Waterfall Canyon Trail

Waterfall Canyon Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ogden, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

200 ft. Waterfall, Great Scenery, Ogden Valley Overlook This is a great hike for people of all ages. There are a few places where there are loose rocks, but most people in fair physical condition should be able to navigate this trail. The view of the waterfall and the valley makes it well worth it. There are several trails to explore in this area, just about all of them are clearly marked. Note: some trails are specifically for hikers, others are for mountain bikers. You may see people on bikes on the hiking trails, and most people don't seem to mind, but be aware on blind corners that there may be mountain bikers present.

Good hike with some challenging little climbs

this trail is a summer go to. it can get steep at times but my kids and I love it!

This was my first time doing this hike. The first part was very hot, no shade at all. Once you get into the canyon it's very beautiful and you hike up along the trail. My dogs loved playing in the water. The waterfall is far more beautiful then I expected. There was still some snow at the base of the waterfall and I had a light long sleeve shirt that was nice since it was a but chilly at the top. I headed up around noon and was back to my car at 1:30. Fairly moderate hike and one I definitely recommend!

Absolutely beautiful

A bit too steep for my 4 year old. It was pretty crowded since the weather was really warm. I'd definitely do it again sans my 4 year old.

Nice and clear all the way to the waterfall. Awesome hike

A beautiful morning hike to a frozen waterfall never disappoints!! Bring your micospikes, it's icy for a good part of the hike.

Took my family on our first hike of the year. There is still some snow on the trail past the bridge but we had a great time.

it was a fun hike! We went when it was about 45° and it was a little icy at times. But nothing too bad! It is Letty hard in the snow without snowshoes, but manageable. The frozen waterfall is worth it 100%!!!!
One thing I will warn about is, please don't go too close to the waterfall, or let your pups too close. We saw some pretty large pieces fall off on 2/4/17. So just be safe, and enjoy the sight! :)

This short popular hike in Weber County is a great one to do in the winter and summer, it's like two completely different hikes. I had the hike pegged at about 3.2 miles round trip and 950 ft elevation gain. It took us about 2 hrs 20 minutes with the descent taking about half as long as the ascent. The trail is extremely busy in the summer and is still fairly busy for a winter hike but manageable. We went on a warm day and the snow was very slushy and as a result I would say that wet feet are better than heavy boots for this hike. The waterfall is incredible and towers high overhead and at the time we were there was dropping chunks of ice as it was overly warm for the season. All in all great hike for the family and be extra nice to this trail as it is on private land. Don't want to lose access.