Timpanogos Cave Trail

Timpanogos Cave Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cedar Hills, Utah that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from May until October.

cave

A stretch for your legs and you definitely make an ascent up to the cave, but the views are beautiful and unique. Completely love this interesting hike!

Amazing views of the cliffs and canyons. Make sure you don’t go too late into the day because they stop letting people in the caves around 6pm. Will definitely try to go again so I can see the cave

Beautiful view, easy walk with some steep areas. The cave tour is worth it.

My favorite daily hike! Been hiking it for 10 years and it never gets old. I’m so happy we are able to use this monument for recreational purposes.

We’ve hiked this trail before, and every time they have made beautiful improvements to this trail making it safer and more beautiful. My daughter (12) was feeling sick, but we decided to go for it anyway since my sister and the 7 other kids were so looking forward to it. The other kids (15,14,12,11,10,8,7) had no trouble scampering up this steep, paved trail. But because my daughter wasn’t feeling well, it took us a LONG time to get up to the cave. A whole school field trip got in front of us, so instead of the 9:45am tour, we had to go on the 11:30am tour. There was a wonderful ranger EMT that checked my daughter out, just one of many incredible rangers. The woman who lead our tour was incredible! The kids can still name the ingredients it takes to form a cave. The cave is incredible. So beautiful and interesting. This is a steep, tough hike not to be underestimated, but the cave makes for a great payoff!

Great hike. It was a first time I have been on a paved trail, but it was fun nonetheless. my friend and I were going to do the loop around Tibble Fork but we just couldn't find the trail (oops). We decided to hike up this as a plan b. totally worth it. If you want to go into the caves, you have to pay (I think it's $8 for an adult). We decided not to since I'm claustrophobic, but the hike and the views were simply awesome. I'd definitely recommend this trip.

Fun hike to do with family and friends. Love the stories they tell you on the tour.

I hike this everyday as a ranger. Hike in the morning for an easy in and out or for a cave tour.

If you’re hiking after 10am July-September bring 3L of water and take your time.

Good hike for cardio. Cool, long cave to walk through

Amazing hike with an awesome cave tour at the end. The hike itself is a thigh burner but not difficult. Great views and mostly shaded. The cave tour was so cool and our guide was awesome. It does have a quite steady elevation gain but so worth it. Make sure you purchase tickets before hand as they sell out.

Paved trail all the way to the top. Definitely consider this a moderate based on the elevation change on the way up. Cave is cold but tolerable if you forget a sweatshirt. Overall Id do it again as I enjoyed seeing the formations inside the cave and great views along the trail.

Steep paved trail with amazing views along the way. I had more difficulty on the way down because of the incline. There is lots of shade and places to rest. The rangers recommend carrying at least 32oz of water per person on the hike.

Wonderful views on the way up!

Pretty fun! Will need a lot of breaks with little kids. (We took our 5 year old boys!)

Very steep incline all the way up. You go up 1000+feet on your way to the caves. Fantastic views, bring a camelback and sweater if you plan on entering the caves or if you go later in the day. The pathway is paved and you have to really keep moving in some spots due to rockfall. Gorgeous views and interesting rock formations. The drive up is beautiful too. I suggest going around 5pm, youll have cooler temps and may see more beautiful lighting on the rocks! Worth the time :)

Great paved trail, steep hike. Wonderful views as you make your way to the cave. Really fun to go on the tour, which you should do at least once if you are going to make the effort to hike all the way up. Tickets must be purchased at the trailhead, not available at the cave itself.

About half of the trail covered with trees, no worry even in hottest time of the day.

This was a fun hike, and the cave tour at the end was very cool! It was very steep, but not too overly strenuous. The views were also great!

great morning hike. you don't have to pay and do the cave. you can just hike the path. but the cave is a great time and cool down if it's hot!

Fun hike The views of the canyon are awesome. We carried our toddlers up in the hiking backpacks. They have some animal boxes to store the backpacks in at the junction which was very nice. Cave was awesome!

One of my favorite. I have gone five times this year.

Fun with friends. Great views.

Kids loved the tour. Even lucked out & got in a hr before our scheduled time. I guess 2 tours before ours didn't show or was late getting up.. Make sure to ask your guide to show whay the laser does during the all dark moment in the cave.

Es bonito paseo y entrar en las cuevas es una experiencia hermosa . lleven su linterna y una chaqueta

Beautiful hike. Park rangers are very helpful

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Amazing caves! The experience was well worth the climb. The path was paved and there were marks telling you when you were 1/4 way, 1/2 way, and 3/4 way to the caves. I did this at 18 weeks pregnant, but I think if I were any farther along I wouldn't have been able to squeeze through some of the narrow passageways of the caves. I would definitely do this again!

Monday, June 12, 2017

This is a fairly hard hike if you're out of shape or have kids with you, that being said it's doable, the fact that it's paved is highly helpful. It's a GORGEOUS hike! It's an uphill climb the ENTIRE way so be warned, bring lots of water and a light jacket for the cave. The cave is beautiful and worth the hike.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

One of the best taking care caves I ever been, good job rangers and thank you....

Friday, April 07, 2017

we took are whole family in this one by far one of are favorites. my little girl was 3 almost 4 and she hiked all but a small part of this one.