Utah Highway 12 Scenic Byway: Section 1 - Red Canyon to Escalante

Utah Highway 12 Scenic Byway: Section 1 - Red Canyon to Escalante is a 59.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Panguitch, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for nature trips, birding, and scenic driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

scenic driving

This is a beautiful driving tour. Many places to stop for scenic photos. While dogs can travel in your vehicle, not all hiking trails are dog friendly.

scenic driving

We drove from where 12 starts at 89 to the turn off for Kodachrome Basin State Park. Since we did not drive all this in one go, I uploaded a partial recording so I could sync some pictures to the road (but the pics may not be part of the recorded area).

scenic driving

Very scenic road with great scenic overlooks.

I went to all the major NP' this week and the drives to and from have been unreal. I'm always on a timetable yet I find myself pulling over to take a pic lol

Driving through this area I just had to pull over at the visitors center and check it out. I didn't plan on this detor, but I kept saying, I want to see what is just around this corner, or just around that rock for it was all so very beautiful. I ended up hiking around here for over a half hour, and I have it on my list to go back and do more of it for it was surprisingly great area. Here is my blog post if you want to see some pictures. http://shaunasadventures.blogspot.com/2018/01/?m=1

scenic driving

Variety of changing landscapes with lots of opportunities for photos. It's deemed one of the best scenic drives in America for a reason - don't miss it!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Beautiful route with tons of photo opps. If you're visiting any of the area parks, you'll find yourself driving this route automatically!

Friday, April 21, 2017

Just excellent scenery for a drive by but better for access to great hiking.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

awesome all the way

Friday, November 04, 2016

Rock formations in Utah are awesome....

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Very nice drive

Saturday, June 21, 2014

A very pretty drive!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Great place to visit! Bryce Canyon NP near the west end, Kodachrome Basin SP, Grosvenor Arch along the way.

Friday, November 02, 2012