Upper Bells Canyon Reservoir via Bells Canyon Trail

Upper Bells Canyon Reservoir via Bells Canyon Trail is a 8.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sandy, Utah that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Wonderful hike!

Hard hike today, still lots of snow towards the upper reservoir. Trail was mostly visible until the you reach the deep snow. Had to post hole last bit of the trail with micro spikes. Overall great time and will do it again!

An awesome ass buster trail. those last couple of miles are killer but keep moving. it's worth it!!

Great trail to access Lone Peak and South Thunder. Trail to Upper Bells Resevoir is fairly easy then route finding to continue on.

This hike will push you hard because it totally sneaks up on you. The first couple miles are just kinda meh, but then comes the last mile. That’s where you begin the climb. We did this hike on the end of September so the snow began to be problematic, as the trail is almost non existent from 3000 feet up. Just stick close to the river and you should be able to figure out where the heck you’re going.

Steep, glad I had trekking poles.

Woke up this morning to go on this hike I've been planning on. Start off super easy. See the lake big deal. See the water fall that's on everyone's Instagram. Then after that I found a super dope place that was all green and shady with big rocks. Then I pretty much got lost from there because I kept getting distracted on my way up. Long story short, found my way to where you climb rocks and I had to go back because of time and on the way down I found the trail and it was super easy. Wish I hadn't got lost because I would've made it. Anyways doing it again soon. It was awesome!!!! 7/27/2017

Monday, June 01, 2015