Twin Lakes Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

Parking at the Silver Lakes Information center

Beautiful hike. Packed snow and Ice, super slippery, micro spikes needed. Oct 19.

surfing

Hello twins. ;)

This is an easy hike. Really cool, because easy and good views. Straight forward, but heavily trafficked.

Challenging climb with elevation and sections of rock trail. Completely worth it for the beautiful views! #doinghardthings

I really liked this hike. The fall colors right now are really coming out...alot of yellow. I extended the hike by taking a short side path to the left that led to a really nice overlook of silver lake. I also walked around Twin Lakes after I got up there. Another cool thing that happened is that on my way back after you get to the boardwalk again I saw my first moose. She was hanging out just to the side of the trail munching on leaves. Very scenic trail especially during this time of year. Give it a shot.

Beautiful! We did a 2.8 mile loop. Started at the base of Milly up to Twin Lakes. Then hiked back down to Silver Lake and up the road back to Brighton. Steep, but worth it!

We did the shorter version of this hike. (You can start at Milly Lift) The trail is STEEP, but easy enough when it comes to footing. The true gem is when you get to Twin Lake. It's like stepping into a Thomas Kinkade painting. The water is glassy and the trees and foliage make this place a true Haven. If you're a true trooper you'll top it off by jumping in the Lake. Be warned: it's VERY cold.

Nice hike. Twin lake located within solitude ski area

I really enjoy this trail and almost always see moose down at the base by Silver Lake. It’s a great hike that my kids and I like to do every Summer. It’s pretty steep at some points but not too long and the lake is fun to hang out by and throw rocks in. One time my kids brought nets and caught tiny minnows. (Then release them).

mosquitoes like I've never seen. no fishing either.

Pretty trail! Definitely moderate. Our 2 year old couldn't finish on his own, and our 6 year old made it but not without lots of complaining. Would definitely go back but not with small kids.

I'm totally out of shape. Never workout. This was a tough hike, but achievable. Done in a little over 2 hours. Would definitely recommend it!

Definitely right on track with the moderate rating. I went with three kids, ages 11, 8 and 2. Good for kids except for a few rocky areas where its hard to get traction. Some decent shade in the middle of the day. The lake at the top is stunning. Watch out for squirrels stealing your food :) Bring plenty of water.

Lost men’s gold wedding ring! If found, please email mullally5@yahoo.com
Thank you!

Great views one of my favorites!

This was a great hike, but be sure to wear shoes with good traction. It's rocky with a ton of loose gravel.

Start this trail early, its very popular. Hike was nice even for people like me who aren't in shape. Views and lakes are beautiful, the only negative is the amount of big loose rocks on this trail.

Beautiful hike! Great for families with kids that are used to hiking a bit. Bring bug spray

This was our first hike of the season. We are not in the best of shape, but the trail wasn't too bad. It was busy at the base, but as you rose in elevation, the crowds thinned. Great view from the top and a lovely reservoir. I have been skiing at Brighton, and in my youth hiked Brighton, so it was good to see what was underneath all the great snow. Perhaps it is getting too popular. Not really, great to share great experiences.

A forgotten +favorite!
Definitely family friendly, but not "we just started hiking last week and this is our 3rd hike ever" family friendly.
Took my 2, 4, and 5.5 year olds and made it round trip in about two and a half hours with the little one needing to be carried occasionally.
The first half is an ideal moderate hike, shaded with gorgeous pine and aspen and a well packed trail, the second half is more exposed with loose rocks as the trail and a fairly steep incline.
The gorgeous pristine lake is worth every step and I was SO impressed with how clean the trail and lake were...not a wrapper. Kudos to our fellow hikers for being responsible and packing out their trash!
I was a little turned off that the parking lot was overflowing and there were hundreds of people, but once we got off the silver lake trail and started towards Twin Lakes, we had very few people to share the trail with!

Fun hike! We were able to do this one with my 6 year old sister although the steeper parts were a little more difficult for her. Once we got to the top we all enjoyed hanging out around the lake. My family and I watched a guy catch a fairly large fish and we all applauded him. Definitely worth the effort to get up there!

This hike is a quick get away. The lake is beautiful and a great introduction to the area. Steep but short.

You are essentially walking on a gravel road between Twin Lakes and Solitude. Favorite part was from Solitude down where you weren’t exposed to the sun. On the way up to Twin there are great views of Silver Lake below.

Great short hike, nice incline the whole way. Great spots to hang hammocks and relax.

Really great quick hike! Started at about 8 and got to the top at 9, we took lots of stops as well. The trail was empty the whole way up. Gets pretty steep towards the top. Beautiful views. Coming back down the trail got pretty busy.

Short hike but the incline makes it moderately difficult. The area around the lake is gorgeous no matter what time of the year you go. made this hike on June 2, 2018 and the lake is still mostly iced over with snow on the far side of the lake measuring 13 inches in spots.

I haven't been out yet this year (work is cramping my style!) so I decided on a quick Father's Day hike to get the blood pumping. Went up to Twin Lakes, then over to Mary, Dog, then up to the top of the Crest Lift and back. Very little snow throughout, at least nothing to write home about at this point. Liked this trail well enough, although I think I'd prefer to go the Brighton-Mary-Twin route and back. Nice views, not very strenuous and a good way to kick my season off. Recommended for the whole family!

Challenging but fun hike. No snow and trail is dry. Great views of Silver Lake along the way makes you forget about the uphill climb.

Made it to Twin Lake fairly easily. Now getting across to go to Lake Mary was another story. We were able to get about half way across the Granite Lakes Trail connector and it turned to snow packed and we lost track of trail. Yes even with a GPS. It was covered in snow. We ended up going down one of the stream trails (ish) to the LDS Girls Camp and walking down from there. Heard that the top end at Lake Mary was snow packed and hard to find trails. Snow shoes, poles, and better marked trails. We still had a great time though.

I was just going to do Silver Lake and saw the sign for Twin lakes and seen that it was only a mile with 700 elevation gain so I thought I would have a go. It is mostly straight up but if you make frequent stops it is a fairly easy hike. On the way up I saw a Marmot and a Pika. (Near the area of the landslide) About 3/4 of the way up you start to run into snow. Which is slushy and the lake is still frozen with snow. Again, on a sunny day when the water is thawed I bet it is gorgeous to see the reflections. It was still pretty.