Three Divide Lakes Trail is a 5.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, birding, and fishing and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From Kamas, take the Mirror Lake Highway (Highway 150) 27 miles to Trial Lake Campground. Exit left (west) onto a paved road, and travel about a mile to a fork in the road. Then turn right (north) for another mile to the Crystal Lakes trailhead.

Went last weekend to hike this trail. We started around 8:30/9:00. There was snow throughout the entire trail, but it wasn't too bad for the most part. Mid-way through the hike, there was some deeper snow and you lose the trail a little. But it's pretty easy to use All Trails app to find your way through this tiny part and get back on the trail. SO gorgeous this time of year! And the snow melted as the day went on - making the trail easier to see.

Took the dogs out for this fun hike last week. It was pretty dry out so part of the trail was really dusty but still fun. It was nice to have the variety of terrain from dirt, to wooden foot bridge crossings, to climbing rocky boulder steps. Loved having plenty of little lakes and ponds to stop at. We took the clockwise route on accident and found that it was still fun, just a little steep for the dogs at times. There were definitely no bugs out so that was a plus! Don’t forget to pay the park fee before you start exploring because we forgot and found a nice little envelope on our windshield requesting payment when we got back to the car. Oopsies!

We went on this hike the first Monday in October. The weather was perfect (overcast with a chill to keep you from sweating). we went counterclockwise and found it was the best choice since the switchbacks were easier to go up than the loose rocks coming down. We only saw 4 other people on our hike and there were NO BUGS! we also saw some wildlife, including Mountain goats! overall this hike was really fun and pretty easy, even for my New England lungs. I definitely recommend taking a photo of the map since there is NO SERVICE and some unmarked splits in the path.

First visit in the Uinta. The landscapes are beautiful but there were TONs OF MOSQUITOES!!! Make the hike much harder than we anticipated because we could not rest around the lakes... We heard that is common in June-July and it's much better in August so we might come back later in the season next year.
Because of the elevation, I would rate this hike moderate. Also, the "3 divide lake" trail on the North-West of the loop is hard to find.

beautiful, but I'm not sure this is really a loop. I went clockwise and couldn't find the intersection with the Notch Trail. my nat geo map does not show a loop. it's missing the east west connector at the top. Nice to see the fall colors.

This trail is great, every lake has another view it is always beautiful. Absolutly not crowded. Much silenc, awesome.

The views of the many lakes all along the way are beautiful. The trail is easy to follow except up to Three Lakes Divide. There isn’t a trail here and I felt bad walking on the foliage. I would have given this 5 stars if it did not include this section. Also, be prepared to pay for parking and it can pretty full. You’ll need $6 cash for one day.

Pretty busy. Sunday of Memorial weekend and got there at around 10:30am, so guess that’s to be expected on an already known busy trail. Had to park in overflow parking down the road a bit. Lots of hikes start here, and after the first bit it thinned out some. Lots of cool lakes along the way. Hiked to the last one and had a pretty peaceful lunch and tried to photograph some dragonflies. Saw some tent campers and people fishing. Overall we enjoyed the area and hope to come back for an overnight sometime.

beautiful trail. one of my favorites!

Great hike, not too crowded, hiked pass 16 lakes. That’s cool.

great hike. we hiked into Wall lake and the bushwacked toward Cliff Lake and made it a 3 mile hike. Would be a good hike for children.

Perfect trail. Some steep sections, overall great day hike.

Amazing views of lakes, mountains, meadows, and streams. Even on the 4th of July it wasn’t that busy. Beautiful trail.

Sunday, October 08, 2017

So beautiful! Lake after lake after lake! Saw very few people. A touch of snow and mud.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Absolutely gorgeous hike. We used this trail to take our kids on their first real backpacking trip. Youngest is 5 and she did great. I docked a star because heavily trafficked is an understatement. There was a point where it felt like we were in a backcountry KOA. Super busy on the weekends and huge families with loud kids were everywhere. Not the place to go if you're seeking solitude and silence.

Monday, July 24, 2017

The views were great. there isn't really a trail up to the top of the three divide lakes so we got a little lost. The parking lot was very full and you are supposed to pay for a recreation pass that is on the road prior to turning into the parking lot area.

Monday, July 24, 2017

This trail is great for all skill levels. I believe we may have actually done the 17 Lakes Loop as that is how many lakes we saw. This trail is stunning.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

This is an amazing beginner trail. We chose to complete this loop for my 5 yr old son's first backpacking experience.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

I did this hike strung together with a few others early spring. I recommend taking traction aids if there is snow and the temp are cold at night.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Did the full loop on a single night backpacking trip. Spent the night in between the 1st and 2nd divide lakes. Trails was off and on snow covered, especially on the northern facing slopes and between Clyde and Watson lakes. Where there wasn't snow, their was a fair amount of mud from the melting snow. Beautiful area, lots to see and do, but the fish were not too cooperative :-).

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Hiked this with my young adult kids who found it easy enough to spend the day making many side trips throughout the day

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Great hike, lots of nice views of the lakes. Lost the trail for a while north of Wall lake but easily found it again.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Amazing trail!! Don't forget to buy a pass before parking. A family leaving gave me theirs. Dog friendly and not too busy. Would do it again!!

Monday, August 15, 2016

Did this hike as part of the 17 Lakes Loop (not listed) and loved every second. Beautiful scenery, amazing views, lots of wildlife. We spent the night at Upper/North Twin Lake where we had the lake pretty much to ourselves, there was another camp across the lake but we never heard or seen them. I would recommend this to everyone!!

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

This was a fantastic hike. We took many photos of the amazing views.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

I went backpacking Tuesday - Wednesday. is was a great trip! The trail was pretty easy and it felt like we made it to the divide lakes in a snap. it is very beautiful. In July it was perfect temperature to hike, but got cold at night. This is a great trip, but a busy one. We saw two other groups camping. when we hiked out, we ran into a group of 30 hikers, and a large youth group backpacking(it will be even worse on the weekends). The other problem is finding the trail. After you get to the trailhead, head down the trail on the left(can't remember what it is called, but it is not the sign that says the notch). after about a half mile, turn left at the cliff lake sign. When heading back, we did not do the loop, just turned around. a great trail, but busy.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

I took my 8 yr old, 6 yr old and 5 yr old to long lake and back for an overnighter July 2,3 2016. parking lot was packed at noon, and it took 1/2 hr to find a spot. It was an easy trail, well defined with a slight climb over Mt Watson at 11,500'. most of the hikers were day trippers, a lot of dogs and a couple groups with horses. The kids made it there with several breaks. There are actually several more trail spurs from the round trail shown here with many more options for exploring alternate routes. Take a map.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Did this hike at night during June. It was a pleasant hike, easy to follow the trail. This would be a great hike for a first time backpacker wanting a back country experience. My group went in on a Tuesday, and fished around at the numerous lakes in the area, and returned to our camp each night. We had the place almost to ourselves until Thursday evening when a group camped 50 feet from us. upon returning to camp Friday evening, it was like a little city. campfires could be seen all around the lake. Lots of Boy Scouts it appeared. Good for them.

Monday, August 17, 2015

Out looking for a good turn off point to hike up Haystack. The Lake wasn't much further so we had to come check it out. Had a great weekend hiking the many lakes and we did make to the top of Haystack.

Monday, August 17, 2015

My son came up for our Birthday weekend and tried to get out to as many of the surround Lakes as we could. There are so many little bodies of water some haven't even been named. Nice wide trails, most of them very used. A great place to start.