Waterfall Canyon Trail

Waterfall Canyon Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ogden, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a great hike for people of all ages. There are a few places where there are loose rocks, but most people in fair physical condition should be able to navigate this trail. The view of the waterfall and the valley makes it well worth it. There are several trails to explore in this area, just about all of them are clearly marked. Note: some trails are specifically for hikers, others are for mountain bikers. You may see people on bikes on the hiking trails, and most people don't seem to mind, but be aware on blind corners that there may be mountain bikers present. Trail conditions will change based on weather; look out for snow and ice.

my son took me on this hike. It was a work out for me but I really enjoyed the scenery.

Nice falls, was on all fours toward the end.

Hiked this mid July and started around noon. Start of trail you are more exposed. Then shade for majority of trail. With a 1 and 2y/o we took our time due to heat. Scenery beautiful and would have appreciated a few more signs.

This is a favorite hike for our family. The waterfall is impressive. Try it in the winter if you haven’t! It’s a good workout and a fair climb but my young kids have all been able to do it.

Beautiful hike! If you go in the morning you can avoid the afternoon/weekend rush, as well as the heat. The trail has plenty of shade half way up.

Great trail but a little too busy for my liking...

streams. rocks. snakes. bees. wild berries. shade. waterfall. what's not to love?

Had a pretty good time on this trail was a bit tougher then I expected at the beginning but once I hit the rocky area it got a lot easier for me!

This has always been one of my favorite hikes. Even though the trail is not terribly long, it is a pretty steady incline up to the waterfall. It is well shaded, making it a perfect hike for any time of day, and the falls at the top are nice and cool and absolutely lovely. The farther you go, the rockier and steeper the path gets, but with decent shoes or hiking sandals, it can be done within about two hours.

I love this hike. Trail is pretty easy to follow. Good workout. Lovely view. Towards the ends you have to deal with lots of rocks.

Decent hike, great view

Beautiful hike! Me and my 11 yo and 8 yo did it with me. The 2nd half is steep but the waterfall is so worth it.

We hiked this on a very hot summer day. We believe if we had done this in the early morning, we would feel differently. A beautiful waterfall at the end, but for us, in the middle of July, it was hot and dusty but enjoyed the falls.

Super fun hike! My kids, ages 4 and 5 made the hike without any help but it was definitely challenging!

Beautiful hike with great scenery!!! Pretty steep trail! My legs were screaming at me by the time we made it to the falls!!!

Hot, bring water.

Loved this trail. It was a bit difficult at times but the scenery was amazing and the waterfall was better than I expected, gorgeous! My nine year old and I made the journey in about an hour and a half.

It’s a good workout. Legs get burning when you have to step up several times on the second half of the trail.

Nice hike with a beautiful waterfall. The trail maintains a pretty good degree of ascent, but isn't overly demanding. The final portion is the most strenuous, but definitely worth the effort.

Good family hike with my wife, and children (18, 16, and 10). But don’t get fooled, it’s not for the out of shape. Passed several people I worried weren’t going to make it. This hike gets vertical very quickly and just before the waterfall, gets steep and slippery. Lots of people and almost as many dogs (please clean up after your dogs). Still worth it though, great views.

beautiful day, great hike!

Great first hike of the season, took our young daughter, she loved it.

The most beautiful and physically brutal hike in all of Ogden! Great exercise and the best pay off visually!

Lots bigger than I imagined! Beautiful! Fun climb to the top.

Awesome in winter with the falls all frozen, you need crampons on the way down though.

Short hike great for family although the top section is very rocky and has some loose rock that can be slick.

Good trail, little rocky and bigger steps at the top. Good for the family (not older grandparents though).

Did this trail with my little family today (Husband, 10 yr old son, 1 yr old daughter and myself). It was fun with lots of beautiful views! Watch out for them snakes though...we ran into one.
Def worth the hike up to the top. I would recommend beginning late afternoon / early evening so you can watch the sunset on the way back down. We will be going again for sure!!

Perfect morning hike before it gets too hot midday. Definitely worth the slightly rocky terrain once you get to the falls. Will definitely do this hike again

Great hike for a late spring day. Elevation gain is 1259 feet, but the waterfall at the end of the trail is worth the climb. Saw lots of dogs and people of all ages on the trail.