Top of the World Trail

Top of the World Trail is a 18.9 mile out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking, and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

Directions: travel about 31 miles on Rt 128 north of Moab, just before the Dewey Bridge, take Entrada Bluffs Road for 5.2 miles.

off road driving

This trail has changed drastically recently. The last few miles are for extremely capable vehicles. I made it in my stock Rubicon, but barely, and I wouldn't have attempted this trail had I known it had changed this much. It has been rerouted and recut due to vandalism of a nearby crystal cave. There are 2-3 foot multiple stair step ledges for much of the trail towards the top. No bypasses exist for the hardest areas and definitely recommend 35" tires and a minimum 3" lift and lockers to get up to the end. Did this trail in my wrangler a couple years ago no problem. Not this time in my stock 17 Rubicon. Lots of skid dragging and extensive use of a spotter to get up and down without breaking anything. It can be done with a stock rig, but you WILL drag, rub and grind your way up and down. Good luck. Definitely worth the view at the end. Hard Trail! Very technical.

off road driving

Took a razor 900 and my 2007 FJ cruiser to Top of the world caught the sunset and set up camp for sunrise it was truly a beautiful sight. Trail gave my stock FJ a run for the money but handled it well.

off road driving

The trail isn't bad until the last two miles. At that point it get to a higher level of moderate. We had two vehicles a Lexus Lx450 and a Dodgeram 1500. Having a large truck makes it a little more difficult but with a little spotting it wasn't bad. Top of the world view was amazing and worth the time! This trail will take 3hrs or so especially if you have people taking pictures at the top.

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Directions: travel about 31 miles on Rt 128 north of Moab, just before the Dewey Bridge, take Entrada BluffsRoad for 5.2 miles. Here starts the Top of the World Trail. Along with my sons Ron and Bob, we Jeeped this trail, on a beautiful June day. The first 6 miles or so up the trail was getting progresively more difficult. At the point where it became technical, we parked the Jeep and hiked the last 2 miles to the top of the trail. Total elevation gain was over 2000'. What a suprise awaited us when we looked over the high cliffs. The views were magnificent, well worth the trouble getting there. Absolutely gorgeous! We lingered for over an hour, just looking at the views before us, 3000' above the canyon floor of Fisher Valley, Onion Creek Canyon, and vistas as far as Canyonlands and Arches National Parks. Just, WOW!