West Canyon Trail

West Canyon Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Grantsville, Utah that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,456 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Even my fat ass could do it, though my recording drained the hell out of my battery, made it to the end of the trail. Great view up there.

short ride with cutoff up stansbury trail.

Took the kids on this one. The trail was a bit rocky but we enjoyed it.

Wed Oct 10 2018

Nice area, great fall colors right now. couple of nice rock formations.

Tue Oct 09 2018

I wouldn't rate this trail as easy. It was for me but I hike all the time. If you don't, it'll be moderate. The map that is on this app shows the trail going past where the 4 wheeler trail ends, I don't recommend going past it tho. After you get past where that trail ends it's just bushwalking through the trees and their "trail" ends at a cow watering trough. Right where the 4 wheeler trail ends it loops up to the right, that's the best view looking back down the canyon. I was generous rating this a 4. It's close to my house and I'll probably hike and mountain bike this trail more just because it's close to home. I wouldn't recommend driving out here to hike it if you're not from this area. There's better hikes to do out here if you're driving out here to hike.

Mon Nov 27 2017

This was a great hike, however it is a little more moderate than easy.

Sun Apr 30 2017

Really nice hike. The only reason it gets 4 stars is Deseret Peak. They are not on the same level. Beautiful views of Stansbury Island, The Great Salt Lake, and Grantsville. I'm an inexperienced hiker from Florida and would consider this more toward the moderate hike due to the constant uphill hike. Worth every minute spent there though.

Sat Dec 02 2017