Wheeler Creek and Art Nord Trail Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(230)
Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest

Wheeler Creek and Art Nord Trail Loop is a 4.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Huntsville, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until August.

Distance: 4.7 miles Elevation Gain: 879 feet Route Type: Loop

Beautiful, wide trail. My 4-yr old had no problem hiking it. Great hike for families.

Good hike for families, wide trail. Just be aware of bikes.

This is one of the most beautiful trails I’ve seen, so I get why the parking lot is nuts. Trail was in great condition last evening. Wildflowers sprinkled throughout and a great photo op at every turn. I would consider this an easy trail. Just watch out it for mountain bikers!

LOVED this trail. A green oasis in the middle of the normal browns and greys of Utah. No idea why it is rated Moderate, the incline is very gentle through the entire length of it, and the trail is mostly wide and well-paved. We went in mid-May; the creeks were burbling, the birds were chirping, the bees were buzzing, it was awesome.

This hike is gorgeous! The parking lot/trailhead is absolutely crazy so be prepared to park on the road. Thankfully my brother in law pointed me in the direction of a different trailhead to start this hike. It's super easy as far as elevation gain, but the length can make it more difficult. I saw a few kids not wanting to complete the loop. Lots of mountain bikers, some were great with bells or announcing they were coming, while others were a surprise as they zoomed past us.

I jogged this trail on Sunday May 3rd 2020. Some shade but a good chunk is not shaded. Is a bit rocky. Beautiful views. Great for biking, hiking, running and I would think horse back riding. Easy and family friendly. A big chunk of it as a wide trail. Once you are in the loop part it is much more narrow. The loop has the most shade. A couple of small patches of mud along the loop part but nothing big. Other than that the trail was nice and dry. Great trail!

Fantastic... hiked from the ogden canyon th to the art nord. uphill, but not bad. beautiful up and beautiful down!

Amazing way to get outside super fun !!

Beautiful, quiet trail! Hardly anyone at 7AM on a Tuesday morning during a pandemic :) wonderful wildflowers and a variety of terrain. A bit muddy in spots, but not unmanageable. Overall an excellent hike with a gradual incline. I saw some wild turkeys too!

This was a great hike! Good for all ages, well marked, beautiful views. It has rained recently and parts of the trail were very muddy.

Great trail!! Muddy in some areas but nothing unmanageable!

Super cool trail. Well maintained so you won't get lost. Can get really muddy if it has rained.

Quick hike, warm in the sun and cool in the canyon. Great time of year to check it off the list.

icy

This is normally one of my favorite trails. But this time of year things start getting mucky. The art nord side is pretty muddy. Icebox is snow packed but there’s one steep downhill section that is an ice sheet. We did it in hiking shoes but I wished we had our spikes in that section. Still beautiful and majestic.

recorded Recording - Feb 15, 01:34 PM

Packed snow two weeks after storm. New snow coming tomorrow. Brought snowshoes but didn't need them.

Are dogs allowed off leash?