Upper Falls

Upper Falls is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Provo, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Upper Falls is about a half a mile from the Upper Falls Park in Provo Canyon. The trail head is located just off of the Provo River Trail on the other side of the river from the park. The trail is fairly easy and can be done by most. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

Awesome lesser known hike to an incredible waterfall. Did the hike with four kids under 8. Shaded and far less crowded than most hikes in Provo.

We parked past Bridal Veil Falls and walked across a bridge. The hike is a little steep and rocky, but the waterfall is beautiful and we were the only ones there, so it was nice and peaceful.

Great hike, one of my favorites although it can be a little steep for younger people.

climbed this with my 7mo old in a backpack and it wasn't too strenuous. there are lots of loose rocks, but it's not that steep and doesn't take too long to reach the falls

I love the hike. It's not a long hike. I took my 2 year old. It's not an easy trail for toddlers. It's kinda a steep hike with loose rocks closer to the falls. there is no sign where the trail begins. I took a pick where the trail begin and upload it. I hope this helps.

We decided to drive past the Bridal Veils parking and past the Upper Falls Park, and we finally parked near the water facility to cut some of the mileage off the hike. We didn't have much time, and we had 8 kids between the ages of 6-14 with us. I think this made the total hike a little over a mile.

We found the trail behind some concrete buildings. It is really steep and has very tricky, rocky footing. I considered giving this hike 3 stars because of the whining it produced in a couple of the kids. But the fall is really pretty and dramatic. But climbing over the shifting rocks and trees to get to it near the base made it hard to enjoy the water. But overall, we enjoyed the experience. Maybe we'll go back when the kids are older.

The hardest part was finding the trail! Just follow the Parkway past Bridal Veil Falls, and maybe a half-mile down from there you will see a small, concrete, and graffitied building. The trail is right next to it, pretty small, but clearly marked. Most of the distance you cover is the Parkway, so it is an easy hike. The little bit on the trail isn't too hard either, though you will actually be hiking.

Upper falls is closed for construction