Tower Bridge Trail

Tower Bridge Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bryce, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Great hike with a lot of variation in the landscape. As it is part of the Fairyland Loop, you can always extend it to make a longer hike but at the end of the day, just going out to Tower Bridge and back was a great hike to end with. There are some really nice views of the hoodoos. The trail is also fairly wide and even, not too many rocks, but a little snowy/muddy at the end of winter. The white sandstone against the sapphire sky was incredible. And across from that was this sea of red sand and the China Wall. It felt like being on Mars. Tower Bridge, you can't actually get that close to, but you can see it pretty decently if you find a spot between the trees. This trail is not nearly as popular as the Navajo or Queens trails but worth venturing down for some variation.

Amazing views. Carry lots of water, as climb up is all at once.

Good hike. Fairly quiet compared to more popular trails

The tower bridge itself is very disappointing. And since you go down there, why not do the whole loop! You won't regret. Because this hike is alright, but you are missing out the best part by not doing the loop!

We were only in Bryce for a day and wanted to get a taste of Fairyland Loop. This trail made me feel as though I was in a different world. It offers some great expansive views of the canyon while also bringing some up-close experiences of hoodoos. I’d rate the final ascent as moderate/difficult, but the majority of this trail is easy.

My favorite piece of the trail occurred before the fork leading to Tower Bridge. The end of the trail is a forest clearing, where my husband and I perched for a snack. The view of Tower Bridge is actually obstructed by the surrounding trees. In hindsight, when given the option at the fork to continue on Fairyland Loop (left) or go to Tower Bridge (right), I wish I would have hiked on Fairyland Loop a little longer.

Cool hike.

good if you dont have time to do the whole fairyland loop. its on that trail.

Such a serene and beautiful hike. I could just sit and listen to the waterfall for days.

Pretty gradual incline and decline. Great views, stream was frozen solid when we were there.

excellent alternative to the Queens / Navajo Trail - almost exactly the same distance but WAY less crowded, though not quite as scenic

Great long hike. The trek back out was a challenge, and for no particular reason. Down is always easier then up I guess. We were rewarded with a view of Tower Bridge. Would have continued round on the longer connecting trail, but it was late in the day and felt we'd loose daylight too quickly.

Our first hike giving some great views on the way in. The view of Tower bridge was a little obstructed by trees at the trail end so we doubled back and along the fairyland route a little for better photo opportunities. Some of the uphills were fairly steep, but, as the hike isn't too long it wasn't too difficult. We did this hike earlyish (starting around 9.45) so the temperature was pleasant and the hike overall was an enjoyable one and not too congested.

Moderate difficulty, beautiful views, small stream emerging from the base of the mountain at the bottom. Morning is best because it gets pretty warm down there in the afternoon. We found an older gentleman on the trail on the way out, that we had to pack out the last half mile, a little dehydrated and leg pain.

This is a low traffic trail. It provides beautiful views away from the other more popular trails. We were hiking around 3 pm on a Sunday and enjoyed having the trail mostly to ourselves. We saw many chipmunks and a baby snake. If you don't have the time to do the bigger loops this is a great second option.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

great hike for my family. Tough coming back up, but worth it.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Did this as part of the Fairyland Loop. Definitely worth seeing. Recommend starting early before it gets really hot in the summer.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Great trail! Enjoyed the scenery the entire hike, the uphill like most trails was tough, but doable for the average hiker. Took me about 1:30 start to finish.

Friday, April 14, 2017

Key word here is moderate. It's easy on the primary down path but gets tough coming up on the return leg. Still, as with most things in Bryce, stunning

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Was able to do the hike on a cool day with no crowds; made for a great afternoon.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

We took our 4 kids on this trail. It's a nice upkept trail with amazing views. It was about 3.7 miles long, and keep in mind that the return is uphill. It's located inside Bryce Canyon national park, so you'll have to pay the entrance fee

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Went out to China Wall before heading back to Sunrise point.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Hike this as part of the Fairyland Loop trail. The bridge is quite amazing and the trail is excellent and uncrowded in February

Saturday, October 22, 2016

In my opinion Tower Bridge itself isn't really worth the hike. However the Chinese Wall, which is about halfway on this out and back, definitely is. So if I did it again I'd go to the Chinese Wall and turn back there, saving the time and energy for a second hike.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Awesome out and back trail. lots of cool rock formations and beautiful views.

Monday, August 01, 2016

Fun beautiful hike with many different rock formations to observe! It is a pretty hot trail with not much shade so bring water! This would be a good hike for families as it is pretty easy and not many dangerous areas like other hikes in the area.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Just do it! The whole hike is just beautiful with tons of cool rock formations to explore and take pictures by.

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Did this hike during the fairyland loop and had a wonderful time. Incredible incline but totally do-able. Great sites as well.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Beautiful hike! More quiet, more solitude.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Pretty easy trail depending on the shape you are in. Going down is really easy, coming up is a little more difficult but the ascent is pretty gradual and the view is absolutely incredible. Getting the Tower Bridge is well worth the effort. Very beautiful rock formation at the end.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Beautiful hike that also provided a relief from the crowds at other trailheads. I was literally saying "oh wow" out loud multiple times, loved the variety of scenery and landscape, and came back from the hike a better man than when I started it. I loved this hike so much.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Great hike with a lot of variation in the landscape. As it is part of the Fairyland Loop, you can always extend it to make a longer hike but at the end of the day, just going out to Tower Bridge and back was a great hike to end with. It was fairly empty as well, we saw no one as we headed out and only 3 people on the return trip. There are some really nice views of the hoodoos. The trail is also fairly wide and even, not too many rocks, but a little snowy/muddy at the end of winter. The white sandstone against the sapphire sky was incredible. And across from that was this sea of red sand and the China Wall. It felt like being on Mars. Tower Bridge, you can't actually get that close to, but you can see it pretty decently if you find a spot between the trees. This trail is not nearly as popular as the Navajo or Queens trails but worth venturing down for some variation.