Wall Lake is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.5 miles Elevation Gain: 147 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

Perfect easy trail to do an overnighter when you can get off work until 5 on Friday! A super flat little over a mile in. Then once you camp you can do a day hike, to a 360 view that passes a bunch of smaller lakes. Fish were good sized too!

This was a great hike. It is two trails that they make into a loop so does take some simple trail finding skills. Great for with pups. There is lots of water but minimal shade.

We took our 13 year old boys for a couple night stay. The hike is fairly easy, trails are mostly visible and easy to follow. There are a lot of people on day hikes that don't mind walking right through your camp. Fishing was fun and we caught quite a few very small fish. We ended up camping at one of the three divide lakes as Clyde was so crazy busy and found a little peace from the constant people. BUT, we started noticing Bear droppings around our camp on the 1st night and I woke to a Bear in our camp on the second night. I am from Utah, so this isn't new to me, but I spoke to a few regulars and they were not expecting visitors like that. The Bear didn't argue with leaving our camp when I yelled, but I wanted to get the word out so people can be prepared. The local Bear is not intimidated by you and you should be sure to take all needed Bear precautions. Beautiful hike and great for kids. Lots of dogs and lots of people, but you can tuck yourself away if you really want to. Don't be surprised when people and Bears pass by your front door.

Nice easy trail. There were lots of mosquitos, but we used the wipes that last for 10hrs, they worked great. Not much wood for a fire but lots of sites to pick from. Really pretty lake, just wish the fishing was better.

Even with repellent the mosquitoes were unbearable! Cliff jumping and swimming were awesome however, and the scramble up to the Notch was nice. Took my 5 children on their first backpacking trip, most of them enjoyed it.

Easy trail and nice distance which takes you back to a beautiful lake where there is even cliff jumping. Unfortunately I wasnt able to enjoy any of it since the mosquitoes wouldnt take any breaks. For the 13 hours or so that we were there, we were nonstop attacked by mosquitoes. Wanted to enjoy my stay here a little more but with so many mosquitoes out right now, we didnt see it possible and left.

One of my favorite easy trails in the Uintas. It’s a short hike, currently has a lot of run off and snowpack on the trail. Is definitely hikable if you’re prepared with waterproof shoes/boots! Perfect temperature right now in the mornings and a beautiful hike.

Covered in snow and was not able to hike the trail

Love this hike. Easy, fantastic views.

Sat Oct 20 2018

Took my girls, 9 and 14 on this great hike. Snow and mud on most of the trial but still very fun. Beautiful views everywhere you look. Once we reach the lake we went straight to fishing. Got a couple of beautiful rainbows. We only saw a few people all day. We were the only ones at the lake. Great time!

Mon Sep 03 2018

My group and I were planning on backpacking to Ibantik lake but because it was windy and cold...and we got lost twice, we decided to camp at Wall Lake instead. It was well worth it! The hike there was easy. The path was well paved. I do suggest using the map provided by AllTrails bc the trailhead was hidden and there’s no signs pointing to the lake. Since we arrived at 4pm, there were plenty of space left. The next day, when we got back to the car at noon, it was completely full. People were parking at the overflow area. Also, bring $6 in cash to park. If you’re looking to camp at Wall lake, there are plenty of camp sites already set up with fire pits.

Thu Aug 16 2018

My wife and I went on our first backpacking trip to Wall Lake. She is a few months pregnant and the trail was easy for her with a few breaks here and there.

Sun Aug 12 2018

Wall Lake was awesome for swimming. There are some really fun “cliffs” to jump off for our younger kids. The trail was pretty easy as advertised. The only drawback is that there are a lot of people. If you are looking for solitude. This may not be the best hike for you. We will go back!

Tue Jul 31 2018

Lots of people but a lot less people than staying at Trial. It's a pretty hike and easy for the kids. Decent fishing too. :)

Mon Jul 30 2018

Great hike. No mosquitoes

Sat Jul 14 2018

Love this trail! Perfect for beginners! the lake is beautiful and you can continue on if you choose to other destinations from the lake. Tons of places to camp around the lake. Lots of trees perfect for hammocking too. We took our one year old and our friends brought their 18 month old. The kids loved it. Beware, TONS OF MOSQUITOS! Everything else was perfect!

Sat Jul 07 2018

Great for first timers

Sun Jul 01 2018

Good first time backpacking trip for a 6 and 10 year old as it is only a mile and not much elevation change. There is a lot of traffic on this trail and not too much parking. Mosquitoes are out so bring spray. The nights are still in the low 40's so dress accordingly.

Thu Jun 28 2018

This is a great hike for beginners and those who like crowds. We took our little kids (as young as 3) on this hike and they did fine. We camped out from Friday-Saturday, and the only thing that was thicker than the amount of people were the mosquitos. Bring lots of bug-spray and maybe a net to keep the bugs off, and you'll be fine. We found that there were so many people up there that you were camped so close to everyone else, you might as well have been in an established KOA campground. Not a bad hike, not bad for fishing (small brook trout), but very well traveled, and LOTS of hikers.

Sun Jun 24 2018

Good overnight trip for those who want to "test the waters" of backpacking. Hike is not difficult, the fishing and sights are great. Lots of spots to set up, but this early in the year it's pretty wet. Not many people, but tons of mosquitoes.

Thu Jun 21 2018

Easy, fast hike. Not busy at all during the week. We shared the entire lake with one other couple and we only saw them once. Mosquitoes are horrendous right now so be prepared

Sun Jun 17 2018

First time there for a quick overnighter with my kids. Nice hike only took 30 - 40 minutes. Didn't see another soul from Thursday evening until Friday afternoon. Plenty of great campgrounds around the lake, which I'm sure will be busy mid-summer. There were still a few patches of snow. They'll probably be gone in a week or so. Also hiked up near The Notch. Didn't make it all the way, but the view over Wall Lake was incredible. Will definitely return. Dropped the rating a star because of the mosquitos.

Fri Jun 15 2018

Perfect first time backpacking with kids.

Fri Jan 05 2018

Nice easy hike. Lake is prettier in the spring when the reservoir is fullest