Learn more

Wedge Overlook and Buckhorn Draw OHV Trail is a 48.9 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Huntington, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for road biking, scenic driving, and off road driving and is best used from February until October.

Length 48.9 mi Elevation gain 9,786 ft Route type Point to Point

Photos (6)
Recordings (4)
Completed (28)
carol dalton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 6, 2019
Mountain biking

Most of what we did was bike on the gravel road from the recommended turn out to the Overlook. We then found a single track and get a little bit lost. Fun lost. I wish I knew the name of that single track because it was cool for mountain bikes. We were here on a Sunday afternoon and there really wasn’t too much traffic. Every now and then a inconsiderate ATV might pass us and kick up I breathable dust-but it wasn’t frequent.

View carol's Recording
Shanielle Ware
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 9, 2019
Hiking

Mini Grand Canyon with great views. Love that it's not crowded.

Joelle Peterson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 4, 2018

Fantastic view with very few people. Not much shade, but easy access by car, with plenty of hiking options off the road.

Brete Thomas
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 4, 2018
Hiking

This isn't a trail; it's a road. That said it's one of my favorite places ever, but there are cool actual trails in the area. I'm not walking on a freaking dirt road and sucking 4x4 dust all day.

Ashilee Byington
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 30, 2017

So beautiful. Always will be one of my favorite places in my childhood! Worth to go see!

Scott Manfull
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 5, 2016
Hiking

First time in the Swell. Loved the views and loved the hike. I will be exploring this area.

Nick Davis
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 12, 2015
Hiking

Amazing experience! Happy I went. I hiked around Mexican Mountain and some of the washes out there.

Jack Tatsch
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 9, 2013
OHV/Off Road Driving
First to Review

A great drive! I could spend days out there exploring. There is beautiful scenery, Indian Rock Art, a dinosaur track, a dinosaur quarry, and much, much more. I drove through there in 2005, and again in 2011, and am ready to go back. Passenger cars can travel this route. The Wedge Overlook is called "The Grand Canyon of Utah" by some.

Sam Solomon
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 7, 2019
View Sam's Recording
Daniel Rutz
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMarch 31, 2019
View Daniel's Recording
Eric Conner
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 10, 2010
OHV/Off Road Driving