Tony Grove Nature Trail

Tony Grove Nature Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Logan, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

paddle sports

Did a herb walk at peak flower season.
Most excellent.

so great for family day, beautifully floral time.
dogs love it...kids love it.

This is very similar to Bloomington Lake, but the road is paved all the way up to the lake. The drive is gorgeous. There were many, including us, taking our kayaks into the water, and many fishermen. It was very quiet and serene. The air is so fresh and crisp with smells of foliage. The Cliffs next to the mountain lake is gorgeous. We went in July and the wildflowers are all in bloom of a rainbow of colors, all around the lake. On one end we found a large, gorgeous beaver dam with a beaver residing in it and coming out late in the day. There was a young male moose near there at the edge of the water. Many people were swimming, the water is very full of plant life and fish and bugs on the water, we did not desire to swim, but wade and kayak and take a quiet break just looking. On the opposite end is a thick wooded forest with tall evergreens perfect for hiding from the heat of the day and putting up hammocks to take a nap and read. Beyond there is a beautiful campground. It is worth going and enjoying for all ages. There is a path around the lake. On one side it is well worn and cleared that a stroller or wheelchair can even make it around to the forested end. This is a a gorgeous hidden away spot we fell in love with.

Great family friendly trail! Our 5yo loves it. I would rate it at moderate on some parts as clamoring over roxks is required.

this hike was absolutely beautiful around the lake. Although the snow is still heavy there was a lot of places where it was a little difficult to Traverse, mostly because I didn't have the right shoes on but still very doable. It was a gorgeous day and definitely worth the trip!

So beautiful! Super easy it does get busy in the summer.

beautiful but easy and short.
A great place for picnics and just relaxing days by the lake. Not exactly a hiker's trail.

Fantastic hike. Lots to see and explore. The loop is more moderate than easy especially in October as it was quite wet and muddy.

Can’t wait to see it in spring!!!!!

Our rating for the loop easy except for the muddy areas.

View of the lake is great, easy trail

Easy short hike around the lake - wooden pathways are breaking down a bit - be careful.

Monday, August 07, 2017

By the way, the directions on my gps led me to a road just short of the lake. It's a dirt road and it took us a while to realize we were off track. Follow the paved road all the way up. You will see it!

We took our 2 year old and loved it. It was perfect.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Nice and easy. Well marked and maintained.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Beautiful short hike! The wildflowers were stunning! I will definitely do this one again, but bring my camera instead of a crappy phone camera.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Beautiful!!

Monday, July 10, 2017

Beautiful! But lots of people.

Friday, June 23, 2017

Been here several times, it's a beautiful drive up and a simple little walk around. I've climbed up into the rocks lining the trail before, super simple and fun. My favorite was on 10.5.15 though because it had just lightly drizzled, no one else was there, and it was just the most serene experience.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Very easy loop around a beautiful lake! kid friendly

Friday, March 31, 2017

this is great for kids. the only issue I had was one part of the trail was washed out the last three times I went. this made for a mucky mess and a guess of navigation.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Pretty walk. Nothing difficult.

Monday, August 29, 2016

A very nice walk. The signs on the trail could do with some maintenance, and the bridge as well. The walk was very nice and the views are very, very nice.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Pretty walk around the lake. Nice and relaxing

Monday, July 11, 2016

nice walk around the lake. deepest cave in Utah is here.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

This is a nice little trail for a leisurely walk. It circles the lake and often is covered in wildflowers.

Monday, September 07, 2015

Excellent little walk. I really enjoyed the Lake and the breath taking cliffs in the area. I would Love to return in the spring to see the winter runoff and wild flowers.

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

perfect day trip/get away. Beautiful place to just take a break and have some lunch. Also, there are multiple trails leading off into the woods that we didn't explore, but there's always tomorrow.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Beautiful hike for parents who want to see if their kids are ready for the adventures of hiking. This is a very simple walk around a beautiful mountain lake. We went in mid-June. The flowers were in bloom. The kids enjoyed reading the signs along the way that explain more about the nature of the lake, plants and animals of the region. Many of the signs however need replacing.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Nice walk around the lake not a very hard hick. Doesn't have much of a view but beautiful scenery in the summertime or fall.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Nice little hike with lots of flowers.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Great hike for kids around a small lake. Lots of wild flowers!

Monday, July 08, 2013

This is a very easy hike around the lake. I was there on a Saturday. The parking lot was full but the area did not seem crowded. I spent much of my time on the other side of the lake taking pictures and there were very few people there. The flowers are very beautiful and abundant in late June. I got some gorgeous pictures that I included.