For a limited time only, save 30% on a year of AllTrails Pro!
Get Started
Learn more

Toquerville Falls is a 12 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Hurricane, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for ohv/off road driving and is accessible year-round.

Length 12.0 mi Elevation gain 2,020 ft Route type Point to Point

Photos (141)
Recordings (117)
Completed (271)
Karrie Begay
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 25, 2020
HikingOff trailRocky

Don’t be fooled, this road is ROUGH! I made it out with my 2016 4Runner Trail but it took forever (1 hour 20 min) and I wished I had brought a RZR since this trail is more fitting for those. Super, super bumpy and a little dicey in some areas so had to crawl the first 9 miles.....then the road T’s off (take a right) and finally smooth sailing to the falls. It’s GORGEOUS! Would do this again but with a RZR. It would have been wayyyy faster and easier. Less busy during the week. Went first thing Friday morning and got there around 9 am. Only 4 other people there so safe-distancing was possible.

Kiersten Nielson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 25, 2020
HikingRocky
View Kiersten's Recording
Lily N.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 24, 2020
OHV/Off Road DrivingRocky

4x4 are a must trust me. I drove in a jeep renegade and did well but scraped and ripped off part of my lower front bumper. beginning half of the road is very rough. The second half leading to the falls is much better. Bring spare tire just incase.

Jon Lloyd
OHV/Off Road Driving

Great trail but it was very busy the weekend we went. Don't miss the radio tower road for amazing views as a short side trip

Larry Jimenez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 21, 2020
HikingRocky

Great trail. I did this with my daughter & my dog. It was a rough road in the beginning. I would attempt without 4x4. We took my Dodge Ram 1500. I saw 2 luxury suvs turn around on the trail. It would suck to drive that far & not make it. My pup did get sick on the way in, very rocky. Once we arrived, it was so Worley’s the trip. Beautiful scenery & the water felt great. We all went in then we walked about a mile down stream. There were tadpoles, tiny & small frogs, small fish & dragonfly’s all over. I can’t wait to go back.. Please take your trash out with you & if you can, clean up trash you find.

Jacob McKee
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 20, 2020
OHV/Off Road Driving

It was a good trail. We did it in a stock 2005 Tacoma with no problems. The trail is 5 miles both ways. It took us an hour each way because my wife is pregnant and we took it REALLY slow cause of the bumps. The first 2 miles are the bumpy parts, the last three are just like any dirt road. There were suburbana and Escalades up at the falls. Decent crowd of people but there is room to spread out. We hung out for about 4 hours at the falls. The water was warm and nice. The trail really wasn’t a big deal, though I would suggest 4x4.

Carma Evans
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 21, 2020
OHV/Off Road DrivingRocky

If you’re reading the reviews and thinking the trail can’t be that rough (like I did) then check yourself bc it is ROUGH! Believe the sign and make sure you are well equipped before heading out. We did fine in our stock 4Runner TDR Off-road once we shifted into 4low and locked the differential in the worst spots. It is slow going for most of the distance. The RZRs and lifted Jeeps with wide tires seemed to do the best. The falls are a really cool swimming hole especially on such a hot day, but the place was packed. There had to be over 100 people there this afternoon. There were canopies set up and people barbecuing. Really not possible to get to the bottom and social distance so we just splashed around at the top for a little bit. The water wasn’t even cold. Much warmer than the lake. We weren’t there long enough to test out the bug situation that other people are reporting. Would love to come back on a cooler and hopefully less crowded day.

View Carma's Recording
Lythie Samifua
HikingMuddyNo shadeOff trailRocky

This trail is a beast I had a 4 wheel truck with good off road tires but I still manage to get a flat !! But if you want to risk it all it’s beautiful at the end

Heather Ramsay
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 15, 2020
View Heather's Recording
Nick Wallis
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 14, 2020
OHV/Off Road DrivingRockyScrambleWashed out

The road is extremely rocky. My buddy got a flat and we both have very high clearance vehicles. It was fun but it’s a mandatory 4x4 trail. Not a beginner one. The falls were cool but it was extremely packed with people.

Phil Broadbent
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 12, 2020
Hiking

Trail was awesome. Stock F150 made it fine. Pretty slow for the first half on the way and then smooths out pretty good. The pool was pretty crowded and there were a TON of gnats.

Trd Eli
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 11, 2020
OHV/Off Road Driving

Awesome trail I would have given it a five star if it wasn’t because of all the rocks at the beginning of the trail, even for a Thursday was pretty busy. The scenery is beautiful the waterfalls are amazing

View Trd's Recording
Donna Glass
Hiking

My husband and I set out to enjoy the falls with our 4 wheel drive truck. Very rough road and next time we will take a ATV. While we loved the falls, what I thought were knots swarmed me the whole time I was there. About 6-8 hours later, I started getting itchy welts on the back of my neck and in my hair. I continued getting more and more in the evening and the next day. After researching what could be the cause I learned these were not knats, they are No See Ums. Much worse than a mosquito bite. I am covered and miserable. Wear bug spray if biting insects love to chomp on you. LOL, my husband came away without one bite!

Sean Anderson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 10, 2020
OHV/Off Road DrivingBugsRocky

Gnats or that size critter all over the falls! Probably seasonal but pretty much ran us out of there! Pretty sure I swallowed a few dozen! Outside of the bugs it’s a must see if your looking for a half day adventure. Bring a bathing suit and water shoes.

View Sean's Recording
Jerry Bell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 6, 2020
OHV/Off Road DrivingRocky

It was a great trail and the falls were worth it. Besides the falls themselves, there were two swimming holes. Wish we had brought our swimming suits. There was also a lot more water than we thought there would be since the spring run-off is about over. The road is rough, but our RZR 800 made it fine as did a lot of other vehicles like jeeps, 4x4 pickups, Toyota Pathfinders and Sequoia’s, etc. There is a slightly confusing junction at about half way there. Just keep to the right and stay in the drainage. First you gain altitude and then you go back down to where the falls are.

@ Trailfrontier
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 5, 2020
OHV/Off Road DrivingBugsRocky

The trail to get to the waterfall was a fun ride and you get rewarded with a place to enjoy for the rest of the day. I highly recommend a 4wd vehicle with good ground clearance to get there.

Justin Marx
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 26, 2020
HikingBugsRocky

Great spot. Definitely 4x4 required. Went up in a 2015 Jeep Wrangler just fine but there were a couple people in cars that tried and ended up walking. Beautiful waterfall and not very busy. Little cliff jumping as well but watch where you jump cause most of the pool isn’t deep enough.

View Justin's Recording
Jarod Zaiss
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 25, 2020
HikingOff trailRocky

Great moderate trail. There’s the main road which is pretty easy with a lot of rocks and rough terrain the first couple miles. There’s also routes were you can go off trail, which are a lot more difficult for a Jeep.

View Jarod's Recording
Mari Garza
OHV/Off Road DrivingRocky

Awesome off road drive done with a 2020 4Runner Venture. First 15-20 mins is really rough. Definitely recommend a 4x4.

View Mari's Recording