Waterfall Canyon Trail

Waterfall Canyon Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Ogden, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,105 feet Route Type: Out & Back

The view of the waterfall and the valley make this steep hike worth it. There are several trails to explore in this area, just about all of them are clearly marked. Please stay on the trail as there is private property in the surrounding area. This trail is surrounded on both sides by private property. Also, do not climb the rocks near the waterfall, several hikers have fallen to their deaths from the dangerous rocks. Note: Some trails are specifically for hikers, while others are for mountain bikers. You may see people on bikes on the hiking trails, and most people don't seem to mind, but be aware on blind corners that there may be mountain bikers present. Trail conditions will change based on weather; look out for snow and ice.

Kid friendly

private property

Super fun trail, very chill. if you like to climb rocks, the end will definitely add some fun to explore climbing the rock formations. Beautiful sound of water fall all along the way, and keeps you cool as you go along.

Very beautiful view and loved how rocky the trail was. Be cautious of rattlesnakes though. We saw one right on the trail. I also got stung by a bee on the route by stepping right by a bee hive that was underground.

This trail was exactly what I was looking for: a there and back that was quick with a nice view, something to see at the end, but not too easy. This got me sweating and my blood pumping. Mildly rocky, but nothing difficult. Went at 6:30pm, made it up as the sun began to set around 7pm, got to really see the full sky colors on the way back down. Gorgeous at the top, sun hit the waterfall in unique ways. Heard and saw a rattlesnake on the way down, so something to think about! Would do again!

solid hike. i don’t feel it should be “hard”. first 1/2 is easy. 2nd portion is pretty straightforward. no ropes or scrambles. follows the stream. waterfall is nice. like to try it after a rain.

private property

I’ve been trying to complete this hike for years, but usually have to turn back because of its difficulty for my young kids. Well this time we left the youngest with grandma and went at about 3pm. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery and it was a dog friendly trail. The first part of the trail is in the sun and so it was hotter, but once we got into the rocky shaded area, it was a cooler walk the rest of the way. Unfortunately there was a bees nest that we came upon that had been stirred up and 8 out of our group of 10 were stung several times. We ran into many others who had been stung also. So I’d recommend caution for the next little while to anyone attempting this trail. Other than the bees, the trail was definitely worth the waterfall view at the end.

One of my favorite trails in the area. I completed it with my 4 year old and 6 year old, but it was tough for them at time and we took breaks. The first bit is hard, because it's uphill and unshaded, but we went early enough that it wasn't too hot. The waterfall at the end is just gorgeous. Definitely considered dog friendly.

Very beautiful trail. A little overpopulated, but it’s the weekend. I would suggest going on a weekday. The rocks are a bit tough to climb, but overall the waterfall is well worth it.

bees

private property

The waterfall is very beautiful and seems like a prize for hiking up the trail.

private property

This is a great go-to for seeing a spectacular waterfall in the Ogden area. The trail becomes rocky with lots of loose rocks during the latter half. Highly recommend!