Waterfall Canyon Trail

Waterfall Canyon Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ogden, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

200 ft. Waterfall, Great Scenery, Ogden Valley Overlook This is a great hike for people of all ages. There are a few places where there are loose rocks, but most people in fair physical condition should be able to navigate this trail. The view of the waterfall and the valley makes it well worth it. There are several trails to explore in this area, just about all of them are clearly marked. Note: some trails are specifically for hikers, others are for mountain bikers. You may see people on bikes on the hiking trails, and most people don't seem to mind, but be aware on blind corners that there may be mountain bikers present.

1 hour ago

Wonderful hike! Beautiful views! Great workout getting up to the waterfall. Can’t wait to do this again when the waterfall is frozen!

Hiked last Saturday. Really nice at top. Can have a picnic if you don't mind the dirt. This is the 2nd time I have done this hike.

A bit rough and very steep in some spots. This is more a difficult than moderate trail if you're not a hiker. Plenty spots to stop and take a breather if needed. Lots of dogs on the trail and owners don't pick up after them, that was disappointing the smell and the mess. Overall an okay hike.

I took this trail for a quick midday hike on my lunch break. Was not disappointed. The frozen waterfall was beautiful and melting a bit. I got to see some nice sized chucks of ice break off during my stop. It was still pretty snow/slush packed so I’m glad I brought my boot chains and poles.

So pretty. The frozen waterfall was gorgeous! Wear spikes for sure.

Short but sweet hike, moderate uphill the majority of the way but worth it for the waterfall.

Hiked this on 23 Feb after 6" fresh snow. Crampons were a must. Frozen waterfall even prettier than expected.

Did this with my three year old. She loved the frozen waterfall. She thought it was Elsa's castle.

Great hike up the mountain. Gets a little icy and rocky toward the top, but the frozen waterfall was amazing!!

Great hike. the frozen waterfall was awesome.

My siblings and I did this not to long ago, loved it! It was amazing and the frozen waterfall was one of the coolest things I've seen. Make sure to wear good shoes with lots of grip still plenty of snow.

Fun for the kids. Decently strenuous

Fun little short hike. Hardly any ice. The trail was pretty well snow packed. You will want Yak Tracks. The frozen waterfall is gorgeous!

I did this hike on Jan 13. It was clear trail up to the first bridge then the trail was covered in ice from there on up.
I did the whole hike up to the top of the waterfall with out spikes on my shoes, definitely would of been helpful, and if you have them they are recommended. But like I said I didn't and I did just fine. Slipped a couple time coming down but luckily nothing bad.

Always a perfect and fairly easy hike, all seasons of the year!

Amazing view of Ogden and the waterfall is beautiful!! Steeper than I thought it would be especially close to the top, spikes highly recommended!

I just moved to the area. I borrowed my friends Yaktrax and they were a must have for the trail! Took about 2 hours roundtrip.

Hiked this on Jan. 13. Started a bit after 11 am at the 29th street trailhead. The trail was pretty clear up until the first bridge, then after that you NEED SPIKES on your shoes to safely go up and come down the trail.

My 1 1/2 year old lab came with me. I put “musher’s mush” on her paws when it got icy to help with the cold ice. She did great going up, but coming down was a bit harder for her (with no spikes), but as long as she went on the side of the trail she was okay for the most part. Also there is running water in the stream for pups to drink out of. I brought her water and she never drank any of it.

Pretty moderate hike. Not too easy, but not too difficult. I would definitely recommend SPIKES to do this trail - some folks had just the chains and said it was pretty hard to do with those.

it's a nice hiking trail for the family and friends

Did this hike today, January 6. It's not too long, and the view of the frozen waterfall at the end is definitely worth it!

We were grateful that we brought our snowshoes.... not the ideal gear to have on such a rocky trail, but it was way better than nothing. We couldn't have made it up without them!

Our dog made it up with us as well. There were a few slippery spots for her but she was a champ!

Super icy make sure to wear spikes or chains on your shoes!

Very steep and it gets icy at the top. Waterfall is frozen now. Well do it again next summer.

super fun.....it is very steep but absolutely beautiful....and I solo hike a lot and this trail is very comfy to solo hike on....i would suggest a hiking pole though

amazing!!!

amazing!!!

Beautiful hike the whole way up to the falls.

It was a beautiful hike! The only thing is that the trail that takes you to the waterfall goes on a private trail that is not dog friendly. The people that own the property have people on 4-wheelers that will threaten you with a ticket if you don't put a leash on your dog and go back.

Quick hike and gorgeous at the top. Easy stunner!

beautiful views of golf course, the city, and the forests on the trail up. rocky near the top but was fun to scramble up. been to waterfall in spring, summer, and fall. spring is the best for waterfall, fall is great to see the changes in the leaves. great little hike. kinda busy at peak times

busy but neat

Lovely. It could be very peaceful with the water trickling down alongside the trail. It's pretty busy though, lots of kids/teens hiking so it's a bit noisy.