Top of the Y is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Provo, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Be forewarned, this is a hot, steep, dusty, sunny, and crowded gravel trail.

Hard hike, but cool at the top.

A very steep, dusty trail, but very close to downtown Provo, so it's an easy, quick trip. I did it in an hour - I was very tired going up, and going down was very slippery with all the loose dirt and rocks.
All that said, I enjoyed it! I didn't have much time so I'm glad I was able to get a quick one in.

This was a lot more challenging than I expected, but it was totally worth it when you reach the top. This was really fun and rewarding, everyone we met was friendly and polite.

A very hot and dusty hike. Nothing but steep switchbacks the entire way. I only hike it for a workout.

This was a tougher then it looks hike. Like most of the reviews say, bring water. Take your time and rest when you need to. It was a good workout coming back down too.

The only reason I gave this 4 stars is it has interesting signs regarding history, wildlife and vegetation. Hot, steep, dusty, gravel, sunny, and crowded trail. But still a must do if you live near. Good workout. Took me 15 minutes up and about 8 minutes down.

I've done this twice now. last time was in August. it's hot, steep, very little shade, but the view is great. I saw lots of little lizards and a rattle snake (please keep an eye out for them!). I prefer hiking in trees so when you need to catch your breath, the sun isn't still beating on you... short hike, hard work. no shade.

Did this with the kids (15,12,10,8) today. Yes, it’s steep the whole way, but I’m not sure why so many reviewers say it isn’t pretty. We went early in the morning and had shade on most of the trail. The mountains and valley view (yes, there is only one view the whole way) are beautiful. Plus, it’s great to have a destination for the kids to reach, one that they can see from the freeway and say, “Wow! That Y is high up the mountain...and I hiked to it!” P.S. If you need to, you can bribe them with a trip to The Creamery if they keep a positive attitude while hiking! We all enjoyed this hike, but I probably had the most fun since I could relive my college days at BYU with my kids.

I hate this hike because of The switchbacks and there being not much to look at. But if you want to hike to the summit then you gotta push through this mess first. It’s a good beginner hike as it can be tough.

Good workout. The trail itself is very boring. Views are good at the top. Worth doing once.

The only thing that makes this hike somewhat worth the boring switchbacks is just being able to say “I hiked the Y.” If you’re in it for the beauty, don’t waste your time with this one. It’s dry and boring all the way up. But a fun group of friends will help!

Lots of switchbacks, great views

The switchback take some of the steepness out of this hike. Busy even in the morning