Waterfall Canyon Trail via Ogden Park

Waterfall Canyon Trail via Ogden Park is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ogden, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful and relatively easy hike to see a waterfall. A very nice, kid friendly hike into Waterfall Canyon. Go during Spring to get the best views of the waterfall.

This trail has been a staple in my family for more than 40 years. The yummiest way to treat the kids for their work and adventuring attitudes has always been "backpack" homemade icecream that they made in their backpacks, without any extra effort and enjoying the fruits of their hardwork at the top near the waterfall. We have always packed a small lunch as well just for extra incentive for the littles. the backpack icecream is amazing by the way. look up on google to check it out! 30 years later and our kids still remember the special treats THEY made themselves just by hiking and their backpacks naturally shaking the cream and ice. The hike itself is easy to moderate and generally takes no longer than a couple of hours. plenty of places to take a breather and fresh water to drench a bandana to cool yourself off if you get heated. Don't forget to bring your water though!

Beautiful trail!

Once you get in the canyon pretty shady. I would suggest early morning so you are shaded while on the face of the mountain

nice trail with a beautiful waterfall at the top. We hiked it on 2017 June 3rd. it was a bit strep in a couple of parts on the descent as we had a 5 month old baby in a carrier, but we managed. it took us about 2.25 hours at a fairly steady pace.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

This is my second time hiking this trail and it was definately a little easier than the first time. I was with my children and grandchildren. My grandkids powered through and really loved it. It also helped that they got to play in the water when we made it to the top.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Took 3 children between the ages of 8 and 11, they absolutely loved this hike. You'll be hiking about 70% of the time in the shade. Trail gets a little steep but the kids didn't have any problems with that. Great workout, beautiful view & waterfall. There is also the option for a zip line adventure.

Here's the info for the zip line adventure I've found: www.utahadventurecenter.com/index.html

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Sooooooo HOT! Bring lots of water!!!

Sunday, May 14, 2017

This was our very first hike. It was definitely a little more challenging than we expected, but we loved it. It took every ounce of energy we could muster up, but it was worth it. The people we came across were very nice and encouraging. I think they could see we were struggling. We loved it. We definately plan on hiking this trail again.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Nice vertical, great view of Ogden and lots of friendly people. Water is cool and refreshing too!

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Nice hike to a large trickle waterfall. Looks pretty cool in the winter!

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

short, quick hike. Good hike though.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Great short hike with gradual elevation gain. Hiked it in the snow and didn't need to use our snowshoes but it was a little icy. The waterfall is frozen and well worth the hike!

Saturday, November 12, 2016

A little bit more difficult than I thought, since I'm for San Antonio, TX. Overall, it was a great workout and other hikers are around to make sure you're going on the right direction. Beautiful scenery!

Monday, September 19, 2016

Short, rocky hike. A little steep, so you still feel the burn. Rewards a plenty at the top, great views and an awesome waterfall.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Rocky at the top, but well worth it!

Monday, June 26, 2017