Wall Street and Queens Garden Loop to Peekaboo Loop (Figure Eight Trail)

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow Star(293)
Bryce Canyon National Park

Wall Street and Queens Garden Loop to Peekaboo Loop (Figure Eight Trail) is a 6.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bryce, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

Distance: 6.3 miles Elevation Gain: 1,499 feet Route Type: Loop

cave

NOTE: As of May 2020, most of these trails are closed due to COVID-19.

Fantastic

This trail is my favorite of all my NPS hikes. Wear hiking boots, bring water and a snack and prepare for all conditions. The hike is moderate in difficulty, because there is a lot of loose red dirt. This trail is easy to access - so can be very crowded. The views from the canyon are amazing - very fantasy or cartoon like!

queens garden is open however Wall St and Navajo loop is closed from the top and bottom as of 6th May.

icy

Fantastic trail that gets you away from the crowds. You'll need crampons to do this in the winter. We started on Queens Garden then clockwise around the Peekaboo Loop and up Navajo to finish. In hindsight I wish we had started down Navajo because of the slope, but it was a good workout. We tried to extend our hike up to Bryce Point from Peekaboo but turned around halfway up due to steep slopes and icy conditions. The entire route is gorgeous. Everything you could want from a Bryce Canyon hike!

Beautiful hike! hardly anyone on the trails. unfortunately Wall Street was closed. Socks got a little wet but all in all a painfully beautiful hike. Highly recommend! Was able to do the figure 8 then add in the tower bridge on the way out.

We did this bypassing Wall Street but still passed through Sunset and Sunrise points. It was under heavy snowfall the whole time. Very challenging for me. I am 62 and my Achilles tendon took a beating from walking in the fo It plus if snow. The amphitheatre was not visible so we decided to do this trail to see what we could up close. Unbelievable views at every turn. The snow just made it that not immediate. We did take a couple of wrong turns but this trail is very clearly marked. Danger of getting lost is minimal even in snow. There are some steep ascents and being from New Orleans, the elevation rendered me out of breath quite often. But we made it and it was well worth it. It took us at least 7 to eight hours! I would classify it as strenuous in snow. I can't comment on a clean trail.

Did this hike on Christmas Day and what can I say. I think we passed one person the entire way. Had about 2 feet of snow on the ground but the trail was packed in. Crampons was a must. Temperature was in the teens but air was perfectly still. Was the most magical hike I've ever done.

Did this yesterday- STUNNING. But you need to be in decent shape. Peekaboo Loop is incredible. Go clockwise (left at the junction) so you approach Wall of Windows from the southeast. Our path was to park at Sunrise, short walk to Sunset, then hike DOWN Wall Street to Navajo, Navajo to Peekaboo, when you finish Loop go to Queens Garden, come up to finish at Sunrise. You can pop off to see Bridges if you want. You miss Thors Hammer doing it like this. It’s a lot of short steep elevation changes but not technically challenging.

I absolutely recommend this figure 8 hike to get the best of what Bryce Canyon has to offer. I agree more with All Trails rating of moderate rather than park maps indicating strenuous. We logged about 7 miles total. Peekaboo Loop and Wall Street, specifically, are not to be missed!

Awesome views the whole time. Listed as strenuous but not that bad. Top 5 hike all time I think.

Very pretty hike. Covers most of scenic and popular spots of park. Well maintained but no shaded trails so plan for sufficient water. There were many spots which were so pretty and wide across horizon that camera can not capture all details. Stay on trail and be safe as there are steep cliffs off trails

good workout with limited shade. parts of peek a boo are shared with a horse trail which requires you to stop and wait for them to pass as well as walk around their waste for a while. great views

Hermoso lugar great hike

Wall street has an amazing variety of colors when the light is right. It reminded me Antelope Canyon in AZ.

Gorgeous views! Peekaboo loop and the climb up to sunrise point were our favorite parts.

Peekaboo was great!! Wall Street was a bit busy with people doing the initial loop. The trail is really smooth with a couple tough inclines. Other than that we had a great time.

We followed the clockwise route for Peekaboo. Recommend highly. Hiking poles were helpful for mildly bad knees. One of the most interesting landscapes I've encountered.

Competed the trail vis horseback, which was an amazing way to view Bryce Canton.

Navajo Loop was closed so doubled back on Queens garden trail. peekaboo loop has some good, challenging incline and stunning views the entire way. Bring lots of water!

Mon May 20 2019

beautiful hike. go early and bring water and snacks and sunblock. good elevation change. it gets hot and crowded later in day.

Sat Apr 27 2019

Open but Navajo and sunset trail still closed. Amazing landscape.

Fri Apr 05 2019

FYI I attempted to do this hike on 4/3/19. All the trails are closed except for the rim trail. You cannot get down to Peekaboo. Queens Garden, Wall Street and Two Bridges are completely closed off. There were several rock and snow slides along the trails, making them impassable. It will be several weeks, probably in to May before they are open.