Top of the World Trail

Top of the World Trail is a 18.9 mile out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking, and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

Directions: travel about 31 miles on Rt 128 north of Moab, just before the Dewey Bridge, take Entrada Bluffs Road for 5.2 miles.

Mom Review!
This trail did not disappoint and was one for the books! We (3 kids, 2 adults), road in our Polaris Ranger. It definitely struggled in spots and was not made for some of the obstacles. There was skid dragging and we had to spot often and stack rocks to support where the tires weren't touching. (For a brief moment, I didn't think we'd make it.) Probably due to lots of people and difficulty, it took us 5+ hours out and back. We are so incredibly glad we persevered! What a breathtaking view it was!

off road driving

This trail is RAD! The view from the top is humbling and sends chills down your spine- not to mention all the work it takes to get up there makes it 100% better. I am a beginner/ intermediate dirt bike rider and I found the trail to be pretty challenging. There were a few especially steep and craggy parts that were intimidating but it makes the view from the top SO MUCH BETTER! I would love to bring a downhill bike up this trail on a 4x4 rig and then ride the bike down. It was a little busy up top, but we went up on a Saturday afternoon.

off road driving

Great view from the top! I will do it again.

just a question, I have a Jeep with a 3-inch lift and stock tires, I've done Poison Spyder Trail, and metal Masher with it. I'm just wondering if I should attempt it with stock tires?

off road driving

The scenery at the end is amazing! the road is very bumpy with alot of rock stairs. Definitely worth the trip to see it once. We will probably never do this one again.

Tough hike, especially when it's covered in snow. Well worth it for the view at the top!

off road driving

Harder than we thought. 3” lift and 35s were just good enough for some spots.. Hard long climb, but maybe the most rewarding view we had ever experienced at the end! If you thinking about doing it, DO IT!

off road driving

awesome trail, did not finish. i believe if i wasn't alone i could've made it but definitely needed a spotter. seems i got real close and i'll be back one day, i believe to have been 2 obstacles short. there are amazing views all the way up so i wasn't too bent out of shape about it haha. if you'd like to see a video of the trail i have one up at:

07 ranger manual
bilsteins
13psi
33"
no lift
no locker
no sway bar

youtube trail channel: b roll offroad

have fun!

off road driving

This trail has changed drastically recently. The last few miles are for extremely capable vehicles. I made it in my stock Rubicon, but barely, and I wouldn't have attempted this trail had I known it had changed this much. It has been rerouted and recut due to vandalism of a nearby crystal cave. There are 2-3 foot multiple stair step ledges for much of the trail towards the top. No bypasses exist for the hardest areas and definitely recommend 35" tires and a minimum 3" lift and lockers to get up to the end. Did this trail in my wrangler a couple years ago no problem. Not this time in my stock 17 Rubicon. Lots of skid dragging and extensive use of a spotter to get up and down without breaking anything. It can be done with a stock rig, but you WILL drag, rub and grind your way up and down. Good luck. Definitely worth the view at the end. Hard Trail! Very technical.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Took a razor 900 and my 2007 FJ cruiser to Top of the world caught the sunset and set up camp for sunrise it was truly a beautiful sight. Trail gave my stock FJ a run for the money but handled it well.

Monday, April 17, 2017

The trail isn't bad until the last two miles. At that point it get to a higher level of moderate. We had two vehicles a Lexus Lx450 and a Dodgeram 1500. Having a large truck makes it a little more difficult but with a little spotting it wasn't bad. Top of the world view was amazing and worth the time! This trail will take 3hrs or so especially if you have people taking pictures at the top.

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Directions: travel about 31 miles on Rt 128 north of Moab, just before the Dewey Bridge, take Entrada BluffsRoad for 5.2 miles. Here starts the Top of the World Trail. Along with my sons Ron and Bob, we Jeeped this trail, on a beautiful June day. The first 6 miles or so up the trail was getting progresively more difficult. At the point where it became technical, we parked the Jeep and hiked the last 2 miles to the top of the trail. Total elevation gain was over 2000'. What a suprise awaited us when we looked over the high cliffs. The views were magnificent, well worth the trouble getting there. Absolutely gorgeous! We lingered for over an hour, just looking at the views before us, 3000' above the canyon floor of Fisher Valley, Onion Creek Canyon, and vistas as far as Canyonlands and Arches National Parks. Just, WOW!

Sunday, June 04, 2017