Three Divide Lakes Trail

Three Divide Lakes Trail is a 5.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, fishing, and backpacking and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.4 miles Elevation Gain: 547 feet Route Type: Loop

From Kamas, take the Mirror Lake Highway (Highway 150) 27 miles to Trial Lake Campground. Exit left (west) onto a paved road, and travel about a mile to a fork in the road. Then turn right (north) for another mile to the Crystal Lakes trailhead.

Weekday, late fall, only rare other hikers, one hunter encountered. Clockwise is a favorable direction as the climbs are shorter with level stretches in between. The lakes and ponds are beautiful and the views in many directions superb. Some mud due to recent snow, though it was frozen still in shaded areas. The quiet is profound. The wind comes on a bit stronger over Clyde lake, so it may not be the best spot for a long break or lunch.

hiked this trail sept 14, beautiful, totally worth it. I am a very , very slow hiker, with bad knees wearing knee brace. Took 5.5 hours round trip including 30 min. in Walls Lake at end. No bugs, tank top, shorts 75 degree sunny. Saw lots of cows but no moose. Hint/ Alert: Always drink 1 liter of water before starting the trail, be ahead in hydration. I carried only 1 small water bottle for this entire trip. We went clockwise, make sure you turn right into Clyde Lake direction at sign. moderate slope is only at the first 1/2 mile about. Must have map in hand or on take picture with phone. Tracking your live position on your phone is helpful. Crossing out the lakes, various body of water as you go is very helpful if this is your first time. Always verify whether you should be on the left or right side of the body of water you are soon passing. There are many "extra" paths so it can get confusing. After passing one lake, get oriented toward the direction of the next lake and how the path is going to go on the map. When you arrive to Walls Lake, take your shoes and socks off and soak your feet in the ICE BATH, its wonderful for your tired feet and will re energize you.

one of my favorite loops in the Uintas

Beautiful views around every corner!!! One of our favs!!!

I did this trail clockwise and was happy I did! Wall Lake was an excellent grand finale of lakes. Trail was easy-moderate.

Great hike! Clockwise is the way to go. Take a picture of the map. It helped our group a lot since there aren't always signs at the forks. Other than that the trail was well marked. Lots of people camping in the area.

Great trail. So much fun. Kids jumped the cliffs on wall lake. Such a beautiful hike. Highly recommend.

Absolutely a great trail, couldn’t believe how many alpine lakes there are. It’s rated easy, but in reality it should be closer to moderate due to the amount of incline there is. Went first week of September and absolutely no bugs at all. You come across some shade but be prepared for a good amount of sun exposure.

so this is a poorly marked trail and alltrails lost GPS on my Pixel multiple times. That lead to a labyrinth of wrong trails and loads of backtracking all day. Don't rely on this map. Go with someone that's been on this trail before.

One of my favorite hikes. Every corner has a new lake and beautiful scenery. The trail is very entertaining, some rocks to climb around but not annoying. Highly recommend

Beautiful hike! Got to see a lot of lakes, and wildflowers and not too many other people considering the busyness at the trailhead! We went counter clockwork. Camped at Three divide lakes. We never found a trail from the divide lakes to twin lakes, I’m guessing there is one just didn’t find it, just went over land! At twin lakes we caught the trail to take us down to Wall lake and the trail head. Mosquitoes are pretty much gone for the year!

Love this trail. We went to Ibantik then came back and finished the loop. Everywhere you look there is a lake or pond. If you just climb up a little on the Ibantik trail you can see all the lakes from above.

This area is gorgeous and we saw so many lakes. There are a few trailheads at the parking lot, so to go counterclockwise like most people, start at the Clyde Lake trail. We went clockwise to get most of the elevation gain over with - this makes it a firmly moderate trail. The only issue is that it's easy to lose the trail going this way, and the fork to go to Three Divide Lakes is nonexistent. I had to use the All Trails map several times to stay on route. When we did find the trail to the three lakes, several parties were camped right on the trail, which is annoying. We didn't have any trouble with bugs until dusk. It's an awe-inspiring area to explore, and I highly recommend it. Just have the All Trails map downloaded.

Great hike! There were a lot of cars in the parking lot but we didn't see very many people on the trail. Lots of lakes along the way, which was great for my dog who loves to cool off on a hike. So many beautiful yellow and white wildflowers! We were prepared with bug spray but didn't need to use it. Didn't see any mosquitos. Not a difficult hike.

This is such a pretty trail, easy loop with little elevation gain. Great trail for backpacking overnight!

This loop was perfect for my older dog. There was plenty of shade and water along the trail for her and the grade was mellow. We enjoyed stunning views and meadows full of wildflowers. Would definitely recommend for those looking for a casual day hike loop.

Did this in the afternoon after hiking Bald Mountain. Made a great combo. Peak hike and then a loop hike to some beautiful lakes. Started this hike about 3:30 on a Sunday afternoon. Parking lot was very full, but I guess everyone was at Trial Lake. Because they were not on this trail. Only about 6 other people at Wall Lake. Saw maybe another 10 on the rest of the hike total. We went opposite of the prescribed route on Alltrails. (Wall lake first) This is a fairly easy hike. Moderate for me today considering I did another hike before this one. Really wished I had trunks at Wall Lake. Almost got in anyway. Lots of bugs, but they weren't too bad as long as we kept moving. Plenty of camp sites along the route. I'll come back for an overnighter. Got some great pictures.

Nice easy hike. Lots of bugs when you stop moving, but continue walking and you’ll be fine! So many lakes to see. Not very many people. Beautiful scenery. And it didn’t even seem like 5 miles

I've done this hike several times. Great fairly fast and easy hike. My dogs loved it. If you bring dogs, watch for horses, they are common in the area and have right of way on trails.

Backpacking July 19-21 to hidden lake just beyond the three divides lakes. Mosquitoes were the worst I’ve ever seen from three divides down to hidden lake. Did this hike counter clockwise until the divides then down to hidden for 2 nights. Day hiked to Mount Watson, then hidden lake back to the trail head continuing counter clockwise. Friday night at sunset the fish were hitting the water like rain at Clyde lake. Hidden lake had a few jumping but nothing biting, may have had partial winter kill. Main loop trail is nice and dry for the most part but going to the 3 divides or hidden lake there’s lots of marshes and wet trail making the mosquitoes horrible.

Love this area and have hiked it plenty. Did this hike in reverse from the direction I normally go. Much easier in this direction! Bugs were out in full force- bring the bug juice!

Beautiful scenery, climbs aren’t super hard. Certainly more of a moderate hike, only because of distance. Liked going counter-clockwise. Bring your bug spray!