Under the Natural Bridges Loop

Under the Natural Bridges Loop is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Blanding, Utah that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

This is the 9 mile hike into White Canyon that takes you under all 3 natural bridges.  After a stop at the visitor's center, start around the loop road.  Pass the turnout marked "Sipapu Bridge Viewpoint" and stop at the turnout for "Sipapu Bridge Trailhead".  Descend into the canyon via stairs and ladders to visit Sipapu Bridge, then head south (ish) along the canyon past Horsecollar ruins, Katchina Bridge and Owachomo Bridge.  At the Owachomo Bridge Trailhead, take the Mesa Trail almost directly back to your vehicle.

This is a 9.6 mile hike. It was super fun. It took us 6 hours to complete with a small rest at every single bridge plus all 3 petroglyphs. This trail is extremely well marked for not being maintained. We had so much fun but I would not recommend doing this
In the middle of summer. We went in late April and I thought the weather was perfect, any hotter and I think it would be too much. There are 3 petroglyphs along the trail. The first is on the trail and super hard to miss, the second is slightly off the second bridge, and third is hidden away. If you are walking from Kachina Bridge/Second Bridget to Owachomo/Third Bridge you will see a big Rock to your right on top of the canyon and this will signal where the petroglyphs roughly are. When making a curve you’ll see a large dead tree and this is when you should look up or you’ll miss them. We would have missed them if not for some other helpful hikers that told us to be on the look out. Regardless it was a fantastic hike and if you are in well enough shape and have the time should give it a try.

You can do this loop starting and ending at any of the trailheads in Natural Bridges National Monument, but I chose to park at Owachomo (so I wouldn't have to drive the whole monument scenic loop at the end). I went clockwise, which meant that I did have to climb up the steep exit from the canyon at Sipapu and then walk the 2.2 miles across the mesa at the end. That was OK, but I suspect it might be easier to do it in the counterclockwise direction and come up at Owachomo. On the other hand, I think I would rather climb up the ladders at Sipapu than climb down them. In any case, this was a great hike, with spectacular scenery. I saw only two other people on the trail the whole loop. The trail is very well marked in some places, and in other places, not so much. It was especially confusing after going under Katchina bridge, where it was not immediately obvious which was the right canyon to go down, but all in all, I never felt lost for more than a couple of minutes.

Park at Owachomo Bridge parking lot and take the loop trail north, across the top of the Mesa. Doing it in the opposite direction is going to make it "unpleasant", as the park ranger put it. She's right.

We hiked the loop trail in early November. Bring water. Took about 5 hours. We did lots of stopping and staring.

The trail is pretty well marked. Down in the canyon it's warmer and very sandy. You go through a lot of underbrush.

On the whole, very rewarding hike with some amazing scenery.