Twin Lakes Trail

Twin Lakes Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

Parking at the Silver Lakes Information center

Twin Lakes was a perfect destination for a good picnic! The sand was nice to play in and there were plenty of rocks to keep my son busy not to mention the bigger rocks that we were able to lounge on. it was a bit windy by the water in comparison to the rest of the hike but the breeze felt good and the view made up for me forgetting to bring an other layer of clothing, my son was far more interesting in playing to notice a bit of wind.

The trail around Silverlake is boardwalked all the way around and is a very easy trail. I went when it was raining and it smelled like pinetrees and soil. It was awesome! Great trail for kids. If you want to make things a little more challenging, take the spur trail that goes up to Twin Lakes. The Twin Lakes Trail is rocky and slippery when it's wet, but the views of the lake by the dam are spectacular.

A great day hike that is a combination of not too intense and a good workout. This is a 2.5 mile out and back that gets increasingly steeper as you go along, all together it's about 800 in elevation gain.
The trail starts at Silver Lake which is the first parking lot on your right once you hit the one-way loop at the top of big cottonwood canyon at Brighton Resort.
You'll take the boardwalk around Silver Lake and once you hit the northwest corner of the lake there is a trail that heads up the mountain, and that is the one you take. The trail keeps climbing from there until you arrive at Twin Lakes.
The lake is pretty exposed so every time we have been there, a pretty good wind has been ripping across the lake cooling things down quite a bit.
Depending on the time of day and time of year this can be a great hike for wildlife, we have seen moose, deer, marmots, and squirrels.

My 2 & 3 year old completed this trail without much help. The last 1/4 of the trail is a rocky ascent but there is a slightly hidden dirt trail above the rocky one. We took our time the whole way up. One of my favorite trails. Lots of wild life.

Don't be fooled by the "easy" rating. This is not an easy hike. We saw many families with small children turn around or be forced to carry the kids because they were too tired to keep climbing. When you reach the top, the scenery is beautiful.

This is an awesome hike. It's pretty steep for the whole way but it's such a short distance it's totally doable. The lake is gorgeous.

This was a nice short hike with a great destination. If it hadn't been so late in the evening I would have loved to hike completely around the lake, but only made it about a third of the way. Also, there's a little path to the side of it about half a mile up that has a stunning overlook of Silver Lake!

This trail was very crowded. Once we made it to the lake, we hiked the trail around it (which was way more secluded) before heading back down. This made the trip well worth it. I definitely suggest hiking around the lake. Beautiful views and wildlife in every direction.