Twin Lakes Trail

Twin Lakes Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

Parking at the Silver Lakes Information center

Actually we started with the intention of going to Lake Solitude, but went up the trail for Twin Lakes instead. We did this back in September of this year. We weren't sure how the snow would make the hiking experience different as we are new to hiking. We actually ended up liking hiking up in the snow as when there was no snow on the trail, it was a bit hard to traverse up on the trail on the stones, pebbles and boulders on the trail. It seemed in some parts of the trail there was up to a foot of snow. But, there were some sections that were a bit slushy or slippery, so walking sticks or the snow cleats may be helpful. I am quite a slow hiker, so going up took about 1 hr 45 min and about 50 minutes to go down.

Beautiful hike with just enough snow right now. It's all pretty much uphill so it's a nice workout but not too challenging.

Seeing a frozen Silver Lake right at the beginning was an added bonus!

a little bit of snow and ice patches to walk through to the dam but the trail covered with leaves is beautiful!

Short and easy. Peaceful!

Heavily trafficked is an understatement! But the lake and views is amazing.

Definitely moderate. The entire stretch from Silver Lake to Twin Lake is uphill and rocky. Twin Lake itself isn't super big, but it has a beautiful view.

Started at Silver Lake, then on to Solitude Lake, then on to Twin Lakes for 3.8 miles in about an hour and a half moving time and 994 elevation change for these two 60-ish out of shape folks. The climb down from Twin Lakes was less pleasant than the other 2.5 miles; we will just reverse next time. Sights above Twin Lakes were great, the views and vistas between Twin Lakes and Solitude Lake awesome.

Beautiful trail. Our group saw Moose, marmots and squirrels. Short hike, perfect for the shortening evenings of late summer. Altitude may bother you if you haven't hiked the are before. But nice, short, after-work challenge.

Great trail, took the kids was a little tough towards the end but well worth it.

I would not call this an Easy trail. It is STEEP for nearly the entire 1.2 miles in. The wildflowers were spectacular though.

Beautiful trail with many animals to see. I would rate it as Moderate (not easy) due to quite a few steep uphills.

Good easy trail and if you combine it with want of the peaks around it you can easily add to the challenge, easiest of them all is Mount Evergreen right next to the lake and dam but from close to the summit you will have a view of Solitude Lake on one side and Twin Lakes on the other! Happy trails

We loved this hike. It's gorgeous with the mountainside full of wild flowers, beautiful pines and quakies. When we made it to the top to see Twin Lakes, it was breathtaking. So worth It!

For about the last 1 1/2 miles, it is challenging with a steep grade and a rocky trail. This hike should be listed as moderate, rather than easy.

This hike is absolutely amazing. If you plan on going on this hike do not give up at the beginning. This Hike can be steep for about a mile of your hike, but is well worth the view/lake. If you want to take the loop back around go on the trail to solitude lake. This will eventually take you back to silver lake.

Was about a 5.5 Mile hike all around there, and back.

great hike to pretty lake and view. moderate effort up. I didn't return on this trail but connected over to Solitude.

Twin Lakes is a beautiful hike this time of year with the wildflowers in bloom. We saw many flowers along the trail today including Rocky Mountain Columbine, Blue Bells, various penstemon varieties, and many more.

This is an easy hike with a moderate uphill climb most of the way, and some rocky areas. Twin Lakes is a great hike for kids of all ages with a rewarding destination at the end of the trail. The Twin Lakes is a large, alpine lake, surrounded by rugged mountain peaks.

My son and I hiked this trail today and enjoyed a great afternoon outside. He is only two years old and made it almost all the way to the top by himself. I only put him in the backpack towards the end when I noticed he was getting tired. I carried him downhill on the way back too, because of it was steep and rocky. I didn't want him to take a bad tumble.

I'd recommend hiking around the lake while you're there. The scenery is spectacular and there are wildflowers growing everywhere. It can be a little sketch in a few places with some down climbing, but it's well worth it and a fun little adventure.

I wouldn't consider this an "easy" hike. It is quite steep the whole way, and the footing is incredibly rocky! Even my proficient hikers (14, 7 years old) found this hike quite challenging. My middle two kids really struggled, but they persevered and were so proud they did! Heck, most of the 20-Somethings on the trail were all huffing by the top. But, WOW, what a pay-off! Not only is the lake beautiful, we also saw all kinds of wildlife. We'll definitely go back and make a day of it. There were huge fish up there calling our names.

Up hill all the way, not that bad. Beautiful once you get to the lake. Well worth it.