Timpanogos Falls

Timpanogos Falls is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

my 2-year-old nephew made it up the mile to the falls almost by himself. super easy and loved it. he slept the entire way down. beautiful trail all the way. the leaves are starting to change color right now. I was there a week ago, and it's a nice touch. the trail is paved all the way until a small dirt trail leading to the falls. great for kids, and great for a short escape!!!

Beautiful views and nice waterfalls, just the right hike for beginners.

Hiked this with my chocolate lab. It's a bit steep (for me, not in the best shape) but very manageable. Loved the falls. We stopped at the first one, cooled off and rested, then hiked up to the second one. I liked the second one better, very serene. I'll be doing this one again!

Pretty out of shape (trying to work my way into shape haha) and was worried about the reviews that mentioned how steep it was. It's more of a long gradual steep than a straight-up-the-mountain thing. I thought this was the perfect distance since right around when you start feeling exhausted from all the uphill you hear the falls and you know you're close. Agree with the other reviews that mention there's a bit of scrambling to get down to the base of the falls, though we were lucky enough to not encounter any stinging nettle like others mentioned. Really not bad at all. A good portion of the trail is actually paved which is nice on the way down so you aren't so worried about where you're stepping to avoid hitting a rock and rolling an ankle. We did this with our dog and only encountered a couple other people on the trail on a Sunday afternoon around 4:30-5 pm starting time. Super enjoyable, most hikes I do and then hate the whole way down and am likely to never return since I've done it once, but this is one I plan to do again, hopefully soon! Honestly couldn't recommend it more!

I'm fat and out of shape but I made it to the first falls. It was beautiful. You have to scramble up some rocks if you want to get in the little pool that the waterfall feeds. The trail had beautiful views of Timp with many wilflowers and we must have seen about 100 butterflies. There is some stinging nettle near the falls so just be careful. Someday when I'm in better shape I hope to go on to the second falls which I hear is a little further up the trail.

Beautiful views along the whole trail! We went on the 4th of July and it wasn’t crowded at all! The first half is pretty steep, bring enough water on a hot day! Also if you want to get down in the falls, you’ll have to climb so rocks/in some water but it was so worth it!

We loved this hike! While the HOARDS of people in the parking lot were headed toward Stewart Falls, we took the trail to Timpanogas Falls and had the place to ourselves. We had 8 kids with us (15, 14, 12, 12, 11, 10, 8, and 7), and while two of them complained a bit about the heat on the way up (it was 75 degrees but very sunny and felt hotter than that at 9:40am), everyone handled the trail great. The trail did have some nice shady spots to rest. There was stinging nettle on the final descent to the Falls and several of us got stung, but it wasn’t anything the icy water couldn’t fix. We had a great time climbing around the falls and having a nice snack. My sister brought her dog on a leash, and he had a fabulous time. No other signs of doggies on the trail. I wasn’t expecting the falls to be so pretty and majestic (compared to other waterfalls we hiked to—except for Stewart Falls, of course). Wonderful, secluded place with incredible views!

Beautiful! Pack plenty of water. The view was worth it and the waterfall was gorgeous :)

Great quick trail. Steeper than Stewart falls, but shorter and much less crowded. Gorgeous waterfall at the end. Well worth the incline! This hike also offers some shade cover. My 6 month old golden retriever and I did this hike in about an hour, minus a break at the falls.

This hike is perfect for kids! My friend and I carried our babies on our back and her 4 year old came with us. The trail wasn’t hard for him and he did great. ** Once you get to the falls watch out for stinging nettle! It was everywhere. I will go on this hike again! Can’t beat the views.

The hike to the waterfall is a pretty steady incline but the views along the way - and at the waterfall - are spectacular. There are some rocky parts that our four year old slipped up on but nothing bad. Not many people here either compared to Stewart Falls.

did this on memorial day and it wasn't nearly as crowded as nearby Stewart falls trail. this is the 2nd time me and my 2 year old have done this hike and it is awesome. right now all the flowers are blooming and the greenery is beautiful. great views of Timp too. had to carry my 2 year old some of the way as parts get steep and his attention span wanes but he did about half of it himself. trail is well marked and paved part of the way.

Really nice hike and a beautiful waterfall, however for 6$ that you pay at least you should expect a decent clean restroom and not the grossness and on top of that 6 cars were broken in (right side window) when we went.

We went on a Friday morning and we were the only ones there. It was a delightful trail, rocky and steep to start, but levels off and takes you to a lovely waterfall that there’s a good chance you’ll have all to yourself. Delightful trail to start on or add to your plans to end your day. It isn’t shaded though, so bring water and sunscreen.

Trailhead has pit toilets and $6 self service admission. Bring cash.

scenic driving

Snowshoed to the falls and beyond. Loved the views of Timp