest! Great trails. Marked well.

Great hike, I really enjoyed it. The lake is definitely not a letdown once you get there, quite the opposite. Very scenic. There were a good number of people mildly complaining about having to hike back up from the lake before the trail drops back to Tony Grove. I did, too. It's nothing bad. The high point is 8,800 ft, so maybe the altitude was getting some of us a bit. Still, it's a great hike and well worth it, I absolutely will do it again. Coming back to Tony Grove, you couldn't ask for better trail conditions. After the high point, it's downhill to you can step it out and make good time on the return. It's not steep enough to be hard on knees and ankles, it really is just about the ideal slope. One thing: I don't understand the reviewer who stated that there's very little shade. It's alpine forest, there's shade everywhere. In most places, just step 4 feet off the trail and you're in shade. If you're in an open area, shade is never more than a couple hundred yards away.

Great hike and camping spot. Steeper coming back

Super scenic, not too long, and minimal elevation gain. I made a video of the scenery here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcFkZHVr9pQ

Fantastic hike. The views were great, and it was easy to find. The roads leading to it are very maintained, and everything is well marked. A decent amount of shade cover. Only one very steep section. Wouldn’t recommend for biking unless very very experienced. We completed it in around 3.5 hours.

This is a pretty great trail!! There isn’t much shade though, so you might want to A) hike it in the fall when it’s cooler. B) leave really early in the morning C) go backpacking up there in the morning when it’s still cool, and then set up camp and go swimming in the lake. There are multiple fire pits and places to hang hammocks or put up tents up there so you could then stay the night and hike out the next morning. This is definitely a trail you’ll want to try though. It reminds me of the Tetons. The lake is absolutely gorgeous.

Awesome but very little shade. Much cooler temps though so it didn’t bother us!

The flowers are looking so good right now!

Wonderful Trail, a little bit of descent and climbing but nothing outside a "moderate" level. Plus so many wildflowers this time of the year!! There's plenty of shade but also definitely a lot of sun.

got to the trailhead at about 16:00. The parking was starting to clear from the Saturday Tony Grove day users. Parking is $7 cash or check. I tend to be a slow hiker, but I made it to the lake just before 19:00, set up camp and enjoyed dinner with a beautiful sunset. Overnight, it was a bit chillier than I had expected, which left me wishing I had restocked the hand warmers in my pack. I packed up and hit the trail back on Sunday, again taking it slow and enjoying the amazing views. I made it back to the car in about 2.5 hrs. splendid trip.

Great trail. Based on my gps, it ended up being about 4 miles in and 4 miles out. If you go up on a weekend, I’d suggest going early, as the parking lot fills up quickly. We had to wait a few minutes for a spot to open up. But the trail was fantastic and views were gorgeous!