White Pine Lake Trail

White Pine Lake Trail is a 7.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Went for a quick morning hike, great trail, lake is beautiful! Paved road to nice parking lot.

The spectacular wildflowers and lovely lake at the end of the trail make this one a "must do". Went on a Saturday, and had lots of company. Low on solitude, but high on friendly people enjoying Mother Nature's gifts

A great 1 or 2 day backpacking adventure! My wife and I did a 2 day trip 20 years ago and I just took 2 of my kids (wife was nice enough to stay back with the younger kids). Great wildflowers and not too difficult with a pack. Don't count on fish for dinner as they seem to be picky. This area seems surprisingly popular for fishing 4 miles in.

Backpacked to this beautiful spot. Worth it.

Backpacked this trail with a group of 12, ranging in age from 11 yrs old to 50, and was a nice variety of difficulty for all. Enjoyed the campground and cooler/cleaner air. Plenty of trees for setting up hammocks as half the group opted to do that. Plan on 2 hrs each way. Many wild flowers, but a couple weeks sooner would've been better. Overall, great hike.

What a fantastic backpacking trail to take four young teenaged grandkids. We had a wonderful two days and a great hike. The weather is fantastic in July, I was even too warm for sleeping!

Only one hill on the way back but otherwise an easy and beautiful hike. Surprised at all the wildflowers. Lake is really pretty.

This was a good, moderate hike in length and difficulty. The flowers were beautiful! Would be a fun place to hike in and camp overnight.

Awesome hike! Did on a weeknight and had the trail primarily to ourselves. Not too tough, great views and great little campgrounds near White Pine Lake. Definitely need to do it again and stay overnight!

Good hike for those looking for a mix between easy but worthwhile. Great hike to go on with friends. Gone about three separate times myself. Never a dull moment.

The wildflowers on this trail are beautiful! The lake itself is a great payoff from this fairly short and sweet hike. This trail is one of the gems of Logan Canyon!

This is a Goldilocks Trail - just the right distance, hard but not too hard, and a great mix of sun and shade. But most of all it was the wildflowers. Oh the wildflowers. Just breathtaking.

Awesome quick day hike/run on our way from SLC to bear lake and beyond. The wild flowers are beautiful! Reminded us of Alta meets the Tusher mountains. Saw some families back packing would be a great long day/over night trip for kids. We were pleased with this adventure it was Beautiful!

This was a great over night for us. My 5 and 2 year old girls loved it. Flowers of all colors everywhere. Peaks above lake are awesome. Not a lot of bugs. I’d give it a 4 if the lake was one you wanted to jump into after a hike and if the trail was less busy. When we hiked in at 6 pm it wasn’t bad but the campground was busy and hiking out the trail was very busy. Still probably my favorite hike in logan canyon.

This is a great hike for families. Our 8 & 6 year olds did it no problem. Easy trail and amazing scenery. Definitely one of our favorites.

Awesome trail. $7 to park at Tony Grove Lake, but well worth the 90 minute hike to White Pine Lake. Our Fitbits had us at about 4.05 miles from parking lot to white pine lake.

The trail wasn’t busy at all, white pine has a handful of dispersed camping sites near the lake. Seemed like a great place to hike out, set up camp and enjoy some peace and quite for a weekend, or however long!

Well maintained. Not too crowded. Beautiful views.

Excellent hike taking about 90 minutes in and a little more out. The steepness of the back portion of the hike is a little challenge but overall it is a beautiful experience.

Excellent for kids. Took my 8YO, wished that I had my 6YO as well. You give up a fair amount of elevation over the last 1.5-ish miles, which means on the hike back out you start with a pretty good climb.

The fee at the trailhead is $7/day and on a weekend they are there collecting.

If you go on a summer Friday or Saturday plan on sharing the trail with multiple scout troops and horse parties.

One of best hikes I have ever done in Utah

If you are an experienced hiker you will find this a pretty easy hike. The only significant elevation is at the beginning and then as you descend to the lake then ascend back. My GPS tracked exactly 4 miles to the lake with a little campground exploration. The views are stunning, birds singing everywhere, but really, if you lived in a place like this, you'd sing too!
We back packed in and it took 2 hours with several stops for pictures, a blister first aid, and drinks. Busy trail but except for the horse poop, it's very pristine. Hikers are taking care to keep it clean. If you come later in the evening on a weekend you might have a hard time finding a camp spot. We arrived at 6:30 and there were several to choose from. We saw only two other groups. But by dusk the place was packed.
Really no firewood unless you go hunt for it and even then a hatchet will be your friend. We found plenty, but it took four of us to go search away from the area both night and morning.
Hardly any bugs, that may change as the summer progresses.
Honestly doesn't get much better than this.
Pack out whatever you pack in!

Great!! Very beautiful hike with more flat hike. Hardest part was the return going back up from the lake, but after that pretty moderate in difficulty.

Beautiful start to finish. Steady uphill grade to the ridge crosses several alpine streams with spectacular Rocky Mountain Vistas. Getting used to the altitude was my biggest challenge. Over the ridge and a series of switchbacks down the other side followed by a steady downhill grade to the lake. Ridiculously beautiful mountain setting for White Pine Lake. Because this location is heavily visited, fire wood is a challenge to find. Suggest backpack food. Caught several brook Trout. Tons of fun fishing. Next morning body was was good with the altitude which made hike out of there much better. Don't underestimate this hike. By the time you get back to Tony's Grove Lake you will be thrashed - but glad you went.

Great trail to take a beginning backpacker. Its easy, beautiful and short. I like to do it at least once a year as a short fun weekend trip.

Camping under mount Magog in the wildflowers was awesome! The lake is pretty neat and we saw some deer at dusk. Lots of good campsites, had no trouble finding one in July.

I have been hiking this with my kids for the last 3 years (they are 9 and 10 now) it is so worth the hike. It's a pretty easy hike with only part of it being intense.

I drive up to Tony Grove to backpack this trail every fall. It's a beautiful drive and a very easy hike. If you get here at the right time, the aspens are all yellow and look outstanding! Descending down to the lake is fun and there are quite a few spots to camp.

Perfect moderation. And the road was amazing up to the trailhead so my old car didn't have a problem.

An easy, beautiful hike!

loved this beautiful hike. some bikers, couple horses but mostly back packers. parking lot gets busy but beautiful lake and hike.