Top of the World Trail

Top of the World Trail is a 18.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking, and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 18.9 miles Elevation Gain: 3,287 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

This trail is mainly used by off road drivers, some mountain bikers and a few hikers. Trail starts out smooth gravel which is deceiving - it gets far more technical when you reach the split in the trail at the final stretch to the top. If it’s rainy day, do not attempt this drive unless you are expert off-roader and have a winch.

Great ride.

off road driving

Once we got to the top there were some OHVer’s who parked at the prime spot & ate their lunch while the 3 jeeps waited to take their own pictures. Rude AF. Anyway we took the north loop back down which had several difficult steps-compared to the steps at Bangs Canyon . A couple of sketchy rock climbing back up then down where the loop met the original trail. We did it in our 03 Rubicon with 33’s & 4 inch lift. A few scratches on the gas pan & differential but all good! Beautiful views the entire trip.

off road driving

A beautiful drive especially when you see the view from the top. The loop at the end is the most difficult section with lots of rocks.

off road driving

Awesome trail did it in a stock 2019 rubicon! Took a lot of the harder lines but definitely worth the drive absolutely amazing view from the top! Stock Jeep ground clearance is probably the lowest you can go before it becomes almost impossible at some obstacles 33” tire is a must anything smaller and you’ll rub a lot!

First part of trail is very bumpy with small rocks and bumps. First obstacle is about 1/3 way in. More difficult to the right when it forks. There are parts where you probably need a spotter if you’re on anything less than 35’s. Lift always helps too. Don’t get discouraged because at the end “Top of the World” makes it all worth it.

off road driving

We did this ride in a 2016 RZR XP 4 1000. 4 seats but only two riders. Had a blast! Like many of the previous reviews, the last 2 miles, up and down, are really the toughest. A spotter is a must! A few paint scrapes but nothing too critical. The view from the top was well worth the rocky road! We could have sat up there for days, taking in the panoramic scenery!

I did this with my 2014 stock FJ Cruiser. it was my first technical Trail in my sons first time spotting. it was a great challenge but only rubbed the muffler once. there was one place we needed to bypass that would have been impossible for most trucks. definitely worth the trip. plan on spending a good portion of the day going there and back. you will probably want to stay at the Trail's End for a while and enjoy the beautiful scenery. It's breathtaking.

off road driving

Very tough at the top of the trail, but the views are worth the effort. Most of the trail is moderate with the exception of the top part which is definitely hard.

off road driving

This trail took a while but was worth it for the awesome views! Did it in my 2012 F-250 with a 6" Rough Country lift on 37s. Had absolutely no problems with clearance and did not rub anywhere. There was one rock shelf that was pretty tricky and we were glad we had a spotter for it. Once we got to the end, we tried to continue on but had to turn around and come back because of a couple sketchy rock shelves.

off road driving

Completed the trail on May 9th. Trail starts out smooth gravel which is deceiving when you reach the split in the trail at the final stretch to the top. Ledges ledges ledges recommend at least one locker. If it’s raining day, I’d forget it unless you are expert off-roader and/or have a winch. If you do make it to the top, it’s well worth it. The view is like none other.

very nice!! Jeep Badge of Honor trail...Spring Break 2019

off road driving

This trail is amazing. Words cannot describe the views. If you have a capable vehicle, this is a must do trail!

My favorite trail to mountain bike because of the awesome view! Share the trail with jeeps and Razors though. Mostly rocky with lots of steps! Exhilarating downhill!

Loved it!

off road driving

I would recommend this trail for good wheeling. Early March weather is the best. It was a perfect mix of rocks, mud, & snow. I would recommend bringing a jacket. Be prepare to slide around. I recommend at least one locker. Also, I suggest airing down.

I went during May and Top of the World is one of the most beautiful sites ever.

Friday, August 03, 2018

A Moab must!

Monday, May 14, 2018

Mom Review! This trail did not disappoint and was one for the books! We (3 kids, 2 adults), road in our Polaris Ranger. It definitely struggled in spots and was not made for some of the obstacles. There was skid dragging and we had to spot often and stack rocks to support where the tires weren't touching. (For a brief moment, I didn't think we'd make it.) Probably due to lots of people and difficulty, it took us 5+ hours out and back. We are so incredibly glad we persevered! What a breathtaking view it was!

Tuesday, May 01, 2018

This trail is RAD! The view from the top is humbling and sends chills down your spine- not to mention all the work it takes to get up there makes it 100% better. I am a beginner/ intermediate dirt bike rider and I found the trail to be pretty challenging. There were a few especially steep and craggy parts that were intimidating but it makes the view from the top SO MUCH BETTER! I would love to bring a downhill bike up this trail on a 4x4 rig and then ride the bike down. It was a little busy up top, but we went up on a Saturday afternoon.

Friday, April 13, 2018

Great view from the top! I will do it again.

Monday, March 05, 2018

just a question, I have a Jeep with a 3-inch lift and stock tires, I've done Poison Spyder Trail, and metal Masher with it. I'm just wondering if I should attempt it with stock tires?

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The scenery at the end is amazing! the road is very bumpy with alot of rock stairs. Definitely worth the trip to see it once. We will probably never do this one again.

Monday, February 19, 2018

Tough hike, especially when it's covered in snow. Well worth it for the view at the top!

Saturday, December 02, 2017

Harder than we thought. 3” lift and 35s were just good enough for some spots.. Hard long climb, but maybe the most rewarding view we had ever experienced at the end! If you thinking about doing it, DO IT!