Tibble Fork Loop Trail

Tibble Fork Loop Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alpine, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

This trail is beautiful, and well maintained. My puppy loved all the rushing water. Easy, accessible, tons of parking. It has a beach and a nice dock. I would Highly recommend.

We did this trail Saturday, and started on the west side. At the beginning the trails are pretty narrow, but open up the further you go in. There are a few places where they narrow again here and there. A bunch of the trail is shaded. It was pouring rain and there was lots of mud, but that didn’t seem to make the hike any more difficult. We took a wrong turn at the end, but I suspect it is because we missed a sign.

We completed this trail a few days ago and did it in the counter-clockwise direction. After hiking the full loop, I would recommend going that same direction. The first .75-1.0 miles are quite exposed to the sun this time of year but once the aspens fill in, shade will show up quicker in your hike. Be aware that the trailhead is at the dam level, not below it.

The trail started off with switchbacks which were quite manageable. After about a mile, the aspens show up and then you quickly transition into pine and spruce. You will then pass through serene meadows that make you want to stay a long while - do so if you have the time.

Roughly half-way, there is the only signed intersection. Continue through in an arc to your left. It's mostly downhill from this point and gets quite steep. You will still be under plenty of shade and will eventually cross the creek where you should keep to the left to avoid getting your feet soaked. The trail exit at the east end of the reservoir where you can decide to continue the hike on its south side in the trees or continue around to the north and go along the road.

The trail seems appropriately rated at moderate and will treat you to quiet, serene moments along with beautiful mountain views.

Did this yesterday, and was impressed by how few people I could see or hear after the first half mile in, all the way until we got to about the final half mile. The trail is quite narrow for the first 1/3, but becomes more comfortable after that. Lots of trees, so it's moderately shady through most of the hike. I brought a (tree-friendly) hammock in my day pack, and it was so peaceful that my girlfriend and I were able to to take a nice afternoon nap in a meadow.

Did this loop on Sunday and it was great. There are several other loops in the area that we explored on the way down and turned it from a 4 mike hike into a 6+ mile hike.

Great trail and a perfect day for hiking but it isn’t marked at all and we ended up taking a wrong turn which took us up a different mountain. We started on the west side. Next time I’ll take the east side and see how that goes.

It was ok, it felt like every 15 feet I was walking into someone posing with a photographer friend. So many people doing portraits literally everywhere. It was difficult not to get in peoples photographs and I kept having to repeatedly stop and wait for strangers to finish their portraits. There were even girls taking portraits in the middle of the main road walking the yellow line holding hands. They almost got hit by cars going both ways and then laughed about it. Such a weird experience.

The first 1/2 to 3/4 mile of the trail, beginning on the west side, was very muddy. It made the trail slippery. After that, the trail was packed snow and very beautiful. Highly recommend micro spikes.

Trail is closed off after 1/2 mile as of 8/27/17

Left side of the loop was closed but still made it to the meadow, it was beautiful. My dog loved it too.

Good trail but lots of dirt bikes making it loud and smelly. Beautiful trail by the reservoir. Easy to miss the trail head so watch for it before the lake.

Dirt bikes have turned much of the trail to dusty, loose sand. Still incredible trail. Went a little further up to get the best views.

We only went on the trail surrounding the reservoir and not the full loop. The hike was beautiful but the trail was washed out in a few areas making it pretty difficult to get by. I wouldn't recommend this for kids.

Really great hike. We ended up taking a wrong turn and went way up into the mountain which has gorgeous views, but the hike went from 4 miles to 8 miles. We are glad we did though. Lots of paths to take, watch out for horses, bikes, and motorbikes.

It was a little muddy and had some water on the trail, but it was a beautiful day with great temperatures!

Tibble lake was so pretty. we went the end of June and the water was freezing. Would recommend bringing a canoe or a paddle board cause swimming is not really an option.

Excellent hike. must do

Definitely a great hike. River was flowing through the trail, so bring water shoes for the first little bit. Steep and rocky incline, but do able. We had our little dog and 3 kids with us. Watch out for motorcycles, as there was quite a few. Definitely on the more moderate side then easy.

Pleasant and easy. The river is still running pretty high on the northern side of the trail (either the start or the end depending on your direction). Luckily that was near the end. Big markdowns for the number of motocross on the trail. Also, a healthy amount of people near the trailhead, though the trail itself was mostly quiet.

fun hike. kind of tough at spots with a 4 year old but we made it through. about 2.5 hours with little kids.

The beginning is gnarly and steep and in the direct sun but after the initial ascent it's shady and beautiful and mild overall. The end is a bit washed out by the river right now just before the bridge so following the trail got a bit confusing. I didn't love having to walk on the busy road to get back to the start/where I parked. Definitely would recommend using a gps for first timers it helped me a lot since there are a lot of different routes and forks. But me and my doggo loved it, would recommend!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Beautiful trail. Dense forest. Be ready for it. GPS , snacks.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Just an FYI, after making the drive there we were notified that the Tibble & Silver lakes are being drained for the season, and are closed. Nothing is showing this online, so just a heads up! So much for SUP :/

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

I thought trail was more moderate than easy. Make sure and have your GPS on or you could easily take the wrong trail and end up way off course. Also, take lots of bug spray or you will be eaten alive by mosquitos! On an up note, it was very beautiful!

Monday, May 30, 2016

Moderate in places but really beautiful

Saturday, March 12, 2016

This was a great hike in the winter. We didn't run into too many people, and our pup loved playing in the creek. Snowshoes weren't necessary in January, but they were helpful at times. I would love to do this again in the summer!

Saturday, January 09, 2016

It was absolutely beautiful. We went during January and it was a perfect winter wonderland. There's no other way to describe it. Wow.

Monday, December 21, 2015

Great for snowshoeing

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Favorite hiking trails.?

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Awesome trail, overrun by dirt bikes though. Be prepared to jump out of the way at a moments notice and inhale a lung full of exhaust.