Timothy Lakes Trail

Timothy Lakes Trail is a 18.1 mile out and back trail located near Altonah, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is best used from July until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From Heber City, take US Highway 40 east 69 miles to Duchesne. Then tate SR 87 north 14 miles to Mountain Home. Follow Moon Lake Road north 4 miles to where Yellowstone River Road Intersects on the east side. From this point, follow Yellowstone River Road another 4 miles to Hell's Canyon Road. Stay on Yellowstone River Road another 6 miles to the Swift Creek trail-head.

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

We stayed at Center Timothy and had the place to ourselves even though there was a scout group in the same basin. I would probably stay at Center Timothy again even though there are a bunch of lakes to choose from. The fishing was amazing and it didn't seem to matter if you we fly fishing or using spinners. There were beautiful brooks and cuts. I also scrambled up and got on top of North and South Timothy Peaks. The view was fantastic.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Hiked to Timothy Lake the first night of a 4 day loop. Enjoyed stopping at a spot on the river, had lunch and soaked my feet in the cool water. Arrived at the first lake early enough that I hiked to all of the lakes nearby. Its a beautiful area just near Kings Peak.

fly fishing
Saturday, January 14, 2012

This trail starts at Swift Creek Camp ground. Be prepared to climb over a substantial mountain and back down to the creek before you begin the long grade up to the Timothys. I went as far as Grayling Lake and spent the night there. We found no Graylling, but the litlle natives in the lake fought like crazy.